It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts: 1 in 3 Breast Cancers Avoidable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

www.cbsnews.com

"Many breast cancers are fueled by estrogen, a hormone produced in fat
tissue. So experts suspect that the fatter a woman is, the more estrogen
she's likely to produce, which could in turn spark breast cancer."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nhlbisupport.com
www.everydayhealth.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
the anti cancer diet and probable cure for cancer and other illnesses: the EVIDENCE for you
The Cancer Research Project
Chips could double cancer risk for kids
Early Puberty Cases Rising

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Let's put 2 + 2 together and stay alive. Here's for women:

Check to see if you ...are overweight or obese at any BMI calculator. (see ref below) It would appear that as the population average weight continues to increase, the increased fat production of estrogens is leading to more cancers.

Arimidex is the most popular way to block estrogen production for women with estrogen stimulated breast cancer. Check to see how painful and depressing the use of Arimidex has been for some women (including yours truly) at the reference below.

Bottom line: get in shape as soon as possible, or your lifestyle can deteriorate into "life is not worth living anymore." according to women on Arimidex.

Learn from my mistake. I suggest you stay away from foods containing estrogen, and eat more foods that inhibit it.

References:
Body Mass Indicator www.nhlbisupport.com...
How women feel on Arimidex (not all) www.everydayhealth.com...

The news article on breast cancer www.cbsnews.com

Foods containing estrogen or inhibiting it: www.holisticonline.com...

[edit on 3/26/2010 by Jim Scott]

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I'm mainly replying to bump your post, I'm surprised it didn't get any replies. I just happened upon this thread because I wanted to get a better look at your avatar pic and see if that was some type of kitten resting on the boot or another animal. Either way he or she looks very tired and in need of a hug.

Anyway, I found your post very interesting and something I've never heard of. I wonder if a higher level circulating estrogens due to a disease would also put one at risk. I'll have to check that out. Good post!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

www.cbsnews.com

"Many breast cancers are fueled by estrogen, a hormone produced in fat
tissue. So experts suspect that the fatter a woman is, the more estrogen
she's likely to produce, which could in turn spark breast cancer."

Related News Links:
www.nhlbisupport.com
www.everydayhealth.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
the anti cancer diet and probable cure for cancer and other illnesses: the EVIDENCE for you
The Cancer Research Project
Chips could double cancer risk for kids
Early Puberty Cases Rising

Its more complicated then this.
I would argue 99% is avoidable, and 90% of cancers are reversible, it just that medical science is looking in the wrong place.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

I agree with what you are saying, I know there are many cures out there. The thing I found interesting about the estrogen was how it related to weight; more weight more estrogen. We know hormone pills put a person at greater risk for breast cancer. If a person was at risk for breast cancer due to obesity, I would think it would be easy motivation for them to lose weight.

This makes me scratch my head because I've known or had friends who have known many, many women who have had breast cancer and the one thing they had in common.......average weight to very slender. Not one overweight person.
edit on 1/21/2012 by Miss Sile because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miss Sile
reply to post by BBalazs

I agree with what you are saying, I know there are many cures out there. The thing I found interesting about the estrogen was how it related to weight; more weight more estrogen. We know hormone pills put a person at greater risk for breast cancer. If a person was at risk for breast cancer due to obesity, I would think it would be easy motivation for them to lose weight.

This makes me scratch my head because I've known or had friends who have known many, many women who have had breast cancer and the one thing they had in common.......average weight to very slender. Not one overweight person.
edit on 1/21/2012 by Miss Sile because: Spelling

You want me to help you figure that one out?
I am not asking is a condescending way.
I am asking because i can lead you in the right direction.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

Yes, please do. I have a few ideas, which would sound like a stretch, so I would rather hear you first.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

reply to post by BBalazs

Yes, please do. I have a few ideas, which would sound like a stretch, so I would rather hear you first.

I am also interested in hearing your ideas.
Lets start with this:
1. Higher estrogen levels are linked to a higher rate of cancer.
But is it the cause? Or is something else at play?
2. If estrogen levels corralate with cancer, but estrogen is needed, what is the cutting point?
What happens above said cutting point? Why? Back to 1) is somehing else at play?
3. Think. What else could be at play?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
If that's true...why is it I've only known skinny women that got breast cancer?
Just my personal experience...that's bunk.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

The thyroid, iodine and breast cancer...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

ha good point.
my viewpoint:
thyroid activity is not the cause but the symptom. ponder that.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I'm thinking the hormones in regular grocery store meat and milk. I recall reading that those hormones contribute to hyperthyroidism, ok....so that would account for the abundance of slender women getting breast cancer, BUT that seems like a weak link because many are vegetarian. I don't know, and my brain is shut down, (its almost 5am) tell us Bblaaz. Stop holding out! Lol
(I know I didn't spell your name right, but I'm writing from phone,can't go back)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I'm thinking the hormones in regular grocery store meat and milk. I recall reading that those hormones contribute to hyperthyroidism, ok....so that would account for the abundance of slender women getting breast cancer, BUT that seems like a weak link because many are vegetarian. I don't know, and my brain is shut down, (its almost 5am) tell us Bblaaz. Stop holding out! Lol
(I know I didn't spell your name right, but I'm writing from phone,can't go back)

You are going in the right direction. Why does cancer usually manifest at over 30?
But more over 40?
Is it to do with long term exposure to toxins delosited in body fat (this is regardless of skinnyness, eerone has bodyfat)?MOre body fat, more likely toxic contamination.
But eve. With less body fat, roxin accumaltion is acute.
Dont forget, cancer is an inumo response, self protect machanism gone haywire.
edit on 22-1-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBalazs

Originally posted by troubleshooter

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

ha good point.
my viewpoint:
thyroid activity is not the cause but the symptom. ponder that.

I think iodine deficiency is the cause.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Could very well be one cause, but what causes ionide deficiency?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBalazs
reply to post by troubleshooter

Could very well be one cause, but what causes ionide deficiency?

Not having enough iodine in your diet plus...

Iodine chelates heavy metals such as mercury, lead, cadmium and aluminum and halogens such as fluoride and bromide.

So the the more you have of these the more iodine you need to eliminate them and the less you have for other vital functions.

Glandular tissue needs four times the level of iodine to function...
...and is the most vulnerable to cancers...
...the breasts are glands.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
October 20, 2015

Why did the American Cancer Society suddenly change it's stance today and recommend that women wait until their older for Mammograms, and to get them less frequently?

Source: www.cnn.com...

Could it be that the A.C.S. being influenced by the medical industry, in order to drive up long-term profits, since early diagnosis isn't as profitable?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BBalazs

Define "toxin" and how they are objectively measured in the context you use the word.

top topics

join