It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Seen 2 More Meteors/Shooting Stars....Have Pictures !!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by psilo simon

LOL, OK your testimony has helped but the contrails in the pics discredit the story. I felt so disappointed by this after defending what he had originally posted.

Maybe they really are contrails from meteors but I doubt it, I believed him before but now I have doubts because of poor evidence. He was better off leaving it as it was.

Please Shauny, give us some feedback!?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I see you replied Shauny, sorry. I am not a skeptic usually but I had doubts about your photo's which in turn made me doubt your original story.

Guess I will believe you because I don't like to doubt people. But in the back of my mind I still have doubts due to those dodgy pics.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin

Originally posted by psilo simon

Can you tell me how to look at this Meta Data please Terapin, is it anything to do with right click/inspect element? Or is it on the page somewhere?

Click on the first photo in the Original Post. You will be redirected to Image Shack and the photo will load. On the Right hand side of the Image Shack page there are a number of link and embed options as well as on the lower right where it states "Image Details" you will find the following if you open it:

Filename: dscf0001ys.jpg
Size: 4452Kb
Resolution: 3648 x 2736
Camera used: FUJIFILM FinePix S1000fd
Orientation: Normal
Focal length: 12.6mm (126/10) (35mm equivalent: 254mm)
Aperture: f/12.6
Date/Time: 2010-03-25 19:29:07

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
shauny, your camera date and time must be almost 2 weeks behind, and the time is still gmt+1.

we can assume you took them pictures earlier, seeing as your camera's time is set wrong?? although its good practice too correct this as it screams dishonesty when exif data doesnt add up too dates and times specified on the sightings.

mite be a good idea too keep the camera handy for anymore

010f Make FUJIFILM
0110 Model FinePix S1000fd
0112 Orientation 1
011a XResolution 72.0
011b YResolution 72.0
0128 ResolutionUnit 72
0131 Software Digital Camera FinePix S1000fd Ver1.03
0132 DateTime 2010:03:25 22:41:51
0213 YCbCrPositioning 2
8298 Copyright
8769 ExifOffset 300
829a ExposureTime 10/800
829d FNumber 280/100
8822 ExposureProgram 2
8827 ISOSpeedRatings 400
9000 ExifVersion 0x30 0x32 0x32 0x30
9003 DateTimeOriginal 2010:03:25 22:41:51
9004 DateTimeDigitized 2010:03:25 22:41:51
9101 ComponentsConfiguration 0x1 0x2 0x3 0x0
9102 CompressedBitsPerPixel 4.0
9201 ShutterSpeedValue 631/100
9202 ApertureValue 297/100
9203 BrightnessValue 500/100
9204 ExposureBiasValue 0/100
9205 MaxApertureValue 297/100
9207 MeteringMode 5
9208 LightSource 0
9209 Flash 16
920a FocalLength 5.9
927c MakerNote
a000 FlashPixVersion 0x30 0x31 0x30 0x30
a001 ColorSpace 1
a002 ExifImageWidth 3648
a003 ExifImageLength 2736
a005 InteroperabilityOffset 1732
0001 InteroperabilityIndex R98
0002 InteroperabilityVersion 0x30 0x31 0x30 0x30
a20e FocalPlaneXResolution 6129.0
a20f FocalPlaneYResolution 6129.0
a210 FocalPlaneResolutionUnit 3
a217 SensingMethod 2
a300 FileSource 0x3
a301 SceneType 0x1
a401 1
a402 0
a403 0
a406 0
a40a 0
a40c 0
c4a5
0103 Compression 6
0112 Orientation 1
011a XResolution 72.0
011b YResolution 72.0
0128 ResolutionUnit 72
0201 JPEGInterchangeFormat 1880
0202 JPEGInterchangeFormatLength 6841
0213 YCbCrPositioning 2

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

The photos in that thread also have a 10 day difference, so that explains it.

If only it could be that easy to explain the trails and the objects, things would be much different.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

While I too think they look like contrails, the dates on the photos of them, and of the post from this thread match up. So I believe your camera is set wrong. No harm there. I'd also suggest fixing that for these sorts of things.

And please do not stop posting about it. We need all the info we can get.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
There is no "trick" to reading the Meta Data from a Photo. All modern Digital cameras include it as a matter of course and there are a few ways to read it that are quite easy. Once busted, some people do indeed "fix" the data by purposefully manipulating the internal date on their camera. Since your initial photo had a date that did not correspond to your claims, any hope of veracity is lost no mater what further photos you take. The new photo you took of the ATS screen are according to the Meta data only a few hours later than your "meteor trails" which you state that you took yesterday.

Filename: dscf0001cp.jpg
Size: 3077Kb
Resolution: 3648 x 2736
Camera used: FUJIFILM FinePix S1000fd
Orientation: Normal
Focal length: 5.9mm (59/10) (35mm equivalent: 119mm)
Aperture: f/5.9

Date/Time: 2010-03-25 22:41:51 *** Date of ATS page Photo which is obviously incorrect.*** But how is it only about 3 hours later than the photo taken yesterday????

Exposure time: 0.013 s (10/800) (1/80)
Lens F-Number: f/2.8
ISO: 400
Exposure bias: 0.00 (0/100)
Metering mode: matrix
Exposure: program (auto)
Jpeg Quality: 6
Somewhere along the line the data has been manipulated as even if your camera had the wrong Time/Date settings it would not show the new photos to be only a few hours newer than the photos you claim to have taken one day previously. It would show them a day apart even if the initial Date setting was wrong.

If you wish to be taken seriously in the future, make sure that your camera has the correct date setting at all times. Posting conflicting information will always end up being viewed in a negative manner.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I actually stumbled across your previous post Shauny, and read through it with a good bit of interest.

I see this post, and the pictures which look strikingly like contrails.

I can however honestly say i don't feel mislead, betrayed, dishonoured, disappointed or stabbed in the back

So they look like contrails, big woop. if the guy says they're meteor trails, why not? stranger things have happened at sea than a meteorite having a contrail like this. it's in the atmosphere remember, its' tail isn't going to look like haley's comet lol.

maybe it is a plane trail? but to be he's not trying to prove a world-changing point, there isn't much reason to lie about it I don't think.

Relax people, there are far more important things to feel betrayed about than a comet/contrail

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
ive seen 2 metorite/shooting stars in this month but where alot diffrent to the ones that occur on meteor showers they lasted longer and where kinda blue and very bright and big enough said make your own judgements

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If you had pics of the actual meteors the story might be different. All I see AGAIN is contrails.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, what kind of trail (if any) does a meteor leave in daylight?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Meteors happen all the time. Generally they are more easy to see during the night, but daytime sightings are not all that uncommon. I have seen literally thousands of them at night and dozens during the day during my life. During the Leonids I have seen hundreds per hour. I have seen them calve or break apart during decent which can be spectacular. I have never seen anything left by them that even remotely looks like the trails in the OP's photos. It could happen, but I'd like to see better data on this one.

Daytime meteor trails tend to look quite different from airplane contrails. This is because they are formed from different materials. Contrails are formed of Ice particles, meteor trails are formed of very hot solid particles. Meteor trails look like Smoke, not clouds and because they are much hotter than the surrounding atmosphere they tend to dissipate or drift quickly. Here is one photo of a daytime meteor trail: Meteor Trail Photo taken in Canada

[edit on 4/4/10 by Terapin]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

I disagree.

The meteor trails I have seen during the day looked EXACTLY like airplane contrails. Except the part where they went straight down into the ground.

But yes, it was just a White Smoke Trail. That is all it was. White puffy smoke just like from airplanes.

The smoke persisted for awhile before it dissipated.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
My issue was not with what is in the pics, I myself wouldn't know a meteor trail from a contrail if it ran up my leg and tickled my...anyway...my post in retrospect sounded harsher than I meant it to...it is the date/time on the pics that bothered me.

If indeed the camera was set to the wrong date, I am happy to man-up an concede the issue...even if you attempted to correct it after the fact doesn't infer intent to deceive. Its just that I (and others, as you can see)have little patience for hoaxters that come here to sell their snake oil. We are the type of crowd who would check and re-check for validity to keep the scum away...

For what its worth, I believe you and the other poster saw something over there, re: the first thread, hence my angry tone earlier. If these images are what you say they are, ok. I too am the type that would post pics before realizing my camera date was wrong..you'll have no more issue from me.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Just to be a pain in the anus, but if it was taken on March 35th at 19:29, the Sky would NOT have been that blue, no matter what the weather.

On the 25th of March (which is before BST kicks in) it would have been dark at that time, especially in Scotland, so the "meta data" itself is called into question....

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by Terapin

The smoke persisted for awhile before it dissipated.

Thus why I asked if anyone could see this ?
the trail was visable for about an hour ? 45 mins ?

Reason I asked in the post, if anyone from Edinburgh could see this.
It was there a LONG time.

Whatever it was, the 1st one rocketed across the sky (couldnt hear anything), but this thing SHOT over my right shoulder and dipped behind the hills heading towards the pentlands.

I am near the top of one of the biggest hills in Edinburgh, so my view on things is different.

I can understand the comments, and if I was reading this I would be saying the same.

But as stated comet trails look like plane trails, and hang about, as did this.

take it.
leave it.

I dont seek attention.
I have a baby for that.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I believe you! I have no reason to disbelieve or think you have otherwise "swindled" us. In fact, I doubt the people banging on about "metadata" more than I do your story.

It's the same old story everytime anyone posts a pic. You'll have an army of alledged photo "experts" picking it apart screaming fake, even if it's a photo of your Gran!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I have NEVER done the date or time on my camera.
When I take pics of say, My daughter, I name and date them on the pc.

I think its fair to say, when I took ALL pictures, the date would be wrong.

Check ANY thread of mine where I have posted a picture, and I think, presume even, the date will be wrong.

I am not a photographer. I am a chap with a camera, and I only use it to take pictures at weddings and stuff.

Hope that clears that up.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hi Shauny. I saw the lit up streaks tonight, (just exactly as your photo). This would have been more like 9 pm. Since it was darker sky by then, I first thought it was some sort of beam of light, also there was a patch of white cloud which looked more illuminated than it should.

Wish I had seen the things shooting through the sky too.

BTW, I am in Glasgow.

Keep up the good work. And keep us posted on what you see.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Sure, people sometimes forget to set the correct time/date on their cameras. Lets say that perhaps he has the time and date set incorrectly. How does that explain the ATS page photo he posted. The original "Meteor trail" photo was supposedly taken yesterday, and the ATS screen shot was clearly taken today, yet the time stamp is only three hours different.

It is entirely possible that he did indeed see an unusual object pass rapidly by and leave a trail. Investigating the data poses some very odd information.

The Fireball sighting webpage for the Royal observatory Edinburgh does not indicate that anyone else saw any meteorites that day. If it was a noticeable event that left two distinct trails during the day time, surely he could not have been the only person who noticed it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join