It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am But One

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I AM BUT ONE

I am but one,
But I split into two.

I am but one,
But I am composed of the few.

I am but one,
But I have been shaped from the four,

I am but one,
But I have the abilities of four more.

I am but one,
But I am striving for heaven,

I am but one,
But I am guided by the seven,

I am but one,
But I am infinite by design,

I am but one,
But my symbol is the nine.

I am but one,
Hoping to reach perfection,
Only then can I return to the one,
And bathe in his reflection.

I have wanted to just sit and write something and be creative for a long, long while now. I used to love writing stories and poems when I was younger, but as I have got older I just don’t seem to be able to find time to just sit and clear my mind enough to do anything like this.

Thought I would post it, to see if anyone can see what it’s supposed to mean! Obviously everyone will read it differently, but it has an underlying, philosophical meaning. Hope someone enjoys reading it!

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I don't know exactly what it means. However it gives me very intense feelings of resonance.
Wonderful!

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Sounds to me like your discribing how you came to terms with the whole Universal Conciousness thing. Not really sure what to make of the middle bits, particularly the numbers, but the first part seems to reprisent an internal conflict about wether its all BS or not. The last bit seems to suggest your reasonably sure it's not BS, and you intend to pursue these ideas.

And the repetition of 'I am but one', perhaps your struggling to shed your ego?

I'm not that big on poetry but this interested me so I thought I'd give it a go! Anywhere close?

(Edit to apologise for my apparent bluntness,
nice peice of writing!)

[edit on 20-3-2010 by March of the Fire Ants]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
its your acknowledging that you were born and can reproduce. and this relization is not somthing the world sees. and how you driven by worldly things and feel almost traped from your own desires and what not. then going to heaven and being with God.
thats my take on it please forgive my spelling-peace

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hi people, thanks for posting!

What I should have said is I know what this means to me, but does it mean anything to you?

Like already mentioned it is an expression of ego, and I suppose a kind of journey through consciousness from the beginning to the end, whatever that maybe. Something came to mind this morning, something that I experienced about five years ago, and I couldn’t help notice how much I have changed since then. I don’t mean physically, more mentally, the way I perceive things, the things I see as important in life. And I couldn’t help wondering if I will continue to change throughout the years, and how, in many years time I will look back upon myself then.

I suppose then you can look at in numerology terms, or simply as the process of life, the incremental growth from 1 to ten, each stage being a different stage of development. Personally, I feel like I am at many of these stages at once and have included a few personal thoughts which people might connect with.
A lot of people will think nothing of all of this, but I posted in this forum because I have noticed that the level of thinking here is very abstract and thought some people might appreciate it.

The poem starting from 1, is illustrating the fact that we all originate from one source. For me this illustrates that we all begin our lives from a single cell, just as the universe was birthed from one singular point in time. What is beyond that point? I don’t know. The 1 is the beginning, the Monad, the Logos, the Word.

The second is the duality. From that single cell we grow into the male or female being that we are today. From that point we see all things as dual in nature. Good and Evil, Sadness and Happiness, Light and dark, ying and yang, the Alpha and Omega. They are both born of the same and so are the same, just as one cannot exist without the other. Also from that point of separation we are always searching for something, whether it is a meaning of existence or just to feel whole again, to be one again.

The third is the trinity. We all have a mind, body and a soul. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The three primary colours that constitute the rest of the colours. The trinity is all around us.

The fourth is the elements. Air, Water, Fire and Earth. Our existence is shaped by these four elements.

The fifth is the senses. We are born with the ability to see, to taste, to hear and to touch. The fifth is also the fifth element, aether, the one that constitutes the rest, just as the Brain overlooks the four limbs. Five is also halfway through the cycle of 1 to 10. Being in the middle is a strange feeling. Being in the middle to me is being lost, being as far away to home as to your destination, the point of no return. It is lonely at this point and hard to see clearly, and is a time where we could all use some guidance in the way to proceed. It could also be seen as equilibrium, perfect balance.

The sixth is the next step after the middle. You for better or for worse have decided to move forward and seek out what it is you have been yearning for from the point of your coming into existence. In terms of astrology, you are now halfway through the zodiac.

The seven is everywhere you look. The 7 colours, the 7 astrological planets, the 7 wonders of the world, the seven seals, the seven chakras, the seven days of the week. The 7 for me is confirmation, confirmation of a guiding force.

The eight is the symbol of infinity, the symbol of the cycles of life, one unbroken line illustrating that the beginning and the end is at the same point, and that point can be anywhere along that line. For me that shows me that there is no time like the present, any day is a good day for change, and living in the moment is the best way to live your life. There is no past, as there can be no future, as it is just an infinite number of possibilities. The only time that exists is the present, the now.

The nine is the symbol of man. It is also the furthest away you can get from the source, and is therefore the end of a long journey. It for me then is a symbol of decision and evaluation. What have you been working towards your whole existence? Do you have faith and accept the inevitability that is fast approaching?

Finally the ten, which reverts back to the one. You are whole again. Depending on what you believe you will now be simply back into the void from which you came, or starting on the next cycle and journey which could go on infinitely. 10 is seen as the perfect number, and for me there must be a reason for existence, and that is to reach perfection, and be a reflection of the creator or originator themselves.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Wow, it means more to you than I'd have thought!

I guess in a way my interpretation sums up my own delving into meditation and philosophy. Perhaps the middle was unclear to me because I'm come to a bit of a stand still in that area. I really should go to those meditation classes I looked at

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by March of the Fire Ants

I know where your coming from there, I have tried Binaural beats, Isochronic tones, Hypnosis tapes, classical music etc. They all relax me and put me in the moment, but as soon as I wake up the next day im standing firm back in reality. I think the best thing to do is to stop searching for things externally, and just relax and be in the moment, at any time, any place. I think that is the key to true meditation.

new topics

top topics

join