It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans or Democrats: Who is Spineless?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I am the first one to argue that Democrats are a spineless bunch. When it looked like any type of health care reform was dead, I saw a bunch of quivering bags of jelly with the word Democrat on it. I was totally shocked when they did pass health care reform, although I wish they had a Medicare option for people.

The next big thing now is Financial Reform. Banks need to be broken apart as insurance, finance and investment companies should be separate entities. There also needs to be an Inspector General type position that answers to no one to protect the consumers. It is interesting that Republicans are opposed to any type of reform on Wall Street.

Are there any Republicans out there who would hold a press conference and say: "Enough is enough! We are going to going to support the middle class consumers and small businesses out there and support reforming the Wall Street giants!" The Republicans know which side of their bread is buttered on and would never cross Big Corporations. They could be called spineless for that main reason.

I should point out that I am glad to see the Liberal wing of the Democratic Party starting to flex and show they do have the remnants of a spine. But I wonder how the Republicans have gotten away so long without being called the same thing?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I would say that both parties are "spineless". However, the way I see it, they are two sides of the same blemished coin. It is long past time for a true third party to emerge. Perhaps Ron Paul could form his own party the way Ross Perot tried to back in the 1992 election? We need people to represent us, the people, not special interest groups. Why is it considered a "good thing" when your congress critter brings back more money to his/her district then was paid in to the system by said district? Is it really ok to rob other Americans? Are they less deserving of keeping their money for their own use?

new topics

join