It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Propaganda of Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:
arc

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
just another view...

question and answer session link

Question:

I very rarely hear Islam representatives speak against �terrorism�, in the name of God. Why?

This is clearly hurting the Muslim community as it helps the media/the public link terrorism to Islam. Don�t we need a more vocal Islamic community to condemn terrorism?

I read more and more articles about how Islam is an �evil� religion, and I believe that the Muslim community is favoring this through silence�

Answer:

I fully endorse your view that we need a more vocal Islamic community, to speak out against terrorism of all kinds.

In fact, after September 11 and since, Muslim leaders and scholars have been voicing their condemnation of terrorism loud and clear. But, unfortunately most of the world media were not interested in giving them the kind of publicity they needed.

This was because of two main reasons:
One, they are controlled by vested interests disposed against Islam and Muslims for religious reasons.

Two, the media have a tendency to highlight the sensational and the spectacular; so they gave undeserving publicity to the alleged statements of extremists, rather than those of the moderates.
The above factors were responsible for giving the world, especially the western world, the impression that Muslims are silent against terrorism.

It is a fact that the ordinary people of the world - in general - and the Muslims - in particular - are confused about terrorism. They understand that the September 11 attacks were terrorist attacks. They have heard that the stone throwing by the Palestinian teenagers or the �suicide� attacks they launch against the Israelis, as part of their Intifada, are terrorist attacks.

Then, they are told that the cold-blooded massacre of hundreds of Arab men, women and children in Deir Yassin, by Menachem Begin - who won the �Nobel Prize for Peace� - and the calculated genocide perpetrated in Sabra Shatila, under the direction of Ariel Sharon - �the man of peace� - are not terrorist acts� Naturally, they are perplexed!

It is unfortunately true that there are a number of people, who speak of Islam as �evil�. This attitude is due to two main reasons:
One, there is the widespread perception that the September 11 attacks were perpetrated by Muslims.

Two, there is a growing feeling - particularly among the Christian Right - that Islam, as the fastest growing religion in the US, is going to undermine the America they visualize.
Besides, there is an uneasy awareness in the West, since Samuel Huntingdon�s Clash of Civilizations, that Muslims are going to be the greatest threat to the western hegemony.

The orchestrated propaganda by the Israelis against the Arabs and Muslims also add fuel to this fire. In addition, God has deposited a lot of oil wealth in the region occupied by the Muslim countries, which also aggravate the situation�

I think the Christian Right want to expedite the second coming of the �Prince of Peace�, by letting the Israelis shed Palestinian blood and occupy the Arab lands - around the Sacred Land. It is a pity that this version of Christian love does not include sympathy for the suffering and the death of �Middle Eastern-looking� people, or for any of the starved and dispossessed millions in Asia and Africa.

Any one who speaks for them is branded �a terrorist� or a supporter of terrorism. Even the freedom to publicly voice protests against the negative policies of the government is drastically marginalized in �the land of the free�. Actually, a famous TV host was �crucified� for criticizing the government policy of �lobbing cruise missiles from 2000 miles away�. Please see:

The case of Bill Maher of ABC Television

So, the point I want to make is that the people who control the media are so bigoted and fanatical. This is despite the fact that some of them claim to be the ministers of the Nazarene, who exhorted his followers to �love thy neighbor as thyself�.

The prophet of Islam, Muhammad (pbuh) meant the same thing when he said:

�None of you becomes a believer until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself.�

The Qur�an, the Holy Book of Islam, also teaches in Surah 4, verse 134:

*[O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, or whether it be [against] rich or poor, for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts [of your hearts], lest you swerve. And if you distort justice, verily Allah is well- acquainted with all that you do.]*

So, our request to the critics is to learn what Islam really teaches and judge whether it is evil or whether it is the real guidance from the Good God.

May Allah help us all to see the light of truth!

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   
If you ask me the history of america is filled with terror

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
is this part of your propaganda?

www.upi.com...

Muslim cleric: 9 years for urging murder

LONDON, March 7 (UPI) -- A radical Muslim cleric who urged his followers to kill "non-believers," including Jews,
Hindus and Americans, was jailed Friday for nine years in Britain for soliciting murder and stirring racial hatred.

Abdullah el Faisal, a Jamaican native born 39 years ago as William Forest, was the first person in more than a century to be charged under Britain's Offenses Against the Person Act of soliciting without a specific victim -- a law dating back to 1861.

A jury at London's Old Bailey also found el Faisal guilty of preaching racial hatred against non-Muslims in videotapes and personal appearances around the country. In passing sentence Friday, Judge Peter Beaumont said the cleric had "fanned the flames of hostility."

The judge also ordered that the father of three be deported back to Jamaica when he has finished his prison term.

El Faisal claimed during his trial that his messages came from the Koran, Islam's holy book, and that his words had been misrepresented. He stretched his arms in frustration to a dozen supporters as the sentence was handed down.

During the trial, the jury heard a series of tapes made by the bearded cleric. On one, entitled "Jihad" (holy war), he was heard to say, "So you go down to India, and if you see a Hindu walking down the road, you are allowed to kill him and take his money. Is that clear?"

Jews, he said, "are rotten to the core" and "should be killed very soon, as by Hitler."

El Faisal insisted that "every Muslim hates the unbeliever" and that "we want to see their extermination. One of the truths about Islam is that Allah said 'Kill them.' You can use anything -- even chemical weapons."

On another tape, called "Rules of Jihad" and believed to have been made before the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks on New York's World Trade Center and the Pentagon in Washington with hijacked airliners, the cleric told his listeners, "You have to learn how to shoot."

"You have to learn how to fly planes, drive tanks, and you have to learn how to load your guns and to use missiles," he said, in a message that British authorities claimed was directed at impressionable young Muslims.

He added that "you are only allowed to use nuclear weapons in that country which is 100 percent unbelievers." He told younger followers that they should prepare to sacrifice their lives for "jihad" from the age of 15 and promised each of them 72 virgins in paradise if they died as religious martyrs.

British authorities said el Faisal had links with other extremists and was associated with James Ujaama, who is awaiting trial in the United States for allegedly trying to set up a training camp for terrorists.

But it was unclear whether the Jamaican cleric had any ties with Osama bin Laden, the accused mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks, or with bin Laden's al Qaida organization.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 12:34 AM
link   
arc //////////

quote/////Two, there is a growing feeling - particularly among the Christian Right - that Islam, as the fastest growing religion in the US, is going to undermine the America they visualize.
Besides, there is an uneasy awareness in the West, since Samuel Huntingdon�s Clash of Civilizations, that Muslims are going to be the greatest threat to the western hegemony.

think the Christian Right want to expedite the second coming of the �Prince of Peace�, by letting the Israelis shed Palestinian blood and occupy the Arab lands - around the Sacred Land. It is a pity that this version of Christian love does not include sympathy for the suffering and the death of �Middle Eastern-looking� people, or for any of the starved and dispossessed millions in Asia and Africa.

Christians ,second coming???

(orthodox;Russian julian calander)-Christians do not await the second coming of Jesus Christ.....
Second coming will be in the clouds and judgement will follow..........

The awaited ""Messiah""( well most of Christianity)beleive will come will be the antichrist............(Chialism 1000 yr reign of Christ ......look first and second ecumenical council symbol of faith and creed......there is no 1000 yr reign........

Christianity is ""Love"" and it is not Jesus Christ that allows people to do evil.........it is their own Free Will and worldly thinking that Power BELONGS TO THEM(all race ,all religious beleifs)

Not once did Jesus Christ say .....kill in the name of Love......or bring Peace with WAR.........

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 05:30 AM
link   
It disgusts me that people think that the Israelites want to occupy and destroy palestinians.

The Muslims in Jerusalem are the only intollerant group there, the Jews have their "divergents" who don't want peace and who don't want to share the holy land, and so do the Christians, but the Muslims.

The muslim peoples there want it all to end like everything else, but the Muslim organization, presses the point, to "islamify" Jerusalem.

Honestly, while 1/3rd of me doesn't think it is right to judge so, and 1/3rd doesn't care because I'm not affiliated with any organized religion per-say, 1/3rd of me more or less, strongly feels that the Dome of the Rock should be Bulldozed to the ground.

That land is where King Solomon's Temple was built, it was where the Knights Templar dug for 9 years, and whatever the hell they found there, changed the world, and rocked the foundations of Catholicism. It is by no means MUSLIM.

And yet there they are.

Yet everyone here thinks the Israelis are bullying the Muslims.

They have given the Muslims more priviledge then they diserve. And admidst all the car bombs and bus explosions, I'm amazed, and find it a testament to both the Jewish resolve to peace, and to the General Islamic Public's resolve to the same, that neither of them are destroying eachother as they should be.

The fact that the Dome of the Rock stands, upon the most sacred ground of the Jewish faith, among a great deal of influence to Christianity, and the least to Islam (They concokted the most cornball thing I ever heard, sorry one should be tollerant of religion, but I personally must say this. Gabriel did not force the rock back to the earth as Mohammad ascended, it was cut up and marred the way it is today, because of the Templar excavations.), either way....

....Let them have their Dome of the Rock, but let us recognize that as a fact that the Israelis are on the side of light, not the conquering bastards the leftist media makes them out to be.

Well I'm going to correct myself a tad. I think it is only folkstory that says "Gabriel had to put the stone back to earth", or whatever, more than what the reality is for Islam.

Which is that it was where Muhammad ascended to heaven or some such thing.

Eitherway, the Jews don't have to let that building stand there, they can simply bulldoze it any day they wish, and let that site remain holy in their way. But they choose not to.

The main aggressors there are Islamic fundamentalists, most don't even live within 500 miles of Israel. Palestinians are pawns, and less Israelis actively seek to return the aggression, than do Palestinians.

[Edited on 8-3-2003 by Hammerite]

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen think the Christian Right want to expedite the second coming of the �Prince of Peace�, by letting the Israelis shed Palestinian blood and occupy the Arab lands - around the Sacred Land. It is a pity that this version of Christian love does not include sympathy for the suffering and the death of �Middle Eastern-looking� people, or for any of the starved and dispossessed millions in Asia and Africa.

...And what better sacrifice can one offer to such a religion (that *openly* disdains the practice of sacrifice) than manipulating the mass murder for their religion? Thousands upon thousands of *human sacrifices* being offered...Manipulated through the propaganda, religions & governments of the Western World into continuing the killing of each other, inciting more & more atrocities...What kind of dark powers do the Western Religions *really* serve?
>>>Key up theme song from The Twilight Zone

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   

MidnightDStroyer

Originally posted by helen think the Christian Right want to expedite the second coming of the �Prince of Peace�, by letting the Israelis shed Palestinian blood and occupy the Arab lands - around the Sacred Land. It is a pity that this version of Christian love does not include sympathy for the suffering and the death of �Middle Eastern-looking� people, or for any of the starved and dispossessed millions in Asia and Africa.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i did not write this..............it was quoted ..............

and your answer?
twilight zone?

sorry MidnightDStroyer but i dont get what your trying to say?

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
look, since we are on the subject of ""The propaganda of Terrorism"" i would like to say that all this talk of ""make it a better place for all people and ""Peace"" to all the world is all a big lie ..............

Why does ""Terrorism"" seem to be at the top of the list?
What was wrong with the world before ""Terrorism"" was not heard of?
Was it any different,realy?

""Terrorism ""is just another word in the english language for ""POWER""to whom power belongs to...

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
He added that "you are only allowed to use nuclear weapons in that country which is 100 percent unbelievers." He told younger followers that they should prepare to sacrifice their lives for "jihad" from the age of 15 and promised each of them 72 virgins in paradise if they died as religious martyrs.

Islam is hate, Christianity is love.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Thorn

Originally posted by Netchicken

Islam is hate, Christianity is love.

And you are racists.

new topics

top topics

join