It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tower of Babel - Alien Involvement

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

nah, yeshua taught that women and men were equal, in a time when no matter what part of the world you were in, women were little more than property and usually treated worse than dogs. modern times haven't done much to improve that. although the western world has improved some features, it has had the opposite effect of abusing the males in the population, which results in increased anger towards women in general. i don't agree with either thing. equal means just that, equal. it doesn't mean the pendulum should swing so far to the other side that it hurts everyone.

i think your one world concept is beyond bad. anything the power brokers decide is good "for the people, " will be enacted, and we have seen that historically, it has ended badly for both women and children. there's nothing you could say that would convince otherwise. as a result, the one world order can take a flying leap off a short pier.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Whats wrong with ONE WORLD DEMOCRACY WHERE EVERY HUMAN HAS AN EQUAL VOICE.You must see that our inequity is caused by our regional borders and econemys.

For gods sakes we could send a water pipeline from Canada to the Sahara if we wanted to.

The only thing stopping us is what you are so willing to defend,but there are four more BILLION people on earth now that werent here when your belief system was created and implemented,I am saying dinosaur ,ok.

What happens when we all get together for a chat like we can on the internet now??

Your perspective and belief system used to a part of the majority of humanities reality or perspective,but now the majority of humanity hasnt got a clue where you are coming from and every day millions more are born who also havent got a clue where you are coming from.

DO THE MATH THEN DIG YOURSELF A HOLE.

Or simply admit that EVERY ASPECT OF OUR LIVES IS NOW CONSIDERED ON A GLOBAL SCALE NOT A REGIONAL SCALE,the regional borders and governments are still there but they are now figureheads,for a ONE WORLD DEMOCRACY.

This isnt a conspiracy this is progress and the death of organised,powerful religon and violent regional governments,and powerful corporate entities,is a part of humanities natural evolution.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hi First post here. So be nice. please.

I went to christian school from grade school to high school. Born Again to be exact, been reading bible during those years because it's required.

For years, I'm been fascinated with some of the passage in the bible. The tower of babel for one. Why will God, destroy a tower? It won't even reach the heavens? We have lot's of sky scrapers this days. But God, did not destroy it.

My theory is, what if the tower of babel is a code or something, or metaphor?? Not sure if that's the right term. What if the tower of babel is a spaceship? space shuttle launch pad looks like a tower? What if our ancestors tried to build a spaceship, then the aliens blow it up...??

Another thing, God gave us different language, right?

Right now we know, different countries knows something that the other does not? each countries (or race of people) have secrets. But since some countries are at war... they don't share the secrets..

My question is... did God (or if not God, who is preventing us?) has something to do with the Wars ??? To prevent us from uniting? Then share knowledge?
Is someone trying to prevent us to go to space or explore space?
It is because they find that humans are not ready to explore space?

Is New World Order, is the new tower of babel? something out there don''t want us to unite?

Are we being played?
Now I scared myself.

Love Battlestar Galactica btw, it make sense to me....

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RichJupiter

it's a gate. the word means gate of god. bab = gate. el= god.
it's from the older word, babilu, which is bab=gate. ilu=gods.
whiich is from an even older word, ka.dingir.ra, which means basically,
the water (abyss, bottomless pit) gate of god.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

sorry but the end of that scenario is the annihilation of every woman and child, for the good of the people (population control--take out the cows so the bulls have to screw each other instead, which results in zero population growth). the guys at the tippety top will preserve a few women for themselves, like the ancient hindus, followed by the men blowing each other up as well.

no women equals no humans. and that's precisely where an one world government will go. they are already creating female sex robots, that will dote on you, ask you questions and make all the right sounds. i might be a christian, but i'm not an idiot.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The 'debate' regarding the usefulness of the internet as a knowledge-sharing tool, the ideal state and structure of society, the treatment of women etc - these things are only tenuously related to the OP now... There's plenty of threads relating to such as topics for separate discussion. Here's a good one about the 'net neutrality' issues for example:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Can I suggest we return to contemplation of the main points of the OP in this thread..? Moderators, what do you think..? Is there too much rant going on here, or is that just me misinterpreting the recent postings..?

Other thoughts so far -

Sources must be referenceable and accurate.

I'm curious to find out more about the actual physical description of the Tower, and will be looking for evidence to back up the claims of 'three days to walk round' etc. Some good discussion generally, but please keep it relevant and don't use the thread as a soapbox - it disrupts the flow of contemplation.

PS The tower wouldn't have been a ziggurat. If it was, it would have been described as a 'Mount' or a 'Temple' in all likelihood..?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NoahTheSumerian

tower who's top (summit), might still be a reference to a holy mountain, particularly since the holy mountain and its gate are intimately intertwined in the text. the story is kinda mixed together. the reference to scattering is like a foreshadowing of the events that followed. the author knows the end result is "scattering" of the people all over the earth, and foreshadows the event. the story is not being retold in real time, but after the fact, which makes it not as reliant on time frame. timed texts like genealogies or prophecies, are different, however.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by undo]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Maybe the Tower was some sort of advanced transmitter for a worldwide wireless communication system?

Then, When the Tower “fell”, Ancient humans had to use pictographs & as they relearned how to write, Writing was added to pictures to tell & record stories.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Exactly like we will be if we lose books and rely on the internet to much--then lose it all at once through technology loss.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Thank you for the link... I shall take a Look...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

Internet is kindof a reminder. Sins reaching heaven. We are idol-essence, and the ascets with no possibility to multiply up there hates it. Rememer atleast one sound thing the Pulus devil said: We will judge the gods, and they will have no means of judging us. There's kind of a firewall around our Earth, and when they surface here, they will blow up like fish caught is the "Mariuane group". His exact wiords. A few millenia we tried to reach them. Nowadays, they are trying to reach us. This can become quite nasty I tell you.... VERY nasty. Like the sky being wrapped up like a scroll being closed. Mark my wordzzzzzzzzzzz time to cub in.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join