It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Claims South Fires Toward Its Border

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMulder

My post will go unnoticed, or receive a 2-line sarcastic answer, so I don't care. Keep believing that NK is a bunch of bad guys.

Starvation
Concentration Camps
Government sponsored torture, rape and executions

Yep, they're nice folks over there.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
WW3, anyone?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This is sensationalism at best. It reads as warmongering propaganda.

In June of 1994 we were much closer to renewed war in the Korean Peninsula. My boss, he was a Ranger then and he was sent over there as a neutral peacekeeping force. The North would shoot into the sky around American squads and would sometimes literally get up in their faces, point their guns in their face and laugh. Of course you could not take an offensive posture until the enemy fires so they had to grin and bear it.

Well, the North and South traded artillery fire as well. No volleys aimed at each other, they were targeting flat open ground, just taunting each other. This was all occurring in the DMZ.

I don't doubt at all they are trading gun fire right now. Its just like two gorillas puffing up their chests and circling one another, or two elk butting heads over a mate. I highly doubt much at all will come from this incident, or the whole sunken ship fiasco.

North Korea must understand it auxiliary status on the world stage, and in military might. If war ever returns to those countries, it would soon escalate/devolve into a proxy war between China and the US. If the United States were to send troops to Taiwan during this time, I would suspect full blown war to follow.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

WW3, anyone?

let's not forget Putin just visited Venezuela.
Something is about to break wide open

loll the SS300 missile system was on sale i read in an other ats thread???

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

totaly agree with you .... such an waste if it runs out of hands...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TokiTheDestroyer
reply to post by hippomchippo

I don't. But I'm not gonna take any crap from a country that can't stand up for itself

Why is your signature 'destroy ignorance' then?

France has won more wars than the U.S., but you won't like to hear that.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hi JanusFIN,

The Dear Leader, Kim Jung Il is probably sabre rattling.

The question becomes: "what would Barry Hussein Soetoro do, if anything, if the nK army lights it up over there?"

And the answer might come from obama's handling of the USS Alabama hijacking by Somali pirates when obama ignored the incident for a few days or so to make his "indecision."

Fortunately the ROK Army won't hesitate to respond to an attack from nK.

But the US response?

obama's closest advisors - the insidious commie, Cass Sunstein, van Jones, Rahm Emmanuel would probably be sympathetic to [fellow Communist] The Dear Leader, Kim Jung Il.

Well, this is just speculation, I'll defer to the scholars of this Above Top Secret website to shed some light on what our dear leader's response, if anything, will be. One small point, if I may... nk has been developing nuclear tipped ICBMs... Trade sanctions, anyone? Bow down to The Dear Leader?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm sorry for having distorted a little the purpose of this thread. our friend Toki must have had a hard day's work...and he gets attention since he posts 2-liners...

This is partly my fault, I apologize for flaming the US like that. I truly admire America but it's not the main subject. got it toki ?

NK and SK have been doing those crazy things for years, but the "vessel" event is taking it to a new level, as around 60 sailors died. my take on this is that South Korea may have a terrible 'accident' on its hands, but never confirmed the involvement of the North. It's been publicly told that SK rejected the ideaof accusing the North.

More, we all know that the US have their eyes everywhere (satellites) and that SK has very effective radars. No one would have spotted a missile and used it as a pretense for taking out the leadership of NK ?
No, NK is a puppet state for China. For as long as Beijing has control of it, NK will never do something stupid and get wiped out in the process.

cheers

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
MattMulder - you said it, buddy.

Every "War" the Americans have been in during the last 70 years was started by a False Flag event.

Of course, Viet Nam and Korea weren't wars (they were President declared "Police Actions" - only Congress can authorize a war).

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MattMulder

Yeah, a lot of us noticed the BS our leaders were doing, can't do to much when everyone else believes it and if you wanna talk so highly about your country how come you guys cry every time you fall down and we're there to pick you up, why don't you worry about your own country if all you have are insults to our own or anyone elses, we're all humans, we all have the same brains and bodies and blood and etc. All your frenchies are is all talk and no action, look at your European union, why didn't your great country stop that from ever happening? Yup, thats what I thought, another prick just rambling his mouth and stiring S#$% up for no reason when the main topic was about North and South Korea.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Yeah France has won more wars then America I agree but statistically Americas win/lose ratio is greater then yours and second, your counting wars since the 700's or even further back and america has only been a nation for over a 200 years, you guys have over a thousand years on us so I don't understand what your point is!

And ignorance you cant destroy everybody in one way or another is ignorant so it's really a stupid insult to use towards people and if we weren't all ignorant then we would have infinite knowledge!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I thought a private message would have you shut up, but you don't, kansas friend.
This is a debate over Korea,not over my country. Please open a " I don't like French people blablabla" thread and/or attack me privately without having others ATSers losing their time.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
What's up with the israeli news always covering the possibility of WW3 like its a good thing?

Too many religions expecting the messaiah to save them. Fatalistic expectations don't have to come true.

We can change the future. Don't let the military IndM Complex brainwash you.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MattMulder

I agree completiment with you. The question is, as an American, what do I do to stop it?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xBWOMPx

While I too was rather irritated by the remarks made about myself and countrymen, turning around and insulting another for the same thing in retribution is sort of calling the kettle black if you will. I would also have you note that the offending party offered an apology, and tried to steer the discussion back on track.

And now, back on track. The North Koreans seem to quite enjoy these little word games. Whether it be threatening to quash any interfering nation with an 'invincible army' or claiming the South fired on them, it always comes to nothing. Maybe someday they will actually do something, but I think mentioning WW3 is a bit of a stretch.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Almost comical, a country in the "Axis of Evil" club is accusing another of acts
of Evil.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
South Korea Denies North Korea’s Claim of Opening Fire

April 5 (Bloomberg) -- South Korea denied North Korea’s claim yesterday that the South Korean army crossed the border and opened fire on a civil police post. “There was no such incident” an official at South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff said by phone today in Seoul. He declined to be named because of JCS’s policy. North Korea’s official Korean Central News Agency yesterday said that the South Korean army threatened the safety of civil policemen of North side on routine duty.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MattMulderMore, we all know that the US have their eyes everywhere (satellites) and that SK has very effective radars. No one would have spotted a missile and used it as a pretense for taking out the leadership of NK ?
Where are you getting your information from?? NO ONE has alleged that the North Koreans fired a missile at the South Korean Navy vessel. Even the SK government themselves believe it was an internal accident at this point.

Now, there are conspiracy-minded individuals who believe that North Korea attacked the ship with a torpedo- not a missile. Another theory is that the ship struck a North Korean mine. Even if we had a satellite(s) in the area at the time, does not mean that we would have been able to detect a torpedo launched from an NK sub or a small mine floating in the water.

I'm not saying that either of these things happened. I'm just responding to your "missile" comment. I'm also going to refrain from attacking you for your arrogant and divisive comments about America and its citizens as you have since apologized.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Korea's a puzzle that I certainly don't have an answer to and I would be very reluctant to believe anyone claiming that they do.
Whatever the means to resolution of this particular puzzle, I would insist that it doesn't endanger the lives of any Koreans.
Unfortunately my personal insistence means zero in such matters. So instead I ask that people don't forget that Seoul, along with other South Korean cities, can be completely levelled in the course of a few hours and in any major conflict breaking out North Koreans will be slaughtered indiscriminately whether they're armed or not and no matter their age.
I hope everyone will join me in hoping that such nightmares never come to fruition.
Perhaps if enough people hold such sentiments, the corporate media will reflect that in a bid to increase their ratings. If that happened, it could make such concerns popular and may influence the worlds governments in their dealings with Korea.
IDK about that... I'm just throwing ideas around. The thing I was getting at was some people (on ATS among other places) seem to talk about Korea in a way that makes me think that they are not thinking about the people that live there. Some times people say things that can only be described as shocking. I don't know for sure, but I would guess that they wouldn't say some of the things I've seen if they had people they were close to living in Seoul.
Also, as has been mentioned, what would China do if anything went terribly wrong in Korea? That's a big and very worrisome question mark. I actually suspect that China might side against North Korea, but most would disagree with me and looking at the cards on the table, I don't blame them... if I'm wrong, and there's a good chance I am, things could go from tragic to... nope, can't find the appropriate word to fit here... but you know what I mean right..?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

reply to post by TheCoffinman

And how this would help China, now when Iran is in table - I mean their oil.

War in Korea - that really can delay now US movements in coast of Iran?

NK cant wage war without China... And I think China cant loose Iran.

WW3, anyone?

This would totally help China...
China wants the US to get the hell out of korea and TAIWAN.
And they are working to increase their military capacity to this end.
Not global projection of power, but massive capacity to exert their power locally.

I see it happening, and I see it real soon.
Make no mistake, China is not a friend of the US. They hate us for the same reasons everyone else hates us. Because we meddle in everyone's affairs, and threaten them with our presence and our euphemisms.

Only China has the power to put a stop to it in their own backyard contrary to popular belief. And as proven by the conflict in the middle east, fancy weaponry really isnt a requirement to accomplish this.

They are a nuclear power, and they do have quite an array of formidable weaponry. Lastly, they have the manpower.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join