It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter to Monster Quest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

You summed up pretty well the problem I have with Monster Quest and many similar shows.

Let me put it this way, I hunt and I have hunted for about 30 years now. The way they often go about looking for bigfoot type critters - its no wonder they never see any.

Most of the time, your chances of seeing something starts going down the more people, noise, junk, you drag into the woods with you. Especially if you do it on the same trails most every day.

Put it this way - you and maybe one other person who knows what he or she is doing goes into the woods and puts out some camera traps,etc and looks around and then exits - then they go back a few weeks to a month or so later. They may actually get some pics.

Now - you take a swarm of people, going up and down the same trails, every day for a week and you'll be lucky if you see anything other than a squirrel.

If bigfoot type critters exist (and I have good reason to think they do) - they are smart, shy, and rare. The odds of seeing one start going down when you drag more people and more gear along the same trails every day.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Every time the show had people who were going to go look for the cryptids in the episode, I knew they would not find anything, other than a few deer or squirrels. The noise, smells and lights would keep most other critters away from them. Animals that feed off of us (deer, squirrels, raccoons etc) would be attracted to them.

Also, the program was running out of creatures to do shows on. We saw giant fish, rats, bees and spiders in recent episodes.

Maybe it was time for Monster Quest to give up the ghost.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
try destination truth, its like monster quest but it provides more viable evidence if there even is any. Also the worst evidence is an eye witness especially one on tv because some people will do anything to get on tv.

<< 1   >>

join