It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this planet x? (no, it's Mars)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I would suggest EVERYONE go outside tonight if it is clear enough, and have a look for this object, if it is a brown dwarf, there should be a very faint orange hint of a circular object. The less light pollution, the better.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

You can see Jupiter with the Naked eye, and once you have found it, you would know exactly where it is, Jupiter is often visible, even if I look away for 20 mins I could look up and find it right away.

The person filming wouldn't have so much trouble if it was Jupiter, they wouldn't have to search the sky for it, they would just have to look away from the camera for a second or two, I think that rules out Jupiter, I don't believe anyone would have trouble finding Jupiter once it was spotted

Also I don't think this was done with a telescope? in video 1 they pan the camera, you can see the street layout light poles, trees etc, seeing any of Jupiters moons with a camera is that possible? the moon would have to be huge to be that clear considering it's size compared to the main object, and it's clear whatever it is does have something in orbit.

Not trying to be an ass, just making an observation, no chance that is Jupiter.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
oh boy people really do have to get this into perspective. The Earth has been here since 5 billion years it has never been destroyed by anything otherwise we wouldnt be here. If such a planet did exist theres is no doubt its orbital path would not coincide with earths or get even close to earth to cause any effect. We know this because of simple logic if its orbit did coincide with Earths we would have been hit by it or our orbit would have changed something that heavy passing near the earth. We know this because again we are here. Some people specualte it comes every 3600years well there you go since man has been around longer than that and we still here.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by loner007]

Well we do know for a fact that magnetic north has reversed in the past caused by a full polar shift. Not sure of what else other than a large gravitational shift/pull would have caused this. Also there sure has been an increase in major earthquakes and other natural disasters over the past few years. Perhaps this could also explain the changes in weather patterns as well?? I am not writing off the possibility of a brown dwarf or an unknown planetary body being the cause of all of these changes. I always wondered if there was aplanetary collision in the past which caused the pacific basin. It sure does look like something took a big chunk out of the planet if you drain all the water out look at the topography.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
looks like it's time for me to invest in a telescope with an infrared lense. Not like I'm saving for anything now is it

Did you heard back from your astronomer friends yet? (@ Isis) I'm looking forward to hear what they have to say. See if you can get them to take some pictures! (if it's actually there)

[edit on 6/4/2010 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isis_Is_I
I can confirm (if the owner of these videos is being truthful when he says it is upper left of Orion's belt, and it would seem it is) that it is not Jupiter. No planet should be positioned there at this time.

It's called Betelgeuse.

[edit on 4/6/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
A quick quote from wikipedia in the link i posted earlier.

"The Nebula is in fact part of a much larger nebula that is known as the Orion Molecular Cloud Complex. The Orion Molecular Cloud Complex extends throughout the constellation of Orion and includes Barnard's Loop, the Horsehead Nebula, M43, M78 and the Flame Nebula. Stars are forming throughout the Orion Nebula, and due to this heat-intensive process the region is particularly prominent in the infrared."

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I pasted the cordinates on the first video and i got this:

a black square... figures...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not according to the coordinates.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by Isis_Is_I
I can confirm (if the owner of these videos is being truthful when he says it is upper left of Orion's belt, and it would seem it is) that it is not Jupiter. No planet should be positioned there at this time.

It's called Betelgeuse.

The coordinates given in the OP are not where Beetlegeuse is located. I cannot say for sure that the OP is giving the correct coordinates of the star he filmed, but I know the coordinates for Betelgeuse are 05h 55m 10.3053s, 07° 24′ 25.426. From watching the film and where it pans to it does not appear that this star is located in the same coordinates as Bettlegeuse. Maybe the OP can film again and show this star and where it is located in conjunction with Bettlegeuse?

BTW...Love the new avatar Phage
[edit on 6-4-2010 by nepafogo]

[edit on 6-4-2010 by nepafogo]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Isis_Is_I

Nor are the coordinates "upper left of Orion's belt".
So which do you want to go by?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

Why, do you want to visit?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Not sure if that's it but, last month I remember seeing a bright reddish orange 'star' near orion. I looked up an astronomy website to see if it was mars or something and it turned out that it was saturn. Please check the position of saturn for mid march just to be sure.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
lovely...a nice black box covering anything there...time to find some different software to see whats at these coords.

bleh

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I was using reference to which the owner of these videos used.

It still doesn't make it Betelgeuse Phage.

Betelgeuse is visible to the naked eye.

I am going to check it out tonight, you should too.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Isis_Is_I]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

The deep space images on Google sky are not real time, they come from the DSS consortium. Here is the plate of that region.

To find it for yourself you can go here:
archive.stsci.edu...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Yes, I understand that was the reference which the maker of the video used.

The first thing that comes to my mind when someone says "upper left of Orion's belt" is Betelguese. The coordinates are nowhere near the upper left of Orion's belt so we already have one "discrepancy" in what the video claims. Why believe anything else (like it not being visible to the naked eye).

How are you going to look for it if it "isn't visible"?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If it's a bright orange object "close" to the left star on Orion's belt, Betelgeuse does seem like the best possible explanation. The guy on the video suggests that the object is faint unless under the Ir, though, which doesn't fit as well.

Trouble is that the video kind of sucks, and it doesn't do a very good job of showing the object in relation to other nearby stars.

It's also worth noting that Betelgeuse has been expanding in size steadily since astronomic observations began, and there is even a remote possibility that it could go supernova during humanity's time on earth - offering us probably the single most unique and fantastic light show ever to be witnessed by mankind. But that's just an outside chance...

Anyways, where's the mystery?

Go outside tonight and look for yourselves. I watch the stars almost every night, and I haven't seen anything unusual near Orion. Just the same beautiful stars i see every night. I don't have an IR camera, but if it's at all visible to the naked eye it seems like I would have seen it. I haven't.

Besides, this would be big news among amateur astronomers if it were true. I haven't heard anything.

Or maybe everyone with a telescope is in on the conspiracy, right?

Please... Nibiru is such hooey. Anyone read "Nemesis" by Isaac Asimov?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The youtube poster is a fool and certainly not an astronomer.
In this video he clearly pans to Betelgeuse. He also claims that Sirius is our closest neighbor.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Its Betelgeuse,Betelgeuse,Betelgeuse. In the first video he pans to sirius then up and right to Betelgeuse. Orion is my favourite constellation and it looks the same as usual to me.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by remymartin]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Yeah, I think I am going to pay a visit to the astronomy dept. at the college here. I think it is very important to get to the bottom of this.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join