It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Slits Classmates Throat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

AN 11-year-old girl led a fellow sixth-grader to an empty classroom during their lunch hour, slit her neck and arms with a box-cutter, and left her to bleed to death.

Heres the Site

This is pretty messed up!! Whats happening to these kids to make them so violent?? Maybe she had some psychodic problems or something. Violence in schools is becoming more and more common. We need to find a way to resolve this.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Well I don't know if I can really come to any conclusion, seeing how I'm not from Japan. I'm not up to date on their culture and ways, so it might be something different there that affected the girl?

As for violence in our culture, I'll tell you what's to blame. Crappy parents. I'm sick of people using the media as an excuse for violence in children when all the children need is a good, stable, loving home and they'll (unless they have some kind of intense disorder) turn out just fine. No, I'm not a scientist and I haven't done studies, but I'm a decent human being, and I have the capacity to reason and figure out that parents really need to start taking responsibility for their kids.

This incident in Japan is tragic, and hopefully that 11 year old girl gets some counseling and help, because it seems that there might definitely be somethign wrong with her.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
oh this makes me so scared as a mother
right now there is a junior high school age boy sitting in a Florida jail for slitting his best friend's throat in school
two young lives completely wasted for what seems to have no logic.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Its horrible when you hear about something like this with adults involved. The fact that they are young just makes it so much worse. The fact that it was obviously premeditated leads me to believe like JustAnIllusion said that she may have had some sort of problem. Just reading the list of other child crimes from that article has me worried about the future of Japan

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca

As for violence in our culture, I'll tell you what's to blame. Crappy parents. I'm sick of people using the media as an excuse for violence in children when all the children need is a good, stable, loving home and they'll (unless they have some kind of intense disorder) turn out just fine. No, I'm not a scientist and I haven't done studies, but I'm a decent human being, and I have the capacity to reason and figure out that parents really need to start taking responsibility for their kids.

HEAR! HEAR!

Parenting has taken a back-seat to career. There is NO excuse for irresponsable parenting yet this is the rule rather than the exception. Good Luck kiddies, Mommy and Daddy have to go to work now so they can buy some more useless crap! Fend for yourselves now.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Wow makes me have flashbacks to some ultra violent anime films. Sometimes people just flip out and do things they normally wouldn't.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yes, I can believe things like this will happen.

Children of this age (11) still do not have an understanding of reality and permanance.

from the article

Police said she confessed to the murder and said, sobbing, "I have done a bad thing." Authorities have not found a motive.

This child knows she has does wrong, but doesn't know why she did it. I imagine she did not understand death is forever.

Children of many societies are now exposed to all sorts of adult behaviour, but don't have the maturity to cope with what they see. They see the heros of tv programs killed in one film, yet reappear, large as life, to star in another program. They see violence, including murder, time & time again, with no guidance as to what is & isn't acceptable. Of course they will mimic - its what children do & how they learn. We must start to take responsibility for our children. We cannot shield them from all this, but we must spend time talking to them and give them an understanding of what is & isn't acceptable and why.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I don't think you can attribute these sorts of senseless acts to parenting. There are many things you can, but not this.

What's the answer? The only thing to say is that some people are broken, and some of those you just can't tell.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
right now there is a junior high school age boy sitting in a Florida jail for slitting his best friend's throat in school

With friends like this one would need no enemys.

As an educator I can tell you from first hand knowledge that most of America's problems lies in the fact that todays parents want to be buddies with their children, and not act as a responible adult. Just a few weeks ago I had a parent in my office, where I showed her the video footage of her son actively engaged in illegal issues, and her response was "That is not my son." It took everything I had in me to not respond with, must be your husband's child then. I could go on forever on this issue, but I do not have the time right now, maybe later.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I agree that parenting is the main factor but you might want to look at my qoute (not the lawn-mower one). I forgot where I saw that but I think it says a lot.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This must be extremely difficult for the Japanese people to deal with. Their culture is one based honor, respect and self control. This act is just the opposite. Earlier posts talked about the problem being parenting. I'm more of the opinion that as the material wealth of a culture grows, it's morality is bankrupted!

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Heh...have we considered the possibility that a person is simply insane? In any given species, there is a bell curve. 10% of the opoulation of any given species on the planet is homosexual. 2% are certifiable insane.

One in thrity will get cancer.

Play the odds people- eventually, a sociopath will turn up. Parents actually parenting helps the non-chemically imbalanced ones of course, adn this si a tragedy, but sometimes...jsut sometimes...we have to accept a person is crazy.

DE

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
dont rely on stats people. it just happens to be somewhere where people are more advance and think in higher degrees than others in foreign lands. kids from america that are that age wont calmly take a box cutter to hurt someone, they bring bombs.

it seems to me that asian kids are more manipulative than other kids from certain backgrounds. i mean that in a non-racial way. maybe it all goes back to what morals we all have.

new topics

top topics

join