It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silbury orb or butterfly, courtesy of Google Street View

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
So being bored I was having a look at my hometown on street-view and then decided to have a look at famous crop circle sites and places, and look for stuff - cos people make a habit of looking for the weird & wonderful on street-view. On doing so I found something purely by chance at Silbury Hill.

It could well just be a butterfly. I'm a street-view noob, so if you've seen lots of street-view countryside and you think this is a butterfly, please speak up!! It's definitely not a lens-artefact!

I'm going to present this in pictures. Apologies if they're a bit large. You can visit and see for yourself. Just go to maps.google.com, type Silbury Hill and then drag the little guy over the A4!

Here's the hill.

This is where to begin if you want to see this for yourself in Streetview. Pan around and you'll find a car. This is the starting point! Here is the car image:

You can move the pointer around and double click to move at desired lengths up the road, but we need to stick to pressing the arrow pointing forward on the road line, as it does small jumps only.

We'll be keeping an eye on the bushes, so don't forget to zoom in and out until you spot the mystery object! Um, I think this is just an example of zoom, hehe:

So, that's when I came across the sighting! In the next arrow-jump.

From afar, it looks like nothing more than perhaps floating dust, a butterfly, something like that. But you'll be amazed at how long the camera manages to watch it.

Zoomed in:

Using just one screen, I'll show you the path of this object. With poor computer graphics! Anyway, this is the first position. Right on the hedge-line.

If we arrow-strut forward again to the next frame, the object has moved away from the hedge-line:

This position in streetview is the most defined I believe, and this is where my curisoity really lies...

... that isn't particularly butterfly shaped!!

Very spherical in that frame. Zoom in and take a look for yourself!

Anyway, we keep going to the next street view capture, it has again moved.

The camera car has now passed the object.

It has moved along this far:

From here it gets a little sketchy, but can be seen for another frame or two. It's debateable which object it is in one of the frames, but I'm pretty certain its #1 below. If you look closely it may appear to move "up" the hill after that, but I really couldn't make that judgement from the final frames it's visible in.

I suggest you try it on street view, you'll feel its movement - the question is, butterfly or orb?? Or mini-spaceship? I guess it's up to you to decide!

Like I said, I was bored

[edit on 11-3-2010 by markymint]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I can see what your seeing. But I guess the question is why couldn't it simply be just different butterfiles. Or dust motes?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Did you try it in Google street view? You should, you can clearly see it's the same object leaving the hedge line and then following a straight line across the field. It could well be ONE large butterfly I'd say - but then I can't understand how it could be captured in about 8 frames over about 100 metres and retain its size in almost every frame.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This is not anything para-normal. Probably something small in the wind. although nobody can proove that it is not a micro dragon either.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
With all those hedgerows and grass about and it looks like spring or summer....the chance of google NOT finding insects would be unusual wouldn't you say?

My guess is it's 1 OR MORE of a certain type of flying insect.

Kudos for the hard work, but damn, your eyes must be sore by now.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Interesting capture, my first thought was perhaps a wandering littl' nature spirit or something equally folksy? =)
but I did notice that along the verge there is a patch of what looks like some sort of dandelion-flowering type weed or low shrubbery with white flowerheads... maybe it's a clump of pollen or seed carried on the wind?
certainly a bit intriguing. Is there any chance it's point of origin was caught on camera as well?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
[edit on 10.03.10 by wagtail]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Point of origin appears to be the hedgeline as you'll see in the first frame where it's circled, but before that, I can't spot it. I think the camera car spots it after going over a small hill, because the angle of the top of the hedgeline is much different in the proceeding couple of frames (see 3rd image or so). Could well just be one of those dandelion things, but it seems way too solid for that. Also if you look at the 7th image you'll notice yellow dandelions in the foreground are only a littler bigger than the spotted object which is a good 3 or 4, maybe more metres away from them.

I've been doing 3d rendering all day so my eyes are in a very detaily finding mode but yes you're right, they're just sore now, haha!

The field in those photos for those who may not know, is the field where apparently a police man saw large figures in it inspecting a crop circle not so long ago.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

You stole 60 seconds of my life and for WHAT??? Next time you get bored GET A BOOK or WATCH A MOVIE, but don't FOOL people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hey, I don't buy into orbs normally - but this is a UFO forum, douche! If you really consider presenting evidence and sparking debate to be "fooling" and "a waste of your time" why did you come here to read in the first place? Nevermind - you were obviously still captivated even if 60 seconds is all, so I consider that a compliment!

Oh wait, I assume you wrote that to get stars, by being the ultra-counter-viewpoint in the thread. Nice tactic!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Unfortunately, I have to agree with the "douche." I have seen countless white fluffs floating around in nature. If there was a video of this fluff moving at incredible speeds and changing directions rapidly and sharply, I may be more inclined to care, but these days, still pictures of a white fluff aren't good enough.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks that it just looks like a discolored spot on the ground/grass? I must not see what you guys are seeing, because what I am seeing doesn't look like it's even airborne.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Yeah I didn't think it was airborne at first either. But like I said I've been rendering in 3d worlds all day and moving around them and doing the same thing with google street view so my perception of angles and distances with perspective has been quite trained today, which I assume is the only reason I came to notice this. I do pay a lot of attention to detail. Exceptional amounts. But it's up to you to decide whether you trust that of me.

So, for anyone still mildly interested, I would definitely say it's airborne. And it's definitely moving right above the crop line, which is exceptionally strange.

For reference I found this on one of the inital frames where the white "fluff" is visible on the other side of the road. You're right in saying it's summer or spring and so there must be hundreds of bugs buzzing around the camera's route. But I've been up and down that road and not really seen anything, apart from perhaps this is one:

After looking further, this is a bird ^^

Full link to Silbury Hill street view, with "bug" on right and orb/UFO in tram line on left.

Further back from the starting point there are other "fluffy" things in grass, possibly litter - but you can see how it gets obscured at different angles, and should help you see that the original object is floating above the crop and definitely moving position. Dandelions, certainly in the UK, are very light and airy and do not form such a solid composition. I won't rule that out though...

Also: Silbury Hill is said to be a stargate. Hundreds of crop circles happen near Silbury Hill. So who is out investigating it, or are we just doomed to wild theories on forums here and there? Well the best part is Google Street view at least gives us a chance to begin off-site investigations. This imagery is from Sept-2009 I believe so it's very recent and will undoubtedly be updated in the future. Using the "Historical imagery" on Google Earth can be a lot of fun like that - seeing how crop circle sites change over time etc.

My "fluff" is for people who perhaps think maybe there is something significant going on and about Silbury Hill, that's all. I think it's a pretty magical place!

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
well, heres Silbury Hill getting an interesting mention...

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

pretty cool...considering.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Awesome. Well that says a lot about why we have crop circles there. Thanks for the link - a great read! Always interested in Silbury stuff -- there's a distinct lack of explanation about that place but your linked article has just helped heal that considerably!

[edit on 12-3-2010 by markymint]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yeh no worries, always fascinating stuff... site anomolies can be interesting!

top topics

join