It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Love War

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Now THAT is an Answer!!!!!!!! Thank you

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hyperion.martin
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Why is "rejecting" War better than peace?

To be honest I'm not much of a duality premised individual so I have a hard time with questions that involve good/bad, better/worse ...

But conflict is surely one of the strongest sources of human suffering ... having been there yourself you obviously know that first hand.

In truth and the end nothing really has to be embraced or rejected (again duality), but I for one prefer having this conversation with you whist we're armed with a keyboard as opposed to a gun.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The Op is looking for an Argument or a Debate? I don't know which.

Anyhow, from what I read and your statements I think you're more in Love with Violence or Conflict than with a War.

Nothing Good ever came about because of War. Death and Destruction is all that happens in War.

So, you're telling us If a War was coming your way, You would not run?

Conflicts and Wars are two, totally seperate things and I cannot see how you can put the two together in the same inference.

Sorry, Mate. I think you're a little Screwed Up if you love War.. Maybe it's the Conflict you're more in love with. I don't know.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I think what your stating is you love conflict for how it drives you, me, and everyone in general towards gain and solutions. War is a pretty narrow view of people making other peoples limbs exploding...not much to love there overall.

Conflict however produces both the best and worst aspects of life..and if indeed this world was conflict free, then we may fall into stagnation as a species...we need things to keep challenging us, be it limited resources to fuel innovation (after we realize war isn't the only answer), to even mental conflict to uncover your points of view and understand others..

War is a outcome of conflict that is one of several choices...but physical war is typically the unthinking fail end of conflict...if a species that prides itself on outthinking the rest of the animal kingdom to get top of the food chain resorts to physical violence, then its a backstep in evolution.

So, nice concept, and would be on board if it read conflict verses war.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hyperion.martin

I hope you will be able to participate in my thread The Game: 3 Nukes & World.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

"War is a outcome of conflict that is one of several choices...but physical war is typically the unthinking fail end of conflict...if a species that prides itself on outthinking the rest of the animal kingdom to get top of the food chain resorts to physical violence, then its a backstep in evolution. "

Have to respectfully disagree,
Species that are unable to defend thier capacity for thought will be overcome by others that have no problem using violence to achieve thier goals. Hence thier inability to evolve.

To be part of a food chain would require any animal to use violence to
sustain itself. Haven't seen to many lions evolve into light beings have you?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
If it wasn't for war most of you would be speaking in English accents or even German. War will always be no matter how much we try to prevent it. There will always be countries that disagree with each other, it is sad but true. War is what founded nations, wars keep the population somewhat in check, wars provide people with stablility and security (well after the war is over)

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Actually war is great, most of the technology we have today were innovations made during wars. Not just weapon, but techniques i.e. metallurgy. Without conflict we would stagnate. War is part of human nature, live with it! World peace is just a fantasy.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
There is a primal urge, we as a species kill each other expeditiously, call it war if you will. But we don't have to choose to do so today because we have superior thought processes and more highly evolved expectations of social order and can many times resolve conflicts less permanently. Or maybe not. But it is genetic and thus a part of us we cannot change (near future maybe). Community and society dictate those urges be controlled, thus the concept of peace. It's what drives us to war that I see as a threat. But it's been noted our species "has a small talent for war" in the Twilight Zone.

gj

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Peace is unattainable, for most humans. I'm really trying to think of any civilazation that has been peaceable. Oppps. Can't recall any one. It's spelled out in Genesis. One of two brothers from the original creation of God had a war. Cain slew Abel. Over bullcrap and an imaginary god.

Not that I believe the tale of Adam and Eve, and Cain and Abel. But the story was a remark of human nature.

There is NO PEACE! Unless you find peace within yourself. Even so, there are people that will try very hard to destroy that peace. That is human.

I don't like it. I fight against it in my personal life. But there's always someone who wants to disrupt another one's peace. It's sad crap, but there seems to be no end to people who just want to create chaos.

It's a human attribute. I hope that when people obtain a spirtual understanding and connection, they turn away from this immediate human crap.

It can happen. Just put away the ego.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I love it!!
People like you are one of the reasons I'm happy to be alive!
You, good sir, have certainly earned my respect.
Good show.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I agree!
People need to stop making a big deal out of war. As far as I know there has and will always be war. Of course it's sad when a family member dies, but otherwise it's great honor to die for "your side".
War IS a constant, you may not like it.
Remember, if you hate war you are at war with war, so you always LOVE IT.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

there is nothing original in what you said, everyone said this and noone say that peace is right
constitutions of all countries are the base principles of war times the base justfication to over armed states

you mean to confuse yourself with your condition so you get any sense of living pretense from conditions life sources, this is your choice man and of course luckily not everyone

standing for oneself is the true livings present today as tomorrow means true life

gods dont make war and dare mean making existence truth by slaves conditions with animals souls means

in truth there is no such thing called animal thing human or a god

in truth for this, there is only the fact of standing for oneself because it is you

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Monkeys have been known to wage wars. They even beat up one monkey from another group, but let him live as a message.
They have war over territory and food, armed with sticks.

I don't think the OP is right, but it seems war is instinct.
You think we could find another outlet for those instincts.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

War, is there anything more satisfying? Is there anything more fulfilling? Is there anything more pure?

War only satisfies less than 1% of those involved in the war
Those on the front lines, as of recently mostly, are just suckers.

it’s like a best friend….it will never leave your side.

More like a bad rash

Name an empire built by peace

Name an empire built by war that existed for a long time
War created these empires, war destroyed these empires

War is a constant! Peace, love, sadness…just optional.

That makes zero sense
War is supported by people thinking they are fighting for peace
War is supported by people that think they love their country and families
War creates so much sadness.

but you ARE a beast, a warrior…… a human.

I would rather chose not to live like a caveman
I never though I would read someone glorifying cavemanism

It is we that conquered the icy winds of ice ages, fires of drought and oceans of time to rise as the dominant species.

We've dominated ourselves even more
there's no pride in that

Allow me to edit to ad

I am a disabled Iraqi war vet, I DO know about War.

Do you love war?
No offense, but are you saying you love being disabled?

You know what they say... there's one born every second!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
go play your call of duty and call it war ... thankx and good game

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Constant fully brutal war and chaos, I'm pretty damned sure, could drive anyone insane. and fill their whole body and mind with tension and pain.

There has to be another side by which you can call one thing war by contrast to another thing. That thing being "peace" or "love." If everything were really war, then the word "war" would mean the same thing as "reality."

Whether you say war exists only for peace or peace exists only for war, is like chicken and egg, left or right, neither came first and neither is necessarily more important in any given situation.

War and violence are necessary only to bring about change and get something done, a vision of what reality should be like, according to the being that is bringing about the change.

We are still sorting out who's visions are most worth fighting for, or whether to bring about our change we have to be violent at all.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by bsbray11]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I love obstacles and challenges, yet I know they are the root my suffering - ambition, drive.

I'm not currently at the place of mind where I'd want to live a life without challenges to grow from. Peace is good and i'm always seeking more of it, but I like challenges too.

I guess it's a matter of self-awareness when you realize more and more the impact of your ambitious pursuits and how they affect others, including the environment. Our survival instinct itself can be inherently a lack of restraint and need to dominate something below us in order to sustain us out of fear or a need to further pursue those ambitions.

I accept the responsibilities of my actions as well as my ignorance, but I will not be the hand of some political power to do what they refuse to. I will not cause instability simply by "doing my job". I send "the good vibes" to plants for %#$ sakes.. I will not destroy or murder where I have the ability to try and live harmoniously. I would hunt for food and respect my prey in the deepest sense. All because of my instinct to survive, i would hunt, and kill, dominate something below me. It is more an addictive mindset rather then a true desire. Like having another cigarette..taking another hit.. when you want to quit etc...

The problem with peace is ignorance.. not everyone is on the same page to "get" that uhhh...PEACE... and co-operation are by nature ...PRODUCTIVE!! and SUSTAINING!!... An iron fist can TAKE, and CONTROL.. but its the pawns in the game that sustain it.

Ignorance is the real enemy in life, the only one I want to fight.

If I see a single tear of pain shed from my actions then I can't see myself justifying them. To live.. to SURVIVE..seems selfish in a sense..but its our ignorance that sustains the experience... otherwise we'd all be like a buddha or something and just meditate and unconcern ourselves with anything other then perfect harmony.

The very idea of a struggle seems to dis-harmonize any kind of conceptual structure. It's lure becomes weaker with each moment of expanded awareness and what springs forth is a deeper compassion and stronger desire for peace above all things.

That's my opinion. Coming from this awareness/wisdom and now peace obsessed position.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
So - just checking if i got this straight - war is/was very important part of what we are and thus there is no reason to reject it.
Well, there were hardly few hours on this planet without war somewhere. So we do not reject it. However i do not agree that wars are always needed or especially that war should be somehow enjoyed. The fact that this is accepted social behavior for tens of thousands of years still does not say that it will be accepted social behavior in the future. Long ago we considered our-self to be an accepted source of calories for example.But thanks God we have capacity to change and we can challenge our-self in lots of different ways, not necessarily by going and killing other people whom we even do not know.
War is a major tragedy for all people involved - i assume that this is the same even for vets who say they love it.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
For those who desire evolution. Be greatful of the force that pushes against you.

Embrace challenge as an opportunity to grow rather then a state of victimhood.

And as you do this, don't be sad you're stuck in this perpetual cycle of struggle leading to compensating for that struggle.

I think we all just want freedom right? I look at the experience gained as just a matter of fact, yet i'm always unsatisfied that I need to change more to get what I truly desire. And I am annoyed that I am partially aware my desires keep me from reaching that mindset I want, which in itself is a desire..

it always seems like the right thing to do is fight upstream and we constantly work against our efforts for a goal that only on the surface seems certain yet deeper it is deeply rooted and incredibly simple and it reminds of this with the perfect harmony and peace being the model of what we want.. a house that is well built will last, a body that is maintained will cause less struggle, a mind that is more disciplined and focused will be more relaxed. And when you reach that state, it seems everything else is superficial. It just appears that way coming out of a deep meditation, that the very fact that the meditation ended means i'm not ready to let go, because "meditation land"..everything feels right, everything makes sense, I can't explain it but that deepest conceptual itch is scratched.. and rightly so for in essence I take away all complications and get down to the simplicity of what makes me tick and why I get out of bed in the morning... not so much about what makes me happy but what feels like the most natural course of direction.

War is like the scrambled thoughts in my mind that I simply wish to dismiss and achieve single-pointedness.

But again, I hold no grudges where there is conflict... its a perpetual evolution machine and I've still chosen to participate. My ignorance protects me from the truth of my effects. And this speaks volumes on the nature of human ignorance, which is observable everywhere.. certain things must be aligned...LEARNED (through the STRUGGLE..but realizing to LET GO of the struggle)... to be open and humble and unshaken...to not be dead inside but to choose how to react actively instead of passively... when these structures are in place, then we are more open to the truth, and more humble to be aware of our own impacts and harm.

I'm a peaceful guy only because I became aware of perspectives that I can't go back on. The whole "once you know better" mentality. I became a peaceful dude because I look back and see what I left behind undesireable. It's as simple as that.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join