It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cost of Movies goes higher with the release of "Dragon"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
3D movies are all the rage now, and many articles out there are stating multiplexes out there are going to raise tickets $3 to $5 for the release of the latest 3D movie, "How To Train Your Dragon":

content.usatoday.com...

I am wondering to all of the people in ATS/BTS land who have children, how can you afford the movies with kids prices at $14.40* a ticket? (Not to mention the exorbitant prices at the concession stand.)

This has been done in the past as a few cinema chains charged a then whopping $6 (Adult) for Star Trek when it came out in 1979.

What is too much money to pay for a movie for all of you movie fans?

*At $14.40, the 3D DVD will cost less at Walmart.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It is why we go to the movies twice a year.

Cost us 35 bucks to take our kid to see the Princess and the Frog.

50 with treats.

When people tell me about a movie now, instead of asking their review, I ask: is it worth the 10 bucks a ticket?

[edit on 26-3-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
It is why we go to the movies twice a year.

Cost us 35 bucks to take our kid to see the Princess and the Frog.

50 with treats.

When people tell me about a movie now, instead of asking their review, I ask: is it worth the 10 bucks a ticket?

[edit on 26-3-2010 by nixie_nox]

Me Too! Instead of going every other weekend, or every new release. Now we go about every other month! Sometimes we catch a weekday morning movie when prices are a little more reasonable.

It is cheaper for my wife and I to have a nice dinner and drinks at a club, than it is to go to the theatre and eat hotdogs and popcorn!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Too Much = More than I can buy the DVD for.

Some movies just have to be seen on the big screen.

For many though, I'll make do with a big TV and the DVD....

Personally, I avoid food at the Concession stand, just on principle. A 100% markup, I can understand...but above that, it's extortion... ($6 for a dollop of cheese over a few stale nacho chips?...really?)

The wife has a purse, and in it, we can put a couple of boxes of movie style candy. The only thing we get is a kid's pack for her popcorn (it's all she eats anyhow) and a large soda (as it can be refilled).

It's not being cheap...because after, we do go out for dinner, just that I'd rather spend the money and get real food vs. spending the same amount for junk at the concession stand.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Some movies just have to be seen on the big screen.

Agreed. I made it a point to see Avatar in the theater (in 3D) and i'll do the same with Iron Man2 but we rarely plan to go to the movies without having a specific movie already picked out.

I'm not really sure why 3D is making such a huge comeback but I would have honestly rather seen Avatar in 2D. I've also noticed higher end TV's are being built with 3D technology now. It just seems like a gimmick to me...

new topics

top topics

join