It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found information of corruption. Whats your opinion on what to do?? Please read.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Ill outline this as best as I can in the hope that some members have experience of one or more of these situations. I am a bit unsure of what to do about this or if it is even my place to be involved, I have sort of stumbled upon this incident and it should make sense once it is read in full.

I recently had to buy a new set of wireless headphones after my old ones had fallen apart from overuse. Heres the headphones I purchased to give a good idea of any further info needed for anyone technically minded as to how this is possible, which is one of my first questions for anyone that might know...

www.sennheiser.co.uk...

While using them earlier today I had forgotten to re-plug the headphone jack (which comes from the headphone base unit) into the headphone socket (speakers connected to my pc) and the headphones were picking up interference.

At first I thought this might be a radio signal or something similar but when I used the fine tuner on the headphones themselves I began to hear a clear sound of people speaking.
I was about to plug the headphone jack in (to listen to my own music from pc) when I heard people speaking about flyers for fundraising and counting money in £1 coins, £5 notes etc.

I kept listening to this conversation and I started hearing names of people I know of in my local area being mentioned. I checked through my weeks post and found a flyer that I had received regarding a new weekly fundraiser event for locals and beyond to attend, the leaflet was posted through my door earlier this week and contained the names mentioned during the conversations I heard through the headphones.

I had listened for about half an hour while trying to figure out, how the heck I could hear them speaking as clear as being in the room when I heard one of them testing the mic (just about burst my eardrums lol) which made me come to the conclusion I was hearing the mic signal. How is one of my questions for anyone technically minded because I am a bit baffled as to how wireless headphones can pick up a microphone signal that is half a mile away?

Onto the more meaty and dodgy part of what I heard...

I established that I was listening to this meeting before the event was to take place as the flyer stated a starting time that was later but the names of the organisers were being brought into the conversation for example (not real names of course) "Hi John" and replies of "yes lynn" etc, this matched for example "John Smith local fundraiser" on the leaflet.

They began speaking about the amount of money they had recieved in fundraising, the total was quite high for a weekly fundraiser in my area, £400. They were saying that they were surprised etc but then I got the shock! One of them suggested that they fix the Bingo and raffle draws where most of the money prizes were to allow them to raise funds faster and pocket some cash for themselves. In short they spoke about the numbers and who would get what winning line and I listened to the whole event once it starter for around 3 hours through my headphones because I couldnt believe what I was hearing.

It was fixed in favour of the actual fundraising commitee itself and afterwards as they spoke and counted extra door collection fees (pay on entry fundraising gig) they collected a total of £550 of a £600 pot (the remainder was given to locals who purchased raffle tickets and some bingo). It should have been £100 they were collecting roughly as the fundraising flyer stated that they would only be collecting door fees to save a local building that is falling into dis-repair.

These fundraising events are happening weekly and are organised by a local community fundraising group, this means these guys are pocketing a lot of cash from the poor, over a long period of time and its all tax free in the name of charity.

Firstly I am wondering how the heck my headphones can pick up a mic signal? Could this be a police bug or something or is it normal?

Secondly what would you do about this if it was you or do you think its something to ignore? I am a bit conflicted because of how I heard of this etc as I am sure can be clear.

Ive tried to make this easy to digest in the way it is written and im not sure if it is in the right place either, topic wise. If either is off, feel free to ask away or move the topic.

I know this is not a heck of a lot of money etc but its a lot of money to people in my local area, its not exaclty high class if that makes sense but most have a good heart. Its such a shame really because this type of thing done right would actually benefit the locals and the area. It has me pretty annoyed to say the least.

Thanks for reading and thanks for a reply in advance, it is much appreciated.

Cheers!

[edit on 31-3-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Very interesting...thank you for sharing your experience. I few follow up questions -

What would your goal be?

Would you just want to prevent these conspirators from doing something shady, OR

Would you want to expose and pursue legal action against these people?

My thought is that you should decide which one (or both) of these things you would like to achieve.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
Very interesting...thank you for sharing your experience. I few follow up questions -

What would your goal be?

Would you just want to prevent these conspirators from doing something shady, OR

Would you want to expose and pursue legal action against these people?

My thought is that you should decide which one (or both) of these things you would like to achieve.

On one hand I feel that I should be uncovering this for the scam it is, its unfair on people to be spending their cash on a scam like this.

On the other hand, I dont think I should have heard what I did. I dont know if that can even be used as something tangible, I cannot record it unless theres a way I dont know of yet and if done wrongly it might put off others from taking part in local community projects that are righteous if that makes sense.

Its a sad pathetic shame as far as I see it because this is the type of thing that should be getting done in rought areas but not like this.

Legally, I never spent any money so I dont see how I could persue it that way.

I posted this because I am quite unsure of what to do and am wondering what others might say and why.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

First let me start by saying this...

What do you want to do?

Are you wanting a cut or are you wanting to stop the individuals from being ripped off?

Like a method actor what is your motivation? It will color your performance.

I will work with the guess that you want to stop them.

Did you record them?

First step is to make sure you did.

Next I have to give you a warning. There is the outside chance they are being monitored. It would explain partially how you can hear them.

Third either way if you turn them in make it anonymous. No fingerprints on anythin and send it from an area over at least a division.

Not sure how bobbies work or are divided. You could sen it to scottland yard as well. What ever you do send it to multiple prosecution sources.

REPEAT no connection to you. You really want to have fun. Send it to the american embassy...
by treaty the will turn it over to the authorities.
Leave the local precinct as the return address...

Just be sure to CYA!!!!!!!! If they cheat they might be gaming to expand or one of them work for someone bigger.

be careful no matter what you choose

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

I didnt record this but there wont be a problem with me doing this next week but it would not be clear. Theres no socket to plug a mic into my headphones or any way of amplifying the sound. I would have to hold a dictator to my headphones as its said if that makes sense.

Know of any other way to do this that is more convienient, I cant move the headphones, they have to be sitting in a particular way to pick up the signal.

As to what do I want to do? Im pretty sure I want it stopped, wouldnt you?

Its a poor area in most ways and this is sick, in my eyes anyways.

Are you saying that theres a possibility this is gang related? Never struck me to be honest but it might make sense.

Im not the best guy on the planet but I try my best to do the right thing to give you a colour of character and ive faced worse than this but im worried about the consequences rather than what to do if that makes sense.

Im getting used to finding myself in unusual circumstances to say the least but so far anyone ive spoken isnt sure what to do or how to do it etc family is saying, leave it alone as its dangerous. I am a little, stuck to be honest as I wasnt expecting this to happen.

Times like this I wish I could be a reporter or something, at least someone would have my back if it gets bad

Then again, I am a believer in Christ.

Cant help to bounce the ball back and forth with a few ATS members to get a different opinion.

Cheers for the reply.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
To be honest i'm not sure what I would do, the anonymous route if you could find out how to record the convo sounds like the safest bet but then you don't know if they will discuss it again to allow you to record.

A tip off that the local bingo is going to be fixed... i'm not sure how serious the police would take that, even though they should.

As for the headphone thing, my Mum had a set of wireless ones and my son was using them one night at her house. Every time he went to the kitchen with them on, he overheard a conversation between two people in a foreign language, possibly Japanese. This happened on a regular basis but only when he got to the kitchen door, not in the hallway or in the kitchen, only in the doorway between them.

We got a kick out of it but wished we could understand what they were saying, my Dad thought it was probably a radio station but it didn't sound like that to the rest of us but who knows.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Alright, rip had the right idea. It is possible that the mic is bugged and you are picking up a signal from the coppers or that the mic is a radio transmitter type.

Also, be very careful, it may be a criminal offense to listen in or record something that you are accidentally getting through a radio device. I know I have read something on that. Do not know where.

Next, all radio equipment is required to have a certain frequency range that it works on. I know they are required to not be able to pick up or transmit to many frequencies or too powerful of a signal. Or in your case, too powerful of a receiver. You may want to check out your components radio warnings and stats. I wish I still had this radio we had when I was a kid. It was a old stand up model with like 3 different bands. We could pick up transmissions from Cuba all the way up in the Northern part of the USA.

Research, research, research before you do anything. The privacy laws vary from country and from state to state. I know it sounds crazy but just listening in could be a charge.

I am not going to suggest anything but be careful what ever you do. I did use to pick up other telephone conversations from one hands free telephone I use to have.

Later.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cazzy2211
To be honest i'm not sure what I would do, the anonymous route if you could find out how to record the convo sounds like the safest bet but then you don't know if they will discuss it again to allow you to record.

A tip off that the local bingo is going to be fixed... i'm not sure how serious the police would take that, even though they should.

As for the headphone thing, my Mum had a set of wireless ones and my son was using them one night at her house. Every time he went to the kitchen with them on, he overheard a conversation between two people in a foreign language, possibly Japanese. This happened on a regular basis but only when he got to the kitchen door, not in the hallway or in the kitchen, only in the doorway between them.

We got a kick out of it but wished we could understand what they were saying, my Dad thought it was probably a radio station but it didn't sound like that to the rest of us but who knows.

Well its going on in your country (Scotland), dont know about your town etc though.

Im getting the "dont touch it with a barge pole" from family.

Ive picked up some interference before with wireless headphones but this is really clear, like its from the headphones signal if that makes sense. Bit weird, hence why I was asking if it might be a police bug. Id like to think so but then again police in the UK are too busy these days.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Times like this I wish I could be a reporter or something

That could be your answer, speak to a local newspaper journalist, invite them to come listen but on the understanding that you are not named.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

In the UK, you have to tell people you are recording a conversation before you do.

Its a bit of a catch 22 if I get authorities involved.

Id like to think they already are involved, that I can listen in to a mic through headphones.

But experience tells me they might not be, sadly.

Im not going to jump in head first either way. Its really sad though because the area has been needing some good hearted things like this without the corruption if you get me.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Easy answer is someones bugging there conversations with a wireless mike.Judging from the fact your picking it up its unlikely to be the police.Someone in that room most likely.Now the next question would be why?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Times like this I wish I could be a reporter or something

That could be your answer, speak to a local newspaper journalist, invite them to come listen but on the understanding that you are not named.

Ill check that out, theres a local newspaper that might cover it.

Im still a little unsure though if you get me.

From a reporters stance, its not much of a story if they report it but theres no proof but their own ears and no source but anon etc.

Would probably work on an international story from the BBC though

Ill prob check it out though.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by XXXN3O

Easy answer is someones bugging there conversations with a wireless mike.Judging from the fact your picking it up its unlikely to be the police.Someone in that room most likely.Now the next question would be why?

I never thought of that.

If that is the case maybe someones trying to sort the problem out or ?

Bear in mind though this was the first time this event happened, its not been an occuring thing but it will be every week on a wednesday from now on.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It'll probably come down to an increase of evidences such as these to draw attention to small corruptions, in an effort to build mistrust in local communities. While important, pretty much everything less than the PTB corruption interests me proportionately less. That's only a matter of priorities, not to say what you've uncovered isn't of some regional importance. The invasion of privacy still insults as ever.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Im still a little unsure though if you get me.

Yeah, I get you.

Be careful, if your family are suggesting that it could be dangerous then take heed.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
i think you should go to the local fundraiser and pull a sherlock holmes~esque whodunit solution. stand up and poit a finger. then tip back a scotch or gin (has to be scotch or gin) and then lay out the evidence. my hypothesis, it was mrs white in the observatory with the wrench.

seriously, im completely against snitching, but if you must, then go ahead. theyll eventually get theres, karmically speaking of course.

love and peace

new topics

top topics

join