It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No joke: Karzai threatens to join the Taliban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

No joke: Karzai threatens to join the Taliban

rawstory.com

Afghan President Hamid Karzai has slammed Western backers for the second time in a week, accusing the United States of interference, The Wall Street Journal reported Sunday.

In a private meeting with up to 70 Afghan lawmakers Saturday, Karzai also warned that the Taliban insurgency could become a legitimate resistance movement if foreign meddling in Afghan affairs continues, the Journal said, citing participants in the talks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well, it still remains to be seen what the U.S. Troop surge on the ground is accomplishing in Afghanistan, but neither a surprise visit to that nation to meet with President Karzai or a talk with him, by Hillary Clinton seems to quelling discontent with the U.S. and its policies inside of Afghanistan within the Karzai government.

At the center of the dispute are Karzai’s allegations that recent elections in Afghanistan were rigged by foreign influences, and that the United States must stop meddling in the Afghani Government’s affairs.

Legislators within the government as well as Karzai are claiming that the U.S. seeks only a puppet regime to rubber stamp its own edicts within the country, which is making the Taliban more popular than ever as a result.

Karzai is openly lamenting that the Taliban stands on the verge of becoming a legitimate resistance movement, and one that he himself might join if the political situation between his government and the U.S. continues to deteriorate.

One Afghan lawmaker with allegedly close ties to the Taliban is even claiming that the only reason the Taliban is fighting the Government and the occupation is because they do not believe that the Karzai Government gets the last word in anything but that the U.S. Government does.

Long known as the graveyard of Empires, I have a funny feeling things are not going nearly quite as well in Afghanistan as the U.S. Government and press reports.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
LMAO! I would LMAO! If Karazai turned on the US government and joined the Taliban. It would hopefully finally make them realize that the world does not want us meddling anymore and their plans for global dominance would be shot.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
LMAO! I would LMAO! If Karazai turned on the US government and joined the Taliban. It would hopefully finally make them realize that the world does not want us meddling anymore and their plans for global dominance would be shot.

From Afghanistan, to Iraq, and Iran, to Vietnam, being a Puppet Ruler for the U.S. Corporate Government is no easy task!

I am sure no one in the CIA told Karzai there would be days like these!

Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think Karzai only SAYS that to convince the locals he is on their side.

It is obvious.

He is a puppet of the US, and they wanted him to say this.

It makes him sound like hes on THEIR SIDE.

When in reality, he's playing them like pawns.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

That's very possible, at the center of it all, seems to be his desire to have the election oversight board taken away from the control of the U.N. and placed under the control of the Afghani Government.

Whether that is to give the government more legitimacy or even make it easier to rig the elections its hard to say.

Crazy world we got going on over there, come to think of it, here too!

Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Legislators within the government as well as Karzai are claiming that the U.S. seeks only a puppet regime to rubber stamp its own edicts within the country, which is making the Taliban more popular than ever as a result.

damn, he finally gets it !!!

and oh BTW
the dissent sounds a hell of a lot like Washington
and the American people doesn't it ????

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If Karzai is serious, then his reputation or even his life is at risk. Going against the U.S. shadow government isn't exactly a good idea. Leaders in Latin America have been disposed of for such deviance.

I think muzzleflash is right, Karzai is probably just bluffing.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Striker122]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Striker122
If Karzai is serious, then his reputation or even his life is at risk. Going against the U.S. shadow government isn't exactly a good idea. Leaders in Latin America have been disposed of for such deviance.

I think muzzleflash is right, Karzai is probably just bluffing.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Striker122]

In a country where even CIA Agents aren't safe in their own compound, and basically no one is safe, well, no one is safe!

With all the friendly fire incidents, civilian casualities, and accusations of rigged elections, rampant corruption, and his brother having a hand in the heroin trade in a big way, Karzai is one of those people who has to dance as fast as he can.

In fact, he should try out for Dancing With the Stars, I am sure he would be a natural.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Some interesting comments also here.........

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Thanks for sharing the link.

I will be sure to check it out.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Would Karzai stand a chance if he joined the Taliban? First of all, it's no secret that he was only allowed to be president if he cooperated with the Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline. And considering that it's a major source for US heroin, and its strategic placement on the eastern flank of Iran, it's prime territory. He knows that the US wants control of it. And the US typically gets what it wants (one way or another).

There's something like 80,000 troops in Afghanistan from the US alone. There's tens of thousands of other NATO troops, the Afghan army is growing, there's god-knows how many private contractors.

And the Taliban is how big? I've seen differing figures, but it can't be more than 40 or 50,000. It would be suicide for him to piss off the Americans at this stage.

He's bluffing.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Actually based on past military endeavors in Afghanistan by other Empires, there is virtually NO chance, that we will prevail in Afghanistan, let me repeat virtually NO CHANCE that we will prevail in Afghanistan.

You can not defeat a nation unless you can win the hearts and minds of the people who live there and destroy their will to fight.

THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN in Afghanistan because it has never happened in Afghanistan.

I can only assume the Powers That Be have us in Afghanistan to through the vestiges of the American Empire on the sacrificial alter while they raid our treasury and prepare to rob of us of our sovereignty and march us rapidly towards a one world government once we are completely bankrupt.

Thinking we have a chance to win in Afghanistan is purely dellusional based on false machismo and pride, and 10 years into the war, yeah its real dellusional.

Thanks for posting!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I truly believe this has to do with the drug trade and Karzai's hand in it. If you remember not too long ago ABC did a two or three day segment on the rise of heroin in the suburbs.

Heroin Use In Suburbs On The Rise

abcnews.go.com...

Not long after that, Obama made his surprise visit to Afghanistan. Then, Geraldo did a special on Fox News where he was in Afghanistan and talking about curbing the drug production with a few military people as poppy fields were being cut down. We'll see how this all goes.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Heroin is a huge part of the Afghani equation, and Karzai's brother is reputed to be involved in the trade up to his eye balls.

It would stand to reason that proceeds of that are going to Karzai himself, since he can of course virtually gaurantee his brother's protection in the illicit trade.

Karzai is in a difficult position, in that while he enjoys the support of the cadre of corrupt elites also enriching themselves off of the spoils of war and big dollar international contracts, and those technocrats and suburbanites who can enjoy a wider array of priveleges and comforts within the heavily fortified Kabul zone, vistually everyone else beyond and across Afghanistan does not see him or the government as legitimate.

The Puppet President under the Soviets suffered a pretty horrible fate when they pulled out, and Karzai himself sure is walking a tightrope.

10 years into the war, and the vast majority of the Country Side still not secure, he is in an increasingly akward position.

Had they not rigged the election again, he likely would have not won, and that could have had huge implications on his brother's heroin business, and they both would have likely had to flee the country for their own protection in that event.

The world will likely not be a big enough place for Karzai to hide in, if we end up having to leave Afghanistan in defeat.

The Taliban like all guerilla forces understands one thing, you don't have to win a military victory, you just have to stay alive, and keep your opponent from winning the victory in the process.

Sooner or later as costs mount, opinions sour, agressor nations loose their stomach for occupation back home.

The Afghanis are masters at holding out and fighting that kind of war, it's a rugged country full of isolated places to hide, go to ground, and then pop out from time and time for hit and run attacks.

We won't ever win the war for that simple reason, and it really is all about how long they can sell it to the American people to run a lucrative occupation fueled by heroin profits, and oil profits from the pipeline.

The government propaganda has gotten a lot better since Vietnam but sooner or later the American people will reach a saturation point with the occupation, and that will be that.

Then Karzai and his associates are up a real creek.

I wouldn't want to be him!

Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

hmm, nah i think the west would laugh at him, being we propped him up.
He'll end up as mulch from some suicide bomber, no doubt.

But im sure everyones laughing in the back rooms... Karzai is as much an american stooge as anyone else.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

It is not just the Taliban who are resistance but many other groups and normal people who just join Taliban to get arms to fight the occupation and the puppet regime. That being said it is a legitimate resistance..

It has always been, people will just realize once the truth is exposed.. But then again I thought ATS was truth based, I thought ATS knew that the Afghan occupation was planned, I thought ATS knew that non of the 9/11 attackers were Afghans, but then again I thought ATS was more wiser than this piece of crap ..

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This is the problem with that entire region. EVERYONE in either the Afghani or Pakistani government is on the take.

Absolutely nobody can be trusted or is to be trusted. Ultimately, their loyalties lie with their "homeboys," so to speak.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Well, it’s funny and sad, but for some people, they get so wrapped up in notions of national pride, religion, and culture, that it isn’t hard for the government to tap into those base emotions with their propaganda.

Of course you have quite a few people running around ATS who are security contractors and loosely affiliated with the military industrial complex and to them the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq mean one thing and that’s Kaching! The sound of money, and of course these people are going to basically cry till the cows come home that it’s absolutely vital we be involved in these wars.

So what you end up with are some people who are somewhat conspiracy minded, but still prone to emotional manipulation, and prone to peer pressure as well.

There is something about a lot of conspiracy buffs that they want to believe in the conspiracies, but at the same time they really don’t want to believe. Truly believing is just a bit too disturbing for them, so if someone gives them a way to dismiss it all, and believe in the propaganda, and the lies, then they will flop right back into that mindless stupor the government prefers us all to be in.

What’s incredible is the ones who realize we were duped into Iraq, and duped into Afghanistan, who nonetheless then fall for the emotional manipulation of the Iran propaganda.

I haven’t given up on my fellow Americans though, with a lot of patience and some consistent effort, they might yet see the light and the folly of Washington’s ways before they all end up in FEMA Camps!

I mean I wouldn’t want to put money on it, but I still like to hope.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Ongoing discussion...

Here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join