It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Trying to Release Yet More U.S. Military Footage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
As hurtful and sad all these events are, I'm happy to see more videos being released. They are HARD evidence of crimes done by US military via support of the government. I like you guys to consider few things, as you watch these videos;

- Note how excited and happy trigger these soldiers are, killing another human being as it is a video game!

- Notice how "they" see "them" as different species, and not human beings, as if they don't feel like "they" do!

- Imagine how much more is going on in war that we have no idea about... this is just one small example of an event...

- Do you see how military dehumanize these lost souls into believing they're doing something "good"

- Consider the fact that WE are ALL involuntarily supporting the war by paying taxes to government which is then used to maintain these unlawful wars!

- If these acts were done in our current culture via it's rules/laws these soldiers would be considered serial killers and charged with first degree murder while the people/government charged with second degree murder!

- How can one see these soldiers that volunteer to go to war as "hero" when they commit such crimes?

- Do you know that over %70-80 of soldiers back from war can not fit in out society anymore, as they have no choice but to reflect on the past actions... either they have to go back to war as that's the only place they fit in or fall apart in this society as they're trying to fit back in. Mostly the feel they're not human beings anymore... how's this right?!

- By America attacking these people, they are going to attack back as revenge of their lost loved ones... how's this war suppose to end, when America is constantly fueling the fire? It's not meant to stop...

- Are we missing the big picture... the purpose of life? Were we brought to this world to live a short life, so we can destroy one another? What a hopeless / purposeless life that would be...

You can not fight the dark with more dark... you need to be beacon of light! We need to stop all this non-sense, we're letting these constipated old farts to manipulate our thoughts, feelings and state of being through all these wars! Time is running out...

There is ONE solution to all this madness! People of the world... need to stop joining military, if you "choose" to join for any reason... you have sold your soul! Without an army, there can not be a war! Maybe we should focus on how to unite the human beings so that we can be welcomed to the stars and be able to move our civilization ahead and evolve! Do you know how enormous this universe is? Do you know how beautiful it is? Do you know how many more species out there? I don't think our imagination is capable of even understanding it's enormous beauty... yet we're stuck on this tiny little rock.. Earth..

All we can think about is how to own something that we can never have! Do you honestly think you can take over material positions when time is up? If there is a life after this (which I can assure you, there is as our souls can never die) then the ONLY thing we can take over from this world... is our experiences. Let it be a pleasant one, WE have the choice. We are the creators of our experiences.

Just because something is done a certain way for a long time ... it doesn't make it okay to stay in it. We evolve and so we HAVE to change our perception!

[edit on 6-4-2010 by freighttrain]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I don't think that video was ever shown on British TV news channel just on an obscure web article that I bet hardly anyone will click on.

You can tell they're trying to downplay this.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
the disgusting behaviour of the soldiers (mistaking cameras for weapons and then calling in that they've seen people with "AK-47s" - a ridiculous accuracy level for something they just made up)...

In one of the "Collateral Murder" threads you can see quite a few ATS posters "clearly" identifying AK-47s in the blurry video. Seeing the RPG was quite understandable, but... AK-47?
Also, however small the screen was on that helicopter, its resolution was much higher than one used in recording the video.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
its just been on sky news here in the UK.

they showed the 2 main sections and did state they were unarmed and there were children involved.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Some of you are blind. I'm against all of the wars we are in, having stated that I watched the video and two of those guys had cameras, one guy had a rocket launcher and all the rest had assault rifles. The shooters did not lie about what they were seeing nor were they mistaken. Every shot followed thier rules of engagement. It is unfortunate that there were 2 kids in the van and there is the possibility that the people from the van were just trying to help some people who had just been shot but if you watch one of the people from the van was also picking up the weapons to put them in the van. I would suggest next time people watch the video before they read other peoples opinions about said videos.

War is a terrible thing and people are killed. For this reason I would not join the military unless the fight was in my own country. I don't know how you guys expect the participants in a war to behave and talk as they are killing and being killed but given the context of being in a combat zone these soldiers did nothing wrong, they did not shoot a bunch of guys with cameras, they shot a couple of guys with cameras who were with a bunch of guys with weapons, there were US troops in the area and as far as the helicopter pilots were concerned they were possibly saving the lives of thier fellow service men.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
BS

Not all of them had AR's if any, and not ONE person from the van was collecting weapons, they were carrying the injured reporter into the van.

Quit spreading disinfo.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edews
Trigger happy sh!theads.

You're not going to win any arguments with comments like that man.

Believe me.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

i love these guys. real life heros. the world needs to know whats going on in irak and afganistan

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
What a double standard we have here.

All the outrage on this and no one is complaining about the drones firing missiles into a house in Pakistan.

Why is it that we don't care about the wife and kids inside the house as long as we think a terrorist is in there?

Thank God these guys aren't smart enough to sue us for the indiscriminate killing of family members in Pakistan. Well I shouldn't say sue cause I'm sure we cut checks all the time for bombing the wrong structure. I should say war crimes, crimes against humanity, etc.

I know we need to fight these guys, I just don't like the idea of taking his family with him.

Also where do we get the right to bomb a house in a country we are not at war with to get someone we think is against us? It doesn't even seem like a gray area.

I sure don't buy the whole they cant prove we did it thing. There is evidence from the ordinance.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mazmike

This is a most interesting article because until now I had not known who the man crawlilng on the curb had been...It was the Reuter's journalist Saeed...the commentary in the helicopter about the van was the most absurd and indecent that I have heard, and to think that they were given the go ahead to shoot the van is even more upsetting...

The article at CNN should be read and understood especially with regard to the military declaring that the journalists had been embedded with the enemy...has that been proved to be true? I frankly did not know that until I read the CNN statement...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I kind of feel like I have inspired this wave of war footage viewing. It was my hobby for awhile and I posted on this site about my findings. If you try and use the coordinates listed on the HUD of the attack vehicles you will get nowhere. The maps are all purposly mixed up. I watch the videos for the shock value. Never before has such technology been used for killing and the huge waste of my taxdollars is appauling to watch, also the blood, as it sprays white with nightvision. I am so ashamed of my country.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OverSword

You're exactly right. It's too easy for people here to sit safely in their comfy chairs and see part of a video with no context as to what happened prior to this, with lots of time to peruse the video trying to distinguish a gun from a camera. The pilots have to make split second decisions using the intel that they have while looking at a smaller screen than we are and trying to fly/navigate the area. War is hell. If you go into a war zone then you have willfully accepted this sort of risk.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OverSword
Some of you are blind. I'm against all of the wars we are in, having stated that I watched the video and two of those guys had cameras, one guy had a rocket launcher and all the rest had assault rifles. The shooters did not lie about what they were seeing nor were they mistaken. Every shot followed thier rules of engagement. It is unfortunate that there were 2 kids in the van and there is the possibility that the people from the van were just trying to help some people who had just been shot but if you watch one of the people from the van was also picking up the weapons to put them in the van. I would suggest next time people watch the video before they read other peoples opinions about said videos.

War is a terrible thing and people are killed. For this reason I would not join the military unless the fight was in my own country. I don't know how you guys expect the participants in a war to behave and talk as they are killing and being killed but given the context of being in a combat zone these soldiers did nothing wrong, they did not shoot a bunch of guys with cameras, they shot a couple of guys with cameras who were with a bunch of guys with weapons, there were US troops in the area and as far as the helicopter pilots were concerned they were possibly saving the lives of thier fellow service men.

I agree. Looks like a group of men, two had some sort of bags, how you can say they were cameras I don't know. Several others had assault rifles for sure, and one has an RPG which is pointed around the corner at the helicopter.
So lets see, say this group of men, is out to possibly commit an act of terror by shooting down a US helicopter, and maybe finish off any survivors and of course film the whole thing so it can be routed through the terror networks and end up on the main stream news.
What would you call these people then? You would of course call them terrorists.
Looks like the US military got them first to me, and you are disgusted? Its a war zone for heaven sake. What do you expect. Do you think the chopper crew should have just let them shoot them down?

Such hypocrites..........

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWretched

So what you are basically saying is...

They had bags. In those bags they 'may' have had guns. So you'd take no chances and pound them into the concrete with heavy weapons fire?

And if they were innocent....

Hell it's their own fault for walking down their own street with bags. Pfft did they not realise a pair of monstrous retards were bravely hovering above them in a helicopter?

I really don't know what makes me angrier...

The cold bloodedness of the whole situation and the seemingly common American attitude of 'Americans lives are worth more than anybody elses - especially Iraqi's'

Or the fact that the soldiers seemed to be begging to shoot the men and the van as if it was a game.

Or the soulless voice on the radio not asking them to confirm anything...

Or the people who defend these rats, especially those who have served themselves and robotically describe how these poor men were acting 'suspicious' and 'may have had guns' and how the soldiers are hero's and defending their cause.

Shame on you all.

The next time a US helicopter gets shot down, i won't be shedding any tears that's for sure.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ok today is really pissing me off. Why you ask? because I am currently living in Turkey and watched the video yesterday before anyone here saw it. Then today it was in the Turkish papers and news and now people here are saying that we killed those people on purpose because they don't know the real deal. Of course yes it was horribly wrong what happened to those people however things like this have been going on for a long time and everyone is still going on with their lives so the real issue here is one that most people in other countries and probably in America. It is the fact that the US gov't lied about the whole ordeal (ok yes I know for some of us this happens all the time and we go on with our lives) however i think that if the story continues to be that the military killed innocent people "oh how sad" "how could they" etc... then the US gov't gets off very easy and this is a victory for them (as much as a victory as it can be because this is still damaging) but if the real issue of they lied to us takes center stage then I think this is a win for us "conspiracy theorists" because now there are serious questions the gov't has to answer and with this one lie coming out in the open it could be a snow ball effect and who knows maybe can lead to people actually listening to us about 911 or even the whole "birther" thing (lol ok wishful thinking maybe) but yes i think the issues needs to be that america lied to its people and the world not that innocent civilians died that day because saying innocent civilians die hasn't gotten us anywhere. Thanks for listening and can someone please tell me if this story has played on any major news media outlets, since I am in Turkey i dont know what lies you guys and gals are being showed back in the states. thanks

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I found the video extremely disturbing, but not at all surprising. I and many other people already knew that our military was doing this for the past decade. You know what else is really disturbing? I turned on the evening news yesterday, and every channel was showing Tiger Woods. EVERY CHANNEL was pushing that crap. Not one was talking about the video released by wikileaks yesterday, while by contrast on the internet, you'd be hard pressed to find some e - friends that don't know about the video. This is why I gave up TV

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RadarMan

I agree and today it's absoloutely full of the UK elections now because Gordon Brown conveniently called them today so there is no chance of Wikileaks getting much if any coverage at all.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
they are finally getting it, we are on to them and we wont stand for this.
killing of innocent civilians, yes it is war but as that last video showed a little girl getting shot in the stomach is wrong.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Some more info on the subject
defensetech.org...-6432

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join