It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad to announce a new nuclear achievement

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Great point .

If we were to continue down memory lane we would learn that Iran also had a democracy at one point until the west got involved . There reason , they were upset that the democratically elected government wanted Iranian oil for them selves . The western oil companies didn't like that much at all .

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

finally!

a MIND THAT'S AWARE!

Edit to add.

Soo.. in 1947 They knew all of this?

I'm no fan of Israeli expansion! but Israel Has a right to exist!!!!
For those history revisionist.

Masada Anybody? Even Rome recorded it!

[edit on 9-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by December_Rain
Ofcourse, I do believe Iran should have a nuclear weapon which will balance the M.E region. Either the region should be completely nuclear free which is not possible any longer thus the only alternative left is MAD. In comparison between both, I trust Iran more than Israel any given day.

Yes...

great point.

But Israel contrary to POP culture and ATS View has not moved outside of their strip. Iran has a long history. "Persian" I'm not saying they would BUT the Mullahs need to cool off their rhetoric!

So Israel invading Lebannon just to destroy their infrastructure and cause massive ecological disasters in the last five years does not count? And I guess their perpetual raping of the Palestinians is alright too because it's on their chosen land.

When did Iran last conduct a hostile invasion? I know that they fought against a hostile Iraq during the late '80s, but as far as I know they stayed within their borders during my entire lifetime. Persian? This is the year 2010; Persia did not have to deal with the threat of intercontinental stealth bombers and supercarrier groups.

EDIT:

I'm no fan of Israeli expansion! but Israel Has a right to exist!!!!

No it doesn't. If you think that then you better start giving your land to natives lest you be a hypocrite. There were 60+ million people living in North America before Europeans came and the native population, at its lowest point, was under a million. Americans worry about the land of Jews because 6 million Jews were killed off in Europe (which had nothing to do with Israel or Palestine land) yet they ignore the old blood soaking on their hands.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I think the reason Ahmadinejad is being so bold is because he knows if he holds out and keeps pushing forward, and another country strikes first he will be seen as just doing what he wanted for his country, and why not, yes I understand a nuclear Iran could be dangerous, but people say Pakistan is dangerous and it has nukes.

As long as a close eye is kept on them then they should be able to do what is best for there country.

I don't think any country with these weapons is dumb enough to use them, it would be the beginning of a slippery slope, at least leaders IMO would not openly support using this technique, weather is occurs due to terrorism or a flase flag, is open for debate.

I'm not saying a leader could never arrive at that decision, but it would not be one taken lightly, unless they are complete psychopaths.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NexusBecause the US/the West has never done anything of the kind to promote aggression or imperialist policies. You just don't see the States invading nations for oil or backing cruel regimes (remember Saddam in the Iran-Iraq war where we sold him biological weapons that he used against the defencless Kurds?). Seriously, there is no high horse and no one has moral authority anymore.
Sorry to go off topic but ignorant posts should be addressed.
I agree with your last point- that ignorant posts should be addressed. In this case, it would be yours. A lot of America-bashers such as yourself love to claim that we sold Saddam chemical and biological weapons as if our military handed over ready-made weapons of mass destruction to Iraq. That is almost as absurd as it is false.

First of all, the US government and its military never sold Saddam any chemical or biological weapons. Never happened. What we did do was allow certain American companies to deal with Iraq and sell them certain items which had legitimate civilian uses, and which Iraq in turn used in concert with items purchased from international companies (as Slayer pointed out earlier) to develop chemical and biological weapons stockpiles. Now, an argument can surely be made that our government knew what Iraq was doing and that we turned a blind eye to it because they were an ally who was locked in a bitter war with one of our biggest enemies at the time. But to blatantly lie and state that our government sold Saddam WMD's goes against everything this website stands and is intended for. Next time you want to attack America in defense of the world's largest state sponsor of terrorism, try to "deny ignorance" and stick to the facts.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join