It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consuming Post-Birth Placenta - Consumption of a Lost Soul?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I agree...very very taboo topic. But I still see it very possible that its not so much our tummy's are somersaulting because we are not suppose to do it...but more so our tummies and minds are thankful that we dont 'have' to do it.

I could see it being needed in the early times of survival...in the days when baby's probably often did die due to not enough food ect to go around, same reason women probably nursed much longer then today...and some today dont nurse at all....because they have the choice for convenience. Is it a good thing we have mothers that dont nurse?

Even though I would never think of eating the placenta...I can still stand outside of this idea and see that the reason we dont is due to our conveniences that we just dont have to do it anymore or havent had to in a long time.

I was just looking up articles along this topic and found a article about a doctor lady in China who gives abortions and it doesnt stop there....

www.trosch.org...

One investigator feigned illness and asked a Shenzhen hospital doctor for fetuses. Holding up a fist-sized glass bottle stuffed with ten thumb-sized unborns, the doctor said, “[They were] all aborted this morning. You can take them. We are a state-run hospital and don’t charge anything.” A private hospital spokes­man offered to sell the reporters full-term unborn, which he claimed “contain the best healing qualities.” Zou Qin, a doctor who claimed to have aborted several hundred unborn and eaten 100 fetuses herself, said, “People normally prefer [fetuses from] young women, and even better, the first boy and a male.”

So I now see a large difference in eating the placentas and other things...and I dont see eating the placentas as cannibalism...just to add to the subject matter. But the lady above...from China...well....I would rather not discuss it....

Its interesting to consider though that possible long ago when we were not too detached from the animal kingdom that this would of been something man did do.

BTW....I think its fair to say...if we ever did have this instinct...that we have pretty much all lost this long ago.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Wow Leo .. That's pretty damn disconcerting to be honest.

I was going to ask if eating the placenta would be on the same lines as eating an aborted fetus, but I figured that would have taken it a bit too far. Although, it looks like we're there now!

The more I think about it .. The less I can comprehend it.

Eating a placenta, okay that's foul.

Eating an aborted fetus, that is WAY beyond foul.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Isn't this canabalism? I mean serously your consuming human flesh. pretty disgusting in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Thanks for posting, John.

That is indeed the question at hand, but it seems the answer is a little harder to come up with.

Some say yes, some say no, some are indifferent.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
Isn't this canabalism? I mean serously your consuming human flesh. pretty disgusting in my opinion.

Well it does seem the boundaries of what is and is not cannibalism does find a place in the process of birth in the animal kingdom.

All animals that give birth eat the placenta....so does that make all of these animals canabals? Take humans out of the equation for a moment....are cats canabals since they eat the placenta, are dogs canabals since they eat it, what about chimps, apes, the list goes on and on??

Do we see these animals eat their own kind outside of eating the after birth? No, we dont. Obviously to me anyways, this shows that in the animal kingdom, animals do this for 2 possible reasons. 1, it holds enough protein for the mother to be reassured of plenty of nutrition for her young. 2, in the wild, its not like you want to leave some bloody blob laying around for other animals to track on.

If there is something that is a part of a birthing process which through nature, it gives a great amount of nutrition to the mother for her young....isnt this just a miracle in nature, making a way for less young to die of mal nutrition.

With cats and dogs, we see the animal kingdom acting in instincts, when they probably dont really have to any more. Pets are usually offered plenty of food...pet owners usually learning about how to offer the best food in the most needed times. Its probably very possible for cats and dogs to have a healthy litter of young without eating the placenta. But they still are linked very much to instincts, even though we make a most unnatural home for many of them , offering them luxuries they normally wouldnt have.

My point is....we have no idea what man did thousands of years ago living in what would of been the womb of nature, the animal kingdom. You can choose to not see us as animals in the past....but when I imagine how we would of had to be brutal to survive...I could see something like this being possible for us at one time.

My point....I dont think its cannibalism. Course this is just an opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join