It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 20th, Spring Equinox-Clearn house!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hello all!

Well the whole 'clean house' part in the title was more for a attention getter
But it is a good time to begin your spring cleaning in more ways then one!

Spring Equinox is a great time to practice some fasting, practice going without a material item you love, or just general cleansing of your heart. It is also a great time to reflect things or people that have made you angry or frustrated this past year and offer forgiveness in your heart towards it. It is a time of healing.

I have had a couple of strange experiences of equinoxes and solstices. Both experience that are very personal to me involves a loved one that almost died but yet was saved.

In 2008 I began studying the idea that the first new moon after the Spring Equinox makes a perfect day for a true new year according to the seasons and the cosmos. It only makes sense to observe the coming of Spring through the Equinox and then to observe the first new moon after the Equinox to start the first true day of the seasonal year.

In 2008, I fasted from the time of the Equinox till the new moon and I had profound experiences deep within me. So that summer, I was excited to observe the Summer solstice. June 21st of 2008....the day of the summer solstice, my mother almost died and had one of the most amazing NDE I have ever heard of and many have agreed with me that they have never heard of such a neat NDE. Thankfully, my mother did not pass away. The last thing she asked me after her 9 hours of visions was....what was the day and what was the time. I will always remember this day and remember it happened on the Summer Solstice.

In 2009 I felt a great need once again to observe the new moon after the Spring Equinox and made a thread asking for star charts for March 27th of last year. I commented that I felt the energies between March 20th and the 27th (the day I felt the observation of the new moon would happen) would be a great time for spiritual reflection and Universal awareness. The last hour of the 27th, I almost lost my son in law in a fatal car accident. Everyone in his car was injured, but lived. My son in law shattered his whole left hip at the age of 19 last year in the last hour of March 27th.

I just find it ironic that as I observe these nodes of the suns path and 2 people very close to be almost passed from me...but the important thing is...they did not pass but lived through things that seems like a miracle.

I will fast from meats starting tomorrow until the new moon which wont come until around April 14th (I say 'around' because new moons need to be observed, not predicted).

I just bring this info the same as I have done before here....Ive had threads before talking about both of these days BEFORE the day and event ever even happened.

Love and be loved....as we start the season of birth in all things. Animals will be carrying young if they arent already. Trees, planets, flowers will all be awakening to the world again. Fertility is in the air....

Blessings to all....I hope I dont have to have any close calls this time around...but will be ready for what ever the world has in store for me.

Ill post some links that talk more about the new moon that will come. Just wanted to get this post out before tomorrow!

Happy Spring!
LV

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Wow I was just reading up on this before your thread popped up, I have missed ones in the past so made a note not to miss this one.

As well as the equinox there is also a moon/peialades conjunction.

The March Equinox (Autumnal Equinox) is on Sunday, 21 March 2010 at 3:32 AM in Brisbane. I will most likley be asleep, but I will sungaze at sunset as usual. Apparantly there are only 12 solar ceramonies left untill 2012, listed here Solar wave countdown. They also touch on solar meditations.

Do you think its worth getting up at 3.30am to get it right on time? If I did I could wait around because Global meditation is just a few hours after at six.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
thanks for posting LeoVirgo-
It is so important to pay attention to the seasons. Something that most people don't do anymore.
today I ate only root veggies and tomorrow just water and root veggie juice. I was thinking of extending the fast longer than three days. what do yo do when you fast? Just water? Thanks for your help!

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
My birthday is March 21st. When the Sun aligns with the Earth...

Sometimes it's also Good Friday....

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

What a great day to have been born ALLisONE!

Happy B-day to you (a day early)!

My best to you
LV

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by KidIkarios

Hello KidIkarios!

Fasting is a rather new thing for me..this will be my 3rd year with using this practice. I specifically only fast from meats. And this is just a personal choice for me....and I respect those that can take it further then just meats. I think I would have black outs and dizzy spells if I tried to fast from all foods.

I have spoken with others that have a hard time only eating veggies and fruits because of the makeup...it causes them alot of acid problems ect. I think that even just being aware of recycling, not using alot of items that the Earth has a hard time processes, can even be a form of fasting. Taking something you use, that you could do without, and do it as a practice of discipline for things of the Spirit within the body or the Spirit even within the Earth itself. An example of this would be lets say....not using foil for a certain amount of time. It will make the person think how adapted humans have become on our material items without thinking what they do to our Earthly home.

Just my personal thoughts...
LV

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Hello polarwarrior!

I think its what ever you are drawn to. For the last 2 years, I was drawn to being aware of the point the sun was highest in the sky that day where I lived. I did observe the specific time of the Equinox. Im taking a more general approach this year and just trying to stay very aware all day for what I wish for this year of the seasons to be. Healing...is my focus...for the world....all day. Taking many quiet moments to reflect and just absorb.

Thanks for the links you shared! The moon has some great paths this next month....pairing with planets and stars and constellations. Earth sky is a great site to use to know what path the moon will be on every day through its phases.

Last year the new moon came 7 days after the Equinox. This year it will be almost a month before a new moon comes since we had a new moon RIGHT before the Equinox. The crescent has been so beautiful in the west after the sun sets, like a smile shining down on us.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
earthsky.org...

The March equinox marks that special moment when the sun crosses celestial equator, going from south to north. It happens today at 17:32 Universal Time, or 12:32 p.m. Central Daylight Time this afternoon for us in the central U.S. The March equinox signals the beginning of spring in the northern hemisphere and autumn in the southern hemisphere. The equinox is a hallmark in Earth’s orbit, but it’s also an event that happens on the imaginary dome of Earth’s sky. The imaginary celestial equator is a great circle dividing the imaginary celestial sphere into its northern and southern hemispheres. The celestial equator wraps the sky directly above Earth’s equator, and at the equinox today, the sun crosses the celestial equator, to enter the sky’s northern hemisphere. All these imaginary components . . . and yet what happens at every equinox is very real, as real as the sun’s passage across the sky each day and as real as the change of the seasons.

Tomorrow is a great day for observing also...we (earth) will sit in between the Sun and Saturn....Saturn being in opposition tomorrow.

earthsky.org...

The planet Saturn is at opposition today. That means Saturn is opposite the sun in Earth’s sky. At opposition, Saturn rises in the east at sunset and sets in the west at sunrise. This is when Saturn comes closest to Earth for all of 2010. As a result, it’s when Saturn shines most brilliantly in our sky. If you had a bird’s-eye view of the solar system today, you’d see our planet Earth passing in between the sun and Saturn. You’d see the sun, Earth and Saturn lining up in space. Only the planets that orbit the sun beyond Earth’s orbit can ever reach opposition – or be opposite the sun in Earth’s sky. The inner planets – Mercury and Venus – can never be at opposition, because they orbit the sun inside Earth’s orbit.

If anyone feels a need to observe the coming of the new moon for the new seasonal year....here is a site that shows how some may see it on April 14 (very few )and most will not see it until April 15th or 16th.

www.crescentmoonwatch.org...

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Happy Birthday!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Right on- thanks for your info. I really love the part about how adapted humans have become to material goods. i am trying to live on less in every way in my life. reduce reuse recycle! It is a little easier for me as I live "up in the hills" and the closest store is at least 30 minutes away and the closest big store, safeway, kroger or whatever the equivalent is to where you are geographically, is more than an hour! thank you again for your post and to all other contributors! And happy autumn equinox to our friends in the southern hemisphere! and happy birthday ALLisONE! I dig your name-oh so true-

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hello, LV, I'm hoping all is well with you and your's this year.

I think this year maybe I'll try to express something I've felt for many years. The contrast between cosmic and earthly seasons:

When looked at outside the earth, one would think it logical to regard the equinox as the middle of Spring, since it marks the cosmic(beyond the sky) middle point of waxing and waning of day length. Someone living outside the earth would consider the points in time between the solstice and equinox as the beginnings, the markers, of season change. Look at Winter, why would the longest night be considered beginning instead of center? It wouldn't if we lived outside the world.

What can we say then? It's obvious from thousands of years of human empirical experience that the solstices and equinoxes are in fact the markers for what we experience on Earth. This seems proof to me that we live on Earth, that we are naturally attuned to the earthly times and seasons, along with every other living thing on this planet.

What then can be said of our relationship between cosmic and earthly times and seasons? Just this: What is set in heaven has a delay, through the interactions of sun, atmosphere, reflection of sun energy between earth, sea, sky, before we feel and see the effects here on earth. What's that? 6.5 weeks I think, unless my math is messed up. I'm not a numerologist, so I don't know of any significance to that number.

The point really is that we on earth actually live on earth time and not heaven time. It's natural and real for us.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by pthena]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Hello pthena! All is wonderful here with us all...thank you for your kind thought.

It is very real for us...it allows us to know when to plant our crops, to prepare for young of the livestock, allows us to know when to harvest, and when to stock up and buckle down for days of cold. The cosmos was and is our clock of time. The ancients had every right to seek the cosmos for understanding...for it led them in building structure to their culture and society. Its no fun trying to just 'guess' when a good time for planting and harvesting is.

It is very real for us....we are made up of the very material of Earth, our inner clocks are linked to the cosmic clock that reflects to us. On another planet the cosmos reflects a different clock and time. But the time and seasons on Earth is really all that concerns us in a very real way.

My best to you always, to you and yours
LV

[edit on 28-3-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Hey there, just wanted to add something.

We live in two different worlds. You live in the north, the land of nifleheim(ice), where I am in the south, the land of muspelheim(fire). A LOT of people forget this. Especially sites on wicca, and generally any site about the seasons.

It is actually quite poetic. You now get to enjoy the start of new life, where we in the south see all that it has become. We watch the nights get longer and enjoy the serenity of la petite mort. And slowly the yin/yang turns, infinitely.

I love the duality

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimjolnir
How easily we northerners forget that we are only half of the dance. You bring to mind something I remember from 9th grade Science. That even the atmosphere itself only intermingles but slowly between North and South, as if the equator were an invisible permeable membrane due to prevailing wind patterns.

en.wikipedia.org...
atmospheric circulation diagram, showing the Hadley cell, the Ferrel cell, the Polar cell, and the various upwelling and subsidence zones between them. Imported from the English wikipedia.

What could this mean, but that completed wisdom can only be realized through greater South-North dialogue, and dare I say migration. That would explain why MayDay ranks high as holy days go.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Wonderful addition to the thread Jimjolnir!

Indeed...happy fall equinox to the other side of our sphere!

As one prepares for babies and sprouts, one prepares for harvests and bedding down.

It is amazing to me, the cycles, the orders, of nature.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

That is very interesting about the atmosphere pthena. It is actually quite amazing, I never knew that! It does seem that there is a 'wall' separating north from south on the equator. Off-hand, the only culture I can think of that made the connection was the norse men, vikings! but that could be coz I'm just a little interested in them.

But yes, in this global village, our knowledge on the matter can only grow as we learn to fully understand the nature of our world.

reply to post by LeoVirgo

It is truley amazing isn't it! Makes me feel all warm inside

As spring time essence adorns the sky,
the growth of joy and a colourful bounty
Raise to the heavens to meet with glory,
It is no wonder we seek new heights.

All the best in your seasons, to you and all my brothers and sisters.
peace

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Here's another interesting tid-bit. For many years I've felt like the universe was upside down. It strikes me now that if a person merely crossed the equator, the whole universe would be turned over from the traveler's perspective. Such an amazing flipping of the whole universe by the mere force of local center of gravity!

Archimedes used to say, in the Doric speech of Syracuse : “Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.”

Pthena now says, "give me a fast ship, and a star to guide her by and I shall upend the universe."

www.docstoc.com...
“The Hanged Man” is the most discussed of the twenty one trumps of the tarot, for its meaning is the most ambiguous. Thought to have originally been derived from a Norse legend that describes Odin hanging himself upside down from the world-tree, Yggdrasil, for nine days to attain wisdom and thereby retrieve The Runes from the Well of Wyrd, the (source and end of all Mystery and all knowledge), its iconography is also clearly suggestive of Christian martyrdom, death and sacrifice. This blurring of symbols is part of its suggestive power, for whilst one is inclined to think the worst of an image called “the hanged man,” it is in fact an invitation to commit yourself to deeper contemplation. The figure is generally read as the wise fool, who willingly gives up an ordinary view of the world to experience a different perspective, in serene contemplation. Coins fall from his pocket, but he is unconcerned. He has sacriced not himself, but control, and in return, he gains insight and ultimately wisdom.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by pthena]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Hi all!

Well here it is...the 15th, which will be the first sighting of the new moon for a new seasonal year...and my cat just got done giving birth to 6 kittens. What a great way to bring in the Spring!

Look for the fingernail of the moon in the western sky right ofter sunset. If you dont see it tonight on the 15th...look for it on the 16th.

And Happy Autumn for Southern Hemisphere! While one brings birth and life, one settles down to preserve it through the season.

The kittens arriving on the 14th/15th has just made my day/night.

Love to all

LV

new topics

top topics

join