It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Dream..What does it mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Im very hesitant putting this thread here, but I feel I need some advice.

I had a dream a few nights ago, and it is still haunting me, in my waking hours..strange, since I only remember very few dreams.

Im hoping there is someone here in ATS that is good at interpreting dreams..ok..onward

My dream..I was with 2 young sons..Im not sure it was even me..since I have many dreams where Im not really "me"..well..we lived in a 3 story apartment building..and not one from my area..where I live in my real life..

I can tell..it looks like san fran..the streets are built on hills..but its NOT california..I know this in my dream eye..the ocean is very near..you can see it also from the apartment..it looks french to me..although I've never been to france..

The apartment we are in..starts to fall, crumble..if you will..my first thought is to grab my two young sons and run outside..but I know I dont have time..I know we are doomed..

I grab them..hold them tight to me..and tell them.."hold on tight..I will see you on the other side"

The feeling..I had..was so utterly devastating, so horrid..so full of fear...Ive never felt anything like it..
I asked in my mind..in a nano second..maker..whoever you are..please let us die fast..
All I knew..was that I didnt want these children to suffer..but somehow..i KNEW there was more..that there WAS another life..

I just want to know...does anyone interpret dreams..this one has really gotten to me..it felt SO real..
Although all my children are grown..it couldnt have been me...or could it..I dont know...any help?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Heres my interpretation. Its a bit pop psychology but it may point you in the right direction.

I think your aprehensive about your family or your current situation. The crumbling building is a kind of symbol of your life falling apart and your instinct is to protect your family at all costs.

I would'nt take it as a sign that this will happen i think its just your brain reminding you of whats important to you most. Maybe you've been worrying about the future lately and this is a mechanism of those fears.

Im sure everything will be fine. Now that your alert to the possibility. You'll probably work double hard to make sure this does'nt happen and so your following the natural course. This is the whole point of this vivid dream.

Hope this makes some sense. Dont let it get you down.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
It could be that your dream is related to a past life of yours. Perhaps in the dream you were flashed back into the life, body and area of where you lived, but your Soul was the same. That is the feeling of familiarity even though the person you "were" was not the same as it is now. Maybe your life ended in tragedy and some higher power is trying to send you a message about those two sons you had, or that the way your life ended in that lifetime was not how it was meant to be.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
It could be that your dream is related to a past life of yours. Perhaps in the dream you were flashed back into the life, body and area of where you lived, but your Soul was the same. That is the feeling of familiarity even though the person you "were" was not the same as it is now. Maybe your life ended in tragedy and some higher power is trying to send you a message about those two sons you had, or that the way your life ended in that lifetime was not how it was meant to be.

I agree. Sounds past life to me.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Interesting theory. Kind of de ja vue but in a dream. Only one way to find out. Do a past life regresion f you believe in past lifes. See if theres any corrilation.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
hi. it seems clear to me, that you know what is about to come, you've always known, and your family are your first thought, why wouldnt they be?
i think in time the tiny things dotted in the dream will be brought to your attention the closer it gets i would almost guarantee it.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

It is said that in dreams house often means physical body, especially if in the dream it feels that it is your home - and if the house crumbled in your dreams, it may mean that your health is in danger. I hope that this is not the case.

It could also a projected fear of your unconsciousness; you may be quite concerned with your health. But then again, I am not professional psychoanalyst, merely a layman that has read too much Jung. It may mean something totally different and in the end, oneself is the best exponent of one's dreams.

-v

PS. To me, KrypticCriminal's reply seems quite credible explanation also. House can also mean construct(s) of our mind, life and efforts.

Most probably it is a projection of anxiety, but you should listen to your body and mind more closely if the dream was indeed very forceful and vivid.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by v01i0]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This kind of spooked me a little when i first read this thread because quite recently i have had a very similar dream, it was very short but quite shocking as i awoke fairly shaky, this is what happened:

I am in my parents place particularly in my old bedroom, when there is a rumbling sound then i look out of the window and see the ground begin to crack, there is a large field at the back of my parents which is surrounded by trees bushes and houses.
I grab the railing of my bed to steady myself then look out the window again to see the ground completely fall apart, one side of the crap raises up so high then the whole house just falls on its side and everything becomes dark.

i dont know if this is just a coincidence or maybe something sinister -as i said pretty spooky :S

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bobins

I'd interpret your dream in a following way: The ground is a symbol of some base structure of your life; I'd say that you have experienced something lately, which has quite literally "pull the carpet under your feet" so to speak - this may be emotional or social structure, which you feel (or rather your unconsciouss is feeling) to be failing.

Maybe you've recently had emotions of disappointment towards something that has had quite important meaning in your life. It can also be precognitive dream, meaning that it hasn't happened yet, but may happen in future. From personal experience I know that our uncosciousness may have picked some (weak) signals that we consciously may fail to notice.

-v

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Nah, all of those other interpretations are way off base. It means to get off your duff and make sure your house is in order.

Plain and simple....

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The only place you can get a TRUE and CORRECT interpretation of dreams is from the ONLY TRUE and LIVING God. I have dreams, and if you are not close to the creator, you will never be able to understand what those dreams are about. I believe it is a supernatural gift given by God, so God will be the only person to teach and guide you into using it.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I had a similar dream, except if I had to guess I was on the East Coast at a relatives for family visit. We were in a loft apartment and there was a large balcony with a trampoline on it. We were jumping on the trampoline at night when we saw this phenominal air show, the aircrafts looked like vintage WWII era and painted bright cherry red as the show went on it was clear to me that they were flying in figure 8's around each other to symbolize DNA or a change that will occur that has to do with our DNA. I must have had to go to the bathroom or something and went inside, when I came back out I could not find my daughter and was looking for her, there was a young boy on the balcony and I could see this huge wave forming over the ocean and opened the sliding glass to let the boy inside but that was the end of my dream.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
All of you trying to interpret someone elses dream for them. WTF.
You cannot tell someone what their dream means, it is for them to decide..

You are all ridiculous

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
All of you had great thoughts on dreams..and yes, sometimes a dream will stay with you, and make you wonder why did I dream that, or what does it mean..

I seem to have quite a few dreams where Im not really "me". Its odd..one I have quite frequently..is just bizarre and Im almost embarrassed to talk about it..
Ok, but I will..lol..in my dream..I'm always Bam Margera's wife..I mean..I feel that Im her..and I dont understand this at all, because I cant stand him..and I never think of him during my waking hours..anyway..in these dreams..he always cheats on "me"/her..and I can literally feel the hurt and pain from this act..strange as hell, I have no clue why Im "her"..in real life..Im not in a relationship, nor have I been for 5 years..

Well..the earthquake dream I started with, stuck with me for quite awhile..the feelings were so intense..I really knew we were going to die..and I even remember feeling a cool feeling on my face, kind of like going through the air swiftly..

Its strange that some of you have also had dreams like this..I wonder if there is anything to this..eh

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

this is what I thought too! scary dream!

new topics

top topics

join