It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X. Hiding behind another celestial body ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I just read an article about a bright star which suddenly vanished coming back just moments later.

You can read it right here.
Rare Sight: Asteroid to Hide Easily Spotted Star Tuesday

Of course I'm going way into fairyland with this, but what if ?

Could there possibly a celestial body what keeps us from seeing planet x ?
Don't say impossible so fast. According to a lot of people even our own existence is against almost all odds.

Please what do you all think.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Technicly, yes there could be. Wether or not planet x exists, well that's another matter. But it's certainly scientifically possible for somerhing hiding behind something else. Of course, if it was hiding behind another star, then we're safe, cos then it'd be in orbit of that star

I've seen a couple of videos posted last week on youtube. The guy has an infrared camera pointed at this star like object, which shows up far brighter in the infrared light. apparently it's not very visible to the naked eye at all. But the interesting thing is, it seems to have something in orbit around it, which is in a different position on each of the 3 different dates that he's filmed it on. So maybe it's right there, but we can't tell it appart from the other stars yet, and it's being covered up (like the conspiracies say) This is the first of his videos, he gives the co-ordinates as "6h42m8.44s, 41 40' 18.94" He also claims that there's no stars listed as being at those co-ordinates, but the sky is full of stars, I'd have no idea how to verify that.

As you can see, this does seem to have something in orbit around it. Who knows, maybe it is true. It's a far fetched story, but then, we live in a far fetched universe. If it is, bring it on, it'll be like living in a move, and just think, we'd be privilleged enough to see the end of our civilisation. Well, see it, die in it, same ol same ol.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

HOLY WOAH!!!!
Thanks for posting that.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Very interesting. That certainly looks like a 'second sun' with that camera.

I find it very interesting that in the movie '2010', they show a second sun at the end. Did they know,... were they hinting at something? We'll find out soon enough.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Wow ! Thanks.

I now for sur the light below the star ( Betelgeuze if I'm correct ) isn't visible from where I live.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

It is an interesting event but I think these types of events occure naturally. SMH @ the star being Zeta Ophiuchi nice! I think the NIBIRU if YOU believe its real is using some type of binary miniture star type engine which would allow it to have large amounts of energy that would emitt light but produces such a powerful magnetic field from this binary star type engine that it traps the light that would be emitted............OK MY 1 CENT

[edit on 4/6/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Very impressive thread! I like this thread.

Very well presented, and thank you so much for it.

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

the star being Zeta Ophiuchi nice!

I'm sorry, which of the stars do you mean ?

You are talking about a magnetic field but against all odds. Can there be an asteroid blocking our view ? ( Or something else ) One that is in a similar orbit around our sun. Or maybe one that just happened to be blocking our view every time we took a look.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
How do you know that the object in the video is in orbit around our sun?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
For those that live in cities or do not spend much time outside. The fast moving object is a near earth satellite. They are very common. We play a game with the kids at night. Who finds the first satellite and who finds the most. It's fun and can be done without binoculars. The flashing lights of planes are easy to spot and differentiate them from orbiting spacecraft. Try looking north and watch for circumpolar satellites. Good starting point. Be careful to avoid looking in the direction of the earth's shadow because you won't be able to see them.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The star mentioned within your artical here:

In this particular case, however, the occulting body will be a minor planet: a tiny asteroid known as 824 Anastasia.

The star in question is Zeta Ophiuchi, the third brightest star in the constellation of Ophiuchus, the Serpent Holder. At magnitude +2.6, it's a star that's bright enough to easily see with the naked eye; you don't even need binoculars, although they would give a better view.

As far as what I mentioned about NEMISIS having a binary engine thats what I was saying may be preventing earth from seeing it clearly a binary type minuture star engine that can produce large amounts of energy and heat but also produces more magnatisim preventing the light which may be emitted from doing so friend thats all.

[edit on 4/6/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
If Planet X had an orbit and was hiding behind something else, we would have seen it by now, just like how we can still see the star, but it will occasionaly be blocked.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Sinter Klass: Let me just say I am in belief the universe does what it wishes, and humans can continue to believe that their the top of evolution and the only life in the galaxy.

With that said, anything is possible!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
them videos just freaked the schitt outta me....i know nothing about,the star system,but have heard of nibiru,can anyone tell me that this video is not so?...i havent a telescope or infared anything, so im gonna rely on someone else to tell me that this is just a normal thing thats been there for ages.....plz???

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed.

The you tube footage amazing.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cantsee4looking
them videos just freaked the schitt outta me....i know nothing about,the star system,but have heard of nibiru,can anyone tell me that this video is not so?...i havent a telescope or infared anything, so im gonna rely on someone else to tell me that this is just a normal thing thats been there for ages.....plz???

It's Betlegeuse, if you look at the coordinates the video gives, it doesn't line up with where he panned to, so he obviously wanted the black square coordinates to fit with his idea of nibiru in the video.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I was under the impression there was supposed to be another planet on the other side of the sun from us, in practically an identical orbit, thereby remaining almost unnoticed; seen only a handful of times over the years. Can't remember where I read that though

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Basically some videos were posted that show an object likely to be in outer space and the poster of the video has no idea what they are looking at. They don't seem to know a lot about the night sky since they were surprised when a low orbit satellite came by. That's a usual occurrence.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cantsee4looking

It is not so.

Ive been reading this forum and not a day gos by where there isn't a new thread on This "Death Star" coming to destroy the world. The only "Death star that will destroy us is our own Sun. In 5 billion years when it consumes all it's Hydrogen, and increases it's size to that beyond the Earth to start burning Helium.

If you really want a real and very present danger to worry about, then hypothetical "Death Stars2 and 2012 this may shock you.
(wish i knew how to show photos without linking)

www.qrg.northwestern.edu...

Each one of those white specs are asteroids the main mass of these asteroids lay beyond Mars and before the largest planet in our solar system Jupiter every so often Jupiter and a Asteroid will line up in a perfect line. As a result the Asteroid gets a Gravitational kick and is flung into the path's of the inner Planets. The Earth is in a Cosmic dance around these object's

Small Asteroids often hit the earth's atmosphere burning up and leaving a amazing trail in the sky. Every hundred years or so a real big Asteroid hits the earth the last such event was on June 30, 1908 The Tunguska event and yep you guessed it we are due another one anytime now.

en.wikipedia.org...

Sweet Dreams.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by TheCosmicOcean]

[edit on 6-4-2010 by TheCosmicOcean]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
May I remind everybody that the you tube video in the reply was not the reason for my question, No matter how interesting it is.

reply to ophuichus
As far as what I mentioned about NEMISIS having a binary engine thats what I was saying may be preventing earth from seeing it clearly a binary type minuture star engine that can produce large amounts of energy and heat but also produces more magnatisim preventing the light which may be emitted from doing so friend thats all.

Thank you I just misunderstood you the first time.

I find what you say however quite interesting. I haven't heard it before.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join