It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

night vision and ir spectrum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
am not sure if there is another post about this, but.... ive read about how people say they can see more stars, "ufos" ect.... with a nite scope. what if ufos normaly fly around in the ir sepctrum ? and sometimes turn it off so to speak so we can see them with our normal eyes. could this be the same with ghosts ect..... ?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
well the night vision thing again. There are devided thoughts on night vision UFOs.
Keep in mind you are always seeing reflected light so that would mean the the UFO and anything inside would have to only reflect IR light, so first you would have to proove that it was possible to construct something invisible.
Now all the night vision UFOs i have seen easily pass for birds, planes and reflection trickery. Try taking your TV remote and hold down the volume button facing a window in a dark room at night, then take your camera and film the reflection on the window. You have an orb.
One problem is that people do not normally use nightvision so they have no idea what normal things look like in night vision let alone UFOs. The night vision scopes are also made for hunting not filming so there is a low film quality issue also. A birds wing movements would not get picked up at a distance so we see a tiny "orb" UFO that looks like it is way high up when in fact it is a small bird flying overhead.
Im not sure about picking up ghosts on an IR camera, i havebeen playing with mine for a while now and have not seen any ghosts.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
You can see more stars, because NVG's are lowlight enhancers. They capture whatever light there is and increase it with an electrophoto-multiplier. So any stars you cannot see because of smog or whatnot will be visible with a NV-scope.
IR-scopes work the same way, except that they 'translate' infrared into visible light as an extra step.

Night-vision systems can only 'see' stuff that physically emits light.
They cannot enhance 'nothing'.
So unless your ghosts are glowing in some sort of wavelength, they will only be detectable by their laughter in your head...

(I have seen ghosts, but I have no physical explanation. I like UFO's better.)

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I call BS on your statement all IR video is of birds explainable natural or hoax phenomena. You disbelievers will stop at nothing to further your own agenda, which is to be an agnostic, Godless human bent on trying to disprove any and all supernatural events.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticantiseptic
reply to post by zaiger

I call BS on your statement all IR video is of birds explainable natural or hoax phenomena. You disbelievers will stop at nothing to further your own agenda, which is to be an agnostic, Godless human bent on trying to disprove any and all supernatural events.

First off im a believer so don't start with all your disbeliever crap with me. And i said all the IR videos I have seen . So Im calling BS on you and your ability to read,comprehend and respond with something sequiter.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Actually infrared works off of heat signatures that are invisible to the human eye. His title mentioned both, and I was specifically pointing out the IR spectrum.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by skepticantiseptic]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
We have cloaking technology right now, keep in mind. Officially, we've only just begun to test it, on milimeter scales. But everybody knows the military is years if not decades ahead when it comes to R&D with specific military/national security application. If we have it, "they" surely have it.

However, at least for our technology, cloaking the infrared wavelengths is far easier to accomplish than going to the length of redirecting visible-light wavelengths. I was going to say, that if these UFOs are only showing up in IR but not visible light, that implies they are trying hard and going to considerable lengths to not be seen. And if cloaking IR is far easier than VL, why don't they just cloak the IR as well? Though it's possible with whatever unknown energy source they use, maybe an IR cloak is not feasible.

You mentioned something else in the OP, that they blip into sight every now and then for some reason. I don't know jack about ghosts, but at least in the case of UFOs, I can only imagine them as following some sort of logic. They've been here for countless millenia, look just like us, we must be some sort of experiment, or project. With minimal - but certainly not negligible - interference.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticantiseptic

he said

...with a nite scope. what if ufos normaly fly around in the ir sepctrum ?

And the title of the thread is NIGHT VISION. It is true that Thermography or thermal imaging does work off of IR they are not the same thing, that would be like saying night vision is the same as regular vision because they both use lights. do yourself a favor and stop trying or put me on ignore.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I can prove that we can create something invisible. I have a thread on cloaking, actually. In it is hidden the clues to how the "invisibility" paint that the DoD uses actually works. The manufacturing is unique, and costs well into the 5 digits for a gallon. Not cheap paint, at all.

It is in the public sector, too, if you know where to look. Hidden in plain sight, so to speak.

To the OP....i have some cheap night vision goggles. I have never seen anything with them that would seem unusual. I am not outside at night a lot, but my son and i play airsoft wars and are occassionally out after dark shooting at each other.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I own both Image intensifier based night vision technology and thermal infrared imaging technology.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/8e01b0cc4f118c84.jpg[/atsimg]

I also make a living developing systems which use these technologies. So far I can find technical errors and outright ridiculous assumptions in every post so far which mentions how these work. I don't even know where to start...sigh. People need to start posting information based on proper research instead of what they think they know.

edit to clarify

[edit on 10-3-2010 by dainoyfb]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby
am not sure if there is another post about this, but.... ive read about how people say they can see more stars, "ufos" ect.... with a nite scope. what if ufos normaly fly around in the ir sepctrum ? and sometimes turn it off so to speak so we can see them with our normal eyes. could this be the same with ghosts ect..... ?

Just because something's a color you can't see doesn't make it invisible, it makes it appear black.

Something appears to be a color because it reflects or transmits light of that color. So, if you have a healthy leaf from a tree, it looks green because it's reflecting green light wavelengths to your eye, or transmitting them if you look through it at the sun.

Some "colors" are too red or too blue for you to see. In that case, the object reflects a wavelength outside the gamut of your eye. Let's say it's colored far IR. You can't perceive the light color it does reflect. However, the object will still stop other light from coming from behind it. Since the color reaching your eye is outside your gamut, and no light comes from behind it, then the object will be absorbing all the non-far IR light. It then becomes black to your eye.

If I had a concrete block or UFO painted with magic paint that only reflected IR, it wouldn't turn clear. It would be black. You still couldn't see through it.

I see similar posts from time to time on ATS - things just don't vanish because it's a color you can't perceive. There are actually people who have no color perception at all. Things aren't transparent to them, they're just in black and white. Same for dogs and the like.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This is actually covered at that new "stupid lights" site....

www.nomorestupidlights.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby

UFOs use extradimensional engines to push themselves outside of ordinary three-dimensional space. When they do this, the UFOs either become visible more in the UV spectrum or in the IR spectrum, depending upon their technology.

For more information see: AfricaEarth.pdf

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

G'day rikgrimsby

I have looked at this extensively.

Every single NV video shows, planes, satellites & birds that can easily be explained as such.....

.....except one very interesting video of a "delta shaped craft" as follows:

You will find very interesting commentary & discussion in this thread by Zorgon:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

new topics

top topics

join