It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women try to take body on plane at Liverpool airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Women try to take body on plane at Liverpool airport

news.bbc.co.uk

Police have arrested two women after they tried to take the body of a dead relative on to a plane at Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

Staff became suspicious when they tried to check in 91-year-old Curt Willi Jarant, who was wearing sunglasses, for a flight to Berlin on Saturday.

The women - his widow and step-daughter - said they thought he was asleep.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

"He was alive. He was pale but he wasn't dead," Ms Anusic added.

"A dead person you cannot carry to Germany, there are too many people checking and security. How can you bring a dead person to Germany?"

A member of staff at Broadway Cars in Oldham, who asked not to be named, confirmed the private hire company had taken the passengers to Liverpool but declined to comment further, saying it was "a big deal" for the business.

A spokesman for Liverpool John Lennon Airport said: "In view of the fact that this incident is currently under police investigation and we understand arrests have been made, we cannot comment any further at this stage."

I have to wonder if they were aware he was dead and trying to evade the costs of body transportation, or if there were truly oblivious that the old guy had conked it...

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Weekend at Bernies!

These women may just be really stupid.

But the attempt to dress him up to make his lack of response less obvious would suggest that they knew he was dead.

[edit on 2010/4/6 by Aeons]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

I had to travel from Liverpool to Berlin quite recently and after ages waiting in one of the longest queues for security, I'm not surprised he died!

Peace!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This is a story to follow ! Thanks ! Wow, why, how, when, etc. Is the cost of "freight" or "cargo" quite prohibitive compared to a ticket? Love your humor about the long lines, but then again, maybe...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Wave
reply to post by D.E.M.

I had to travel from Liverpool to Berlin quite recently and after ages waiting in one of the longest queues for security, I'm not surprised he died!

Peace!

Lol! Thats the funniest thing. Funny as

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I don't know what to think about this

Reminds me of a scene from 'commando'

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

I did hear that the women were refused permission to fly because the body was wearing a crucifix

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by piedsniper

Well it sure gives 'body scanning' a whole new meaning.

Peace!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I don't know wether to laugh or what about this story, it's amusing in it's own way but pretty messed up at the same time!

Whatever next?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Funny stuff really

Asked to describe her late husband, who she called Willi, Gitta Jarant said: "[He was] the best man of the world - good man.

"I [did not] kill my Willi. My Willi is my god. I [have loved] my Willi for 22 years."
Mr Jarant's step-daughter Anke Anusic added: "They would think that for 24 hours we would carry a dead person? This is ridiculous. He was moving, he was breathing. Eight people saw him."

This is more Airport Security overkill, what about Grandpa(Mr Curt Willi Jarant) he died here
I guess this time next year there will be a pay out to these Women. Poor Grandpa would of got a full cavity probe too.

Zelong.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If I were placing a bet, I'd say they probably all had round trip tickets, but Willi died just before flying home. Cheaper to use his ticket than pay to fly the body home.

new topics

top topics

join