It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Seen 2 More Meteors/Shooting Stars....Have Pictures !!!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Here is an amazing daytime photo of a very large meteor fireball:

In the OPs photos, you can see where one of the trails starts and stops in its path. Sort of a dash trail. Meteors burn up due to the friction of the atmosphere and any smoke trail they leave would not have such a pattern. It would stop if the meteor burned out, but it would not then start up again. Contrails on the other hand sometimes do this as atmospheric temperatures and humidity vary, often in a localized basis, which can change the way ice crystals form. Take into account that the OP stated that there was a noticeable presence of what appeared to be military aircraft in the area afterwards, perhaps it is possible that a jet had engine troubles and they did not wish to report it to the public. It is a plausible option given the limited data we have been presented with.

I also take into consideration the testimony of local witnesses which indicate a thick overcast condition:

Originally posted by weemadmental
just come back from fife Edinburgh has had large thick grey cloud cover since early this morning, did you really take this pictures today,

[edit on 4/4/10 by Terapin]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Okay the OP said in the 1st post:

"15 minutes ago ( 18:40 pm UK time) I seen another HUGE object streak through the sky, then seconds later a smaller one below it."

Where are you getting that he said yesterday? I take what he said meaning that he took the pictured about 15 minutes before he posted this topic. Then 3 hours later he took a picture of the image data and asked if this date/time was off on this new image as well. And it was about 3 hours different. Not one day.. 3 hours. The time between his 1st post (11:00AM on my PC) and the one he was asking for confirmation (02:03PM on my PC).

Furthermore I have seen meteorites at the day and they do sometimes leave a trail. I thinking its possible that not all of them do, due to the different minerals that could be in them, size of object, altitude etc.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Can I just say in Shauny`s defense, the sky around the pentland hills (the geberal area covering my location and Shany`s location) was indeed clear and blue at the time e says the trails were spotted.

The other testimony saying that cloud was covering edinburgh at the time isn`t an indication of BS on Shauny`s part, the weather conditions over the edinburgh and lothians area can vary greatly at any time during the day.

Also, Shauny, I`m behind you on the camera scenario, personally, I wouldn`t ensure my camera was telling the correct time as I don`t use cameras to tell the time. Chances are, he never thought twice about the camera`s clock.

I`m not sold on the notion of the pictures depicting anything other than aircraft contrails, but then again, I didn`t see the event, so I can only speculate, and/or take Shauny`s word for it.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretUsername

You are correct. I made a time zone error. His time indication was for an early evening viewing which I read during my early afternoon. My error totally. In looking at the Camera Meta Data, the incorrect time and date conflict threw me off into thinking he was talking about last night as it is only now beginning to be evening here where I am at the moment. I stand corrected.

He started off talking about how he had been looking for the past few days in hopes of seeing such an event, which is a bit unusual. How often does anyone see daytime twin meteors, never mind expect to see them.

I still stand by my view that it was a contrail as others have also stated. The reported weather condition conflict, the dashed trail in the photo, the difference in appearance between a smoke trail and a condensation trail. As I stated earlier, I could be wrong, but given the limited amount of data we are presented with, a contrail seems more logical.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
FOR THE LOVE OF JEBUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look.

I saw a huge "thing" fly in this direction.
Shortly followed by a smaller one that lasted a blinking of an eye....

[edit on 4/4/2010 by shauny]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
FOR THE LOVE OF JEBUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look.

I saw a huge "thing" fly in this direction.
Shortly followed by a smaller one that lasted a blinking of an eye....

Fair play mate, I do believe you.

Hahaha, you`d be forgiven for thinking you and I were batting these things back and forward. Last nights one went over me to you, and today`s went over you toward me.
We should get titanium tennis raquets. hahaha

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
And you saw one twice the size of a bus a short time ago in the same location according to your other thread, but it seems no one else saw such an event as it was not reported. I would think that such an object passing above an regional airport would get lots of attention and observational reporting.

I guess Edinburgh is unusually active at the moment.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by psilo simon

what i have seen over the last few days is in the BILLIONS to 1.

I am well aware.
no need to make things up.
posted here for years, usualy ok things.

posted a billion pictures of ghosts etc etc.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Really no need for me to make things up
what would it do ? what would i achieve ?

..Yeah, pity u never seen this 1....

[edit on 4/4/2010 by shauny]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
And you saw one twice the size of a bus a short time ago in the same location according to your other thread, but it seems no one else saw such an event as it was not reported. I would think that such an object passing above an regional airport would get lots of attention and observational reporting.

I guess Edinburgh is unusually active at the moment.

I saw it dude. Or at least a breakaway piece of the one Shauny did.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

I kinda figured that was what was happening. No problem.. just thought I would point it out. I don't have any reason to doubt his claim, April is a good month for sightings of this sort, especially in early April.

It looks like a condensation trail, but its a possibility of what he says also. I do believe him.. I don't see any reason to lie about this at all. If he claimed they were UFO's or something I'd be really skeptical. But without being there there is no way for us to be 100% sure.

Keep your eyes up Shauny, its a good month for sky gazing.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Here is a link to the UK Society for Popular Astronomy where you can report meteor sightings. This is useful information for other observers and can help to figure out speed, location, angle of descent, and size.
Making and reporting Fireball observations

Best times in April for observation is between April 16-25 peaking on the 22nd. The Lyrid meteor showers happen then so keep your camera handy.

[edit on 4/4/10 by Terapin]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Hello shauny.

As one of the resident chemtrail freaks, my first thought was chentrail, especially the first picture.

Anyway, I read your first thread, too. I find your story interesting and can literally feel your excitement. I felt the same way after my triangle craft sighting.

Reading through the naysayers (which I am pleased to see most people came back and did calm down and back off the overly aggressive hoax, and angry posts, very nice everyone) I felt bad for shauny, because I am thinking hey he saw something wanted to share, had a camera, posted proof, and instantly got squashed! Its the ats way yall.

But I kept going back to my original thought of chemtrail (or lingering persistant contrail if you prefer.).

Then it hit me.

What if what you saw was not a meteor, but a really big and new black ops type jet or something, who knows? Why does it have to be a meteor?

You said those chinooks have been buzzing about.

Well? Does my offer of a theory make any sense? Does it fly?

Can you get some pix of the military activity in your area? That would be nice to pad out this thread, anyway, Thank You for sharing your story, and a double thanks for getting a picture for us.

Good thread.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Here is a list taken from this link I cut out just the ones occurring in April. Happy hunting

ANNUAL METEOR SHOWERS

8. Apr. 4 Kappa Serpentids: Radiant--near Corona Borealis . 4 or 5 per hour from Apr. 1 to 7.

9. Apr. 7 Delta Draconids: Radiant--near Cepheus border. From Mar. 28 to Apr. 7. Slow meteors at about 5 per hour.

10. Apr. 10 Virginids: Radiant-- near Gamma in bowl of Virgo. 20 per hour.

11. Apr. 15 April Fireballs: Radiant-- between The Water Jar and Scutum, very erratic. From April 15 to 30 many bright bolides from Southeastern sky.

12. Apr. 17 Sigma Leonids: Radiant-- at Leo Virgo border, actually has moved into Virgo in recent years. Weak shower of 1 to 2 per hour.

13. Apr. 22 Lyrids: Radiant-- near Vega. 15 per hour, bright and long lasting meteors. From Comet Thatcher.

14. April 25 Mu Virginids: Radiant--near Libra. 7 to 10 per hour of medium speed meteors.

15. Apr. 28 Alpha Bootids: Radiant-- near Arcturus. From Apr. 14 to May 13. Slow meteors with fine trails.

16. May 1 Phi Bootids: Radiant--near Hercules. From Apr. 16 to May 12. 6 per hour.

17. May 3 Alpha Scorpiids: Radiant-- Near Antares. From Apr. 16 to May 9.

18. May 4 Eta Aquarids: Radiant-- near Water Jar. From Apr. 21 to May 12. 21 per hour, yellow with bright trails. Comet Halley debris.

Edit: I fail at linking.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by SecretUsername]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

You saw something that left clear and obvious contrails come from the direction of an airport....based on the photos and your map.

More than likely it was a plane and it left contrails.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

There are several meteor showers happening in the Northern hemisphere at this time.

A collection of smallish showers collectively called the Virginids occur March to April, especially in early April.

Maybe it was part of this known group of showers?

Seems to be unusually heavy and energetic though.

Here's a link for more detail.

www.theastronomer.org...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I can understand how it would be thought of as a contrail, since it definitely looks like one...of course, it may actually BE a contrail, just not from an aircraft.

Meteor and meteorites are often rocky objects, with a percentage of ice present which usually burns off with atmospheric contact friction..maybe the contrail, is the remnants of this ice, as literally condensation/vapour.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Now we're buying the OP version?

I was ready to give it some credit, but this "psilo simon" is, in terms of writing and grammar ( and scheduled times of posting , always supportive of thE OP when challenged ) an exact replica of our Shauny mate.

I sincerely apologize in advance if you were to be proven right, mate, but ONE guy seeing something in a large city and next to an airport (which means densely populated areas usually ) is definitely not sounding right.

Stay glued to the window, if you want, take a picture of a kite and claim it's a triangle shaped ufo, who knows psilo simon could agree...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Sorry too take this a step off topic,

The thing is, if nobody checked too make sure exif data matched the witnesses account, then anyone could post anything and it would just be that, I understand some people don't bother setting times and dates on their cameras, and thats why its wrong too accuse someone of been dishonest until you know the whole story. The thread turned back oncourse the moment the date/times were matched.

I think its up too everyone too draw their own conclusions from exif data, and too not jump the gun when something odd is concluded from it, because at the end of the day, anyone who knows a bit about exif can manipulate a cgi photo too make it seem like its a raw camera picture by adding all that data with certain tools, it really sucks how far people can go.

But in genuine cases, exif shows half the picture, so it is a must when validating .

[edit on 4-4-2010 by fill0000]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

I suggest you review the data again, friend; in the original post which has a timestamp on my ATS of 2 pm it is exactly 3 hours later that he took the pic of the post you made of the exif data, and posted it minutes later; now please to show where in the OP that he took the first pics posted yesterday, considering he states he just had taken them????

seeker

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMulder

Now we're buying the OP version?

I was ready to give it some credit, but this "psilo simon" is, in terms of writing and grammar ( and scheduled times of posting , always supportive of thE OP when challenged ) an exact replica of our

Now its being suggested that I am posting as 2 people ?

sigh.

Anyone who can, can confirm different IP address's ?

I am done.
I seen what I saw.
I am lucky to have seen it.
I am delighted to have seen it.
I am a little worried though.
saying that, nobody else (bar 1, maybe another few) seen it.

I spend a lot of time looking up.
Today, I seen something go REALLY fast, it wasnt a plane, and it was flying, and I MEAN FLYING....it was kind unexplainable.

I wont post again.

If i can, I will take pictures of the helicopters I have been seeing.
last few days there have been a lot, so if I can, I will.

Peace Out.

and yes, I will keep looking up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join