It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banned Books

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I was wondering if there are a list of banned books that the U.S. government has banned in the U.S.? If there is such a list, would someone please show us it?

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Try out this link it lists a few.

TRD

www.adlerbooks.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I just came across this site recently, and found the U.S. banned books listing.

Link - onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu...

Enjoy,
Deep

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
also try a do a search under loompanics.com I think I posted a link on that in other resorces of infomation a few months ago.

Falcon

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The sad thing is: America should not even so much as *have* such a list with even a *single* title on it.

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Those are not the real banned books, I tried to find the list but it was banned as well. So you need to find the list of banned lists first...

Originally posted by TheCatalyst
I was wondering if there are a list of banned books that the U.S. government has banned in the U.S.? If there is such a list, would someone please show us it?

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 03:18 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Celebrate Your Freedom to Read September 20�27, 2003

www.ala.org...

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It should be noted that these "banned" books are either banned or challenged by local municipalities or school systems, and are not the result of any federal government opinion.

As a matter of fact, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled in favor of overturning these types of challenges when it has reached their authority (with the exception of having the books like "Sex" from Madona available in school libraries).

top topics

join