It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVERNMENT SURVEILLANCE.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
-facepalm-

I'm A+ certified and I'm a Cisco Certified Network Associate...
This thread has made me facepalm like 8,000 times...
Honestly, no one in this thread thus far is being actively monitored by the government in such a way that you CAN READ IT ON YOUR COMPUTER'S PORT AND IP TRAFFIC.
OMFG
-quadruple facepalm-
If the government wanted your information they can just get your ISP to hand it over to them directly.
Comcast will gladly sell you out to the FBI, as they have proven time and again they can and will sell you out to the IRAA or the MPAA.
And another way the government can trace your info and monitor you is wireless signals...
Encrypted or not WEP can be cracked in a matter of minutes.
WPA can be cracked in a measurable amount of time.
And wireless information you send out?
Is being sent over 2.4 or 5Ghz bands in radio waves.
They can intercept this and monitor it if need be.

Honestly...

You can't make your computer 100% secure.
I don't care if you use Crunchbang and run virtual machines inside of virtual machines and you triple encrypt everything...
If you're using the interwebs...
You're vulnerable.
End of story.
There's no reason to panic, there's no reason to whine, and no reason to tinfoil hat your ethernet cable.
There's nothing you can do about it, so why worry?
Just don't search for how to assassinate someone in a high political office and get away with it, don't search for plutonium on ebay, and don't try to sell JDAMs to Greece. (They can't afford them right now anyway.)
You'll be fine.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
true words, jedi.

and for good measure ill say it once more..

get off windows!

I like how you're implying Linux makes you safe.
If only that were the case.
The truth is, you could compile your own operating system from scratch (Even going so far as to code your own ISA but that would be stupid.), give your computer only the basic functionality of a TI calculator, but as long as you access the internet and do any sort of information exchange, you're traceable, trackable, and identifiable.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Uhh, voting machines have an IP y'all and are connected to the internet- and they're running windows mobile (I think for most of them), or in other words, they're not even open source.

and I have looked up uranium glass on ebay (for geissler tubes)... DOES THAT COUNT???

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
some geezer who knew my sister got life in prison for murder, him and his son killed his wifes boyfriend. He dumped his computer never to be found again but they still provided evidence in court that he had online viewed body disposal sites. service providers will know who went where and govt will also have stuff running that tells em the same.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by thegreatestone]

<< 2  3  4   >>

join