It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake or some strange ground movement in Las Vegas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Such great deductions!! I don't think of it as a coincidence but if it is then the politico are probably overjoyed by it.

It is interesting indeed that such events occur around the same time huge political-social changes are going to happen in the country. Wouldn't be surprised if the MSM keep stories about California's seismic activity on for a week.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Oklahoma has been getting hit with a few quakes since the beginning of 2010. This is really odd being I have been here in Oklahoma since 1994 and I never knew what a quake felt like. Jan 2010, I sat through a 5 second 4.2 rolling of the earth.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

I am acting irritable too , but they may have to do with the fact I stopped smoking today,lol But hey! Ya never know

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jetman44

Is there even any fault lines in Oklahoma big enough for that?? Sounds sketchy to me...

www.worldatlas.com...

EDIT: added map

[edit on 4/4/2010 by TheBloodRed]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBloodRed

If only we knew where we could learn about these things...

lmgtfy.com...

[edit on 4-4-2010 by _Del_]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Maybe California is getting ready to slide into the ocean.

Good.
I miss living by the beach.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

It is called the Meers fault.
link: www.museumgreatplains.org...

Want to buy some oceanfront property in Oklahoma?

After Cali drops off water is going to rush inland.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Jetman44]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

That information was from my GF's ex-husband, so is inherently unreliable. Looking around to confirm.

The real conspiracy here is that your GF is talking to her ex husband! Might want to keep a close eye on that!!

-E-

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by orangeprojectiles

actually, there is a www.loot .com

Well you know what? That kind of figures. Anything to make a liar out of me.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
ok, now Im getting worried
has anybody heard from them
in the past 2 hrs???
Did the ocean swallow them up?
Did they lose electricity?
WTH???

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I used to live in Las Vegas for some 9 years, and this is unusual. Even as far east as Phoenix, someone said? If the aftershocks traveled that far, then that was a very shallow earthquake to go under the mountains of the bowl of Vegas. Very serious indeed.
Anyone in Vegas: keep me posted on the tremors there in my hometown.
Anyone in SoCal: I have a feeling that won't be the last, dig in.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I was in my car on a red light when this quake hit us here in Coronado, CA, it was kinda funny actually...i started noticing my car bouncing and was like WTF? my father looks back to see if my mother was doing something and she was just still, then i look at a light pole and it was kinda moving, that's when i said ok this is an earthquake and some guys on another car rolled down their windows and started yelling EARTHQUAKE!!! 2012 YEAH BRING IT!!!! LOL and it stoped and as soon as i turned the radio on they were talking about it. That was some pretty good shaking if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Seems like it was a 7.2 in Mexico and US. In 2008 Reno had over 1000 shallow quakes that had scientists mystified. Maybe the Pacific plate and the North American are somehow "jammed" at this time, and it is affecting the Sierra Nevada smaller fault.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I heard something strange being said by the responding fire service last night on the abc7news link.

He was saying how everyone should have a earthquake pack ready for these events. And then he went on to say that they are preparing for a LAFD rehearsal on the 19th April..

Are they expecting something we're not?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano
reply to post by TheLoony

I'm in the Phoenix area.

Although I did not feel the ground sway, I got EXTREMELY irritable for some unknown reason today, out of the blue, around lunchtime. Then, I felt an extremely very powerful urge to take a nap for some unknown reason. So, I came home and took a nap. After my nap, I woke up, wondered what the hell got into me that I was so irritable around my family today for Easter brunch, checked the internet, and saw that an earthquake happened!!

Now, I've heard that animals act strangely before earthquakes, but I've never heard of people acting strangely. Has this ever happened to anyone else but me before?

Of course, it could all be a big coincidence, but....that was very strange. Even for me.

My brother who lives in Chandler, said he felt dizzy and a little nausea,.
When the quake hit yesterday, I jumped on CNN and a few comments were being posted about the quake, and where it was felt, people stated they felt nausea and dizziness.(I just checked on CNN and those comments are gone..anywhooo) I live 10 miles from a major earthquake epicenter, (Coombia, South America)and feel the shaking all the time, hoever NEVER do I feel dizziness or nausea. Haven´t looked around, but is this normal? I guess if you were sittin own (which my brother was, he was on the comp) and the swaying was "gentle" and long enough you could get dizzy(kinda like being on a ship)
Any others who felt nauea?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
i live in britain so im probably blabbing here, but if all of you people (on page 1) felt it for the lengths of time mentioned in the posts then it must have been way bigger than 6.9. Or are all the places mentioned (pheonix,LA etc) closer than i previously thought?, not familiar with geography of america.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
remind me in brief what haarp is w8ithout me having to read throught paragraphs and paragraphs of writing, i have basic knowledge, government experiment, to do with frequency right? but thats all i know. also never of circular motion earthquake either, hope you guys r ok.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jetman44

It is called the Meers fault.
link: www.museumgreatplains.org...

Want to buy some oceanfront property in Oklahoma?

After Cali drops off water is going to rush inland.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Jetman44]

Haha! I live in Oklahoma as well, looking forward to the beach.

Lol in all seriousness, I have been keeping an eye on the quakes in Oklahoma as well. I too thought it was strange at first but after checking up on Oklahoma's history of earthquakes it would seem it's actually kind of normal. Largest quake recorded here was a 5.5 near El Reno in the 50's. I'm not worried. You and I have scarier things to worry about, like the oncoming tornado season.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
My wife and I felt the circular movement too here in North Las Vegas.

We've been in several earthquakes and never felt anything like that before.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
im going to go biblical here and say it has all been written for earthquakes and eruptions to happen more frequently

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join