It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this planet x? (no, it's Mars)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

I havnt seen any evidence of note or evidence backed up with any data to even start thinking of calling this a hoax.

The guy is obviously updating, so let him run with it. Dont let your closed mind to a subject sway your opinion untill its proven or debunked.

Respects

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Zorzenon

Planet X is just a placeholder before the scientific community agrees a planet exists, and they start deciding what god to name it after. It's not exclusive to Pluto.

I personally prefer to see people using that rather than calling everything which could possibly be a new planet Nibiru.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Risen]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Oh thank god it turns out we can actually have a factual thread about nibiru, rather than a sitchin lovers vs. skeptic war.

Ive gotta say, there are a plethora of things one could claim as planet x. But usually its just they have found something THEY havnt noticed before, considering the prestige and naming rights associated with a discovery I still doubt itll be found by a utube nut in his backyard, but you never know.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Like phage said being a black spot on google sky is no big deal, they're ALL over the place. I think it's pobably more likely that the maker of the video found a blank spot on google earth gave those coordinates and then claimed Nibiru to be there. Anyone else agree with that?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

I find it a contradiction in terms when I see so often the usual phrase... " If nibiru existed someone would have seen it by now" on one hand, then the other " If it existed some nut on youtuube wouldnt find it"

Its surely iether one or the other.

Respects

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Your summary could be right, and if he is bogus then he will surely trip himself up. Until then I give him, like anyone else the benefit of the doubt.

respects

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

I was under the impression that they had found what they thought to be dark star, a brown dwarf. I thought it was on here someone posted the article, or maybe not; I don't recall now. Come to think of it, I may have just happened across it on national geographic or something similar.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I think the point their getting at is that if it existed an expert astronomer at an observatory would likely be first, next in line would be a very avid amateur astronomer, both of whome arent as likely to be bringing their preconceived expectations to the table about nibiru, lastly the nibiru nut with a camcorder who is expecting to find it then gets "trigger happy" at the first sight of somehthing suspicous they go cry wolf.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Possible sightings of Jupiter!

That's what this is. The brightest star in the sky, which I have seen many times, is always Jupiter.

Haha, I disagree.

The brightest star in the sky is the Sun.

And the 2nd brightest Object is the Moon.

And the 3rd Brightest is Venus.

And Jupiter gets stuck at 4th place.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

THANK YOU

I personally know nothing about astronomy but I do have an interest in the plant X theory.

So like so many say on here do you own research so I do that.

Read the videos guy profile on YouTube, what his videos, sent him to messages and got a auto reply so far inviting him to join this thread.

I look at the replies on this thread and so far I am not convinced.

1 side we have the guys first saying it is Saturn, then some planetoid called Betelgeuse, might I add by a couple of people that then changed there minds then said it was Mars.

Then I see someone quoting Google sky saying it Mars, then another member says yes it is Mars. I then see just 1 picture as proof against 3 videos from a guy on YouTube what seems to me knows his stuff and if I was to believe a profile, I would have to go with his first over 90% of members on this site.

Then the same people that debunk these videos then also say that Google Sky is a toy, but the orginal debunker was using Google Sky ?

Come on I don’t know nothing about astronomy, but I know common sense and these 2 side of the debate are not adding up and is not finished.

I am just looking at the evidence nothing more. give a brother a hand please.

Thanks to all for the effort btw.

EDIT: To Add the Thank you at the top for the post to the poster I was replying to. BTW star for you.

[edit on 6/4/2010 by TheDon]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NibiruWarrior

An expected post judging by your name. But the attack on another member was stooping a bit low, I agree he may not sound like much of a sweety but if he brings facts with him its always worth a listen.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by loner007

oh boy people really do have to get this into perspective. The Earth has been here since 5 billion years it has never been destroyed by anything otherwise we wouldnt be here. If such a planet did exist theres is no doubt its orbital path would not coincide with earths or get even close to earth to cause any effect. We know this because of simple logic if its orbit did coincide with Earths we would have been hit by it or our orbit would have changed something that heavy passing near the earth. We know this because again we are here. Some people specualte it comes every 3600years well there you go since man has been around longer than that and we still here.

There's so much confusion about Nibiru that the only sure I have is: This current civilization is the most stupid EVER.. I say it 'cos the most of ancient civilizations knew about it, knew about its orbital path. And these ancient civilization didn't say the "Earth will be destroyed", but cataclysms are inevitable each time that Nibiru reaches its perigee. The EXACT reasons about why it messes with Earth, is not said by the space agencies, that KNOW EXACTLY how it works. We don't know if Nibiru is a cluster, a small system orbiting a brown dwarf... What happens with our solar system every time Nibiru passes thru?? According to NOAA data, the solar coronal activity had increased in the last decade. Is it Nibiru messing with the sun?? The quakes that are happening are effect of solar activity or Nibiru pulls orbit directly on Earth??? We are a doomed civilization not 'cos we are in the fireline of periodic cataclysms, but 'cos our governments are capable to let everybody die to save their status quo.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

It used to be, but these days it's becoming a bit of a drone and I can't be bothered listening anymore, he wouldn't know credit where it's due if it picked him up by his feet and slapped him.

My name I chose because Nibiru is of interest to me yes, but most certainly not why I chimed in, the reasons for which I have stated and my feelings span a long time and many subjects.

[edit on 6/4/10 by NibiruWarrior]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
reply to post by loner007

oh boy people really do have to get this into perspective. The Earth has been here since 5 billion years it has never been destroyed by anything otherwise we wouldnt be here. If such a planet did exist theres is no doubt its orbital path would not coincide with earths or get even close to earth to cause any effect. We know this because of simple logic if its orbit did coincide with Earths we would have been hit by it or our orbit would have changed something that heavy passing near the earth. We know this because again we are here. Some people specualte it comes every 3600years well there you go since man has been around longer than that and we still here.

There's so much confusion about Nibiru that the only sure I have is: This current civilization is the most stupid EVER.. I say it 'cos the most of ancient civilizations knew about it, knew about its orbital path. And these ancient civilization didn't say the "Earth will be destroyed", but cataclysms are inevitable each time that Nibiru reaches its perigee. The EXACT reasons about why it messes with Earth, is not said by the space agencies, that KNOW EXACTLY how it works. We don't know if Nibiru is a cluster, a small system orbiting a brown dwarf... What happens with our solar system every time Nibiru passes thru?? According to NOAA data, the solar coronal activity had increased in the last decade. Is it Nibiru messing with the sun?? The quakes that are happening are effect of solar activity or Nibiru pulls orbit directly on Earth??? We are a doomed civilization not 'cos we are in the fireline of periodic cataclysms, but 'cos our governments are capable to let everybody die to save their status quo.

You want another reason for the quakes? ever heard of the gaia theory Sounds just as plausible. Not to mention if this planet is passing through our solar system why hasnt other planets especially the outer planets experiencing anything? Has there been any asteroids being displaced in the asteroid belt etc etc.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I personally think you (Phage) are a disinformation agent

Be glad. More people share of your opinion.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien

I personally think you (Phage) are a disinformation agent

Be glad. More people share of your opinion.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by ucalien]

I actually don't think he's a disinfo agent himself. Just following the lead of people he respects who are.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Like phage said being a black spot on google sky is no big deal, they're ALL over the place. I think it's pobably more likely that the maker of the video found a blank spot on google earth gave those coordinates and then claimed Nibiru to be there. Anyone else agree with that?

yes! that's exactly what i thought when i first saw that his coordinates matched the black-out box

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

the sun is a star but its not visible in the night sky

the moon is not even a star

so jupiter/venus would be the brightest stars

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join