It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Media Take Out Thread - The Conspiracy of the Blacks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
"The guns are being cleaned and the knives are being sharpened! I suggest you visit the Southern District police station on the third Thursday of every month ..."

Behold the first near certain bankruptcy.

Metaphor abuse is a very serious breach of rules of not crossing the line.

I imagine we will yet behold this company's bankruptcy,

What do you think? I know this now as an absolute dead cert, in the position I'm in.

That's my thinking on this at this time.

The Conspiracy involves the quest for the release of the Blacks from jail, Conrad, and the events leading up to their imprisoning, and what happened after it. Sad to see what happened to Baltimore Sun, came into the press account email.
Baltimore Sun - bankruptcy surely to come.

Due to metaphorical ambiguity issues - published metaphor abuse I know when I see it.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by TheDailyPlanet]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Ummmm...Sorry, but I didn't quite copy that!

Care to explain a little more for those of us who don't quite "get it"?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDailyPlanet
"The guns are being cleaned and the knives are being sharpened! I suggest you visit the Southern District police station on the third Thursday of every month ..."

Behold the first near certain bankruptcy.

Metaphor abuse is a very serious breach of rules of not crossing the line.

I imagine we will yet behold this company's bankruptcy,

What do you think? I know this now as an absolute dead cert, in the position I'm in.

That's my thinking on this at this time.

The Conspiracy involves the quest for the release of the Blacks from jail, Conrad, and the events leading up to their imprisoning, and what happened after it. Sad to see what happened to Baltimore Sun, came into the press account email.
Baltimore Sun - bankruptcy surely to come.

Due to metaphorical ambiguity issues - published metaphor abuse I know when I see it.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by TheDailyPlanet]

Like your username, bit of a superman fanboy I am.

On topic though, what on earth are you talking about? You are not making any sense to me at all. Care to elaborate?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Conrad refers to Conrad Black, the ex owner of the Telegraph newspaper, in Britain.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDailyPlanet

I still have absolutely no idea what you are going on about.

Your OP is just random words with absolutely no context to anything I can relate to. You need to be more specific about what you are talking about. I think you are assiuing that we have some knowledge of the subject you are trying to discuss.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

I still have absolutely no idea what you are going on about.

The quote in the OP appears to be from a comment on a baltomore sun blog about police arresting an 8 year old boy with a gun.

But I see no connection between that and Conrad Black or the US vs. Conrad Black trial, and Mr. Black appears not to be scheduled for release from prison until 2013.

So I too am uncertain what the OP is talking about.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The Conspiracy of the Blacks is ________________ ?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It came in, from GulfNews, also :-

GulfNews
"Now the knives are out again. The chief selector Hassan Sardar, another ...."

Illegal metaphor abuse, because the metaphor is ambiguated.

The latest one on the hit list to sue for effective incitement! I reckon they could go bankrupt.

Because of the self contained sentence, you can see the illegal idiom abuse, it comes in regularly, constant daily into my press email.

Now Conrad is in jail, for real, (the proprietor).

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is a coded message that will circuitously find its way to a small group of violent extremists waiting for 'word.'

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I think I am starting to understand what the OP is talking about and I maybe wrong but I believe he is referencing the use of certain metaphors in the media quoted.
There was a study that found that metaphors were being used by certain newspapers over and over, which were linked to an increase in violent crime.

Basically, there were newspapers who on face value were against violent crime but the metaphors being used like "Knives are being sharpened", "the knives are coming out" etc.. which seem harmless on face value but if you use the same metaphors over and over the subconcious mind of their readers were being infiltrated by them.

This was in the UK and there was an increase in knife crime during this period.

So I think he means that the 8 yr old boy might have had his mind infiltrated by the media and hence why he took the gun to his school.

But I really am guessing, maybe the OP can help us out here?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The appropriate paperwork is ready for sending to DMGT plc. tommorow.

Meanwhile I am busy with attending to 'owed customers' at my business, smokenotar.com

It's been a busy day, but the knives have been put away, thank goodness.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I appreciate I have left many questions to be answered so far in this thread, and I assure you I will back on this thread to answer all your questions, and reveal the full Conspiracy of the Blacks, as soon as I can!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The recent Times headline was "Children under 12 can't be criminals".

The other headline was "Lords place themselves beyond reach of the law."

But the Times feels that, it, itself is above the law. This is the impression I have got on occasion during dealings with them.

Children can be classified as criminals as young as 10, is the current thinking.

Education is so important in ensuring a sense of criminality is not instilled.

Children should not be criminals. Nor should the newspaper staff.

In my dealings with Mr David Chappell, I found his return emails showing a disregard for grammar, punctation and even capitalization on the first letter of each sentence. There were frequent spelling mistakes, and this, from the Managing Editor of the Times newspaper.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
All these newspapers, the dealings with, have been sad. They were OK pre the Millenium, see Caution: MILLENIUM BUG Time Bend 2010 for further information.

The following post is based on the presented evidence of "language abuse", researched by TheDailyPlanet using identities including notknivesout on the dailymail.co.uk discussion boards. Further information useful searches:- "knife metaphors", "metaphor abuse" etc. I consider it law-breaking incitement when it is crossing the line, I didn't see that prior to July 2001.

Amongst the most grave dealings of all, are those with the Daily Telegraph newspaper in Britain. These were by verbal phone call.

David Chappell answers to the Editor, who is in his early thirties. He is the youngest editor they have ever had in the history of the Times newspaper. That is at the Times.

I never want to buy the Telegraph when I see it on offer at any newsagent, after my dealings with them - the dealing with the Managing Editor man.

Conrad Black is currently in jail in the United States, the original chief executive of the Telegraph. But as far as I can historically note, it is the Barclay Brothers whose operations that break the law. TheDailyPlanet presents worried speculation that the documents enditing the Blacks were forged in some parts of the operation. I do not have the knowledge of whether the Barclay Brothers were involved.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by TheDailyPlanet]

[edit on 14-3-2010 by TheDailyPlanet]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I cannot continue anymore. I am receiving more and more "knife metaphors" in my email inbox. Every time I ask for it to stop, the relevant media people do a game of doing the opposite, thus risking people being murdered or attacked with knives.

Here's one of 8 today:-

Caps off, knives out
News24
In the end it hardly matters: the genie is out of the bottle and “uncapped” is now the de facto standard. Whether you like MWEB or not, they have just ...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
LEAD STORY: Knives come out for the mayor
Hawke's Bay Today
"I know there are people out there trying to discredit me and that's what happens on election year. I don't mind people standing [for mayor] but if people ...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Age no bar
GulfNews
Understandably, the knives are out for coach Leonardo after that defeat and this despite the fact that they are breathing down the neck of their arch-rivals ...

Just a few days after I posted the speculation that GulfNews would be the next bankruptcy!

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
There is some kind of problem going on.

I spoke to the Managing Editor of the Telegraph to explain the proven link between knife metaphors and real life knife crime, and so he said he took my points on board, and had carefully noted them.

Then, after a few weeks, it resumed again (in my knife metaphor idioms feed)

The latest one was "Unfortunately, this week I've got to play Jack the Ripper. (tennis). If I lose, the knives will be out".

I personally do not ever want to buy the Telegraph ever again. I don't know what would happen if Conrad is released from jail, but certainly I get thoughts of revulsion whenever I walk past a pile of unsold Telegraphs in my local Waitrose. (at 5pm at night last time I was there, and it hadn't been a good day for sales for the Daily Telegraph)

[edit on 19-3-2010 by TheDailyPlanet]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Lloyd thought about throwing darts away
This is Total Essex
"Don't get me wrong the criticism did hurt and lots of people should just shut up and when you do have a bit of a dip that's when the knives come out and ..."

(please do not take knives out - search for Angular Gyrus brain legions disorder) - ie. tears on the surface of the brain hemispheres

That one came in today as well. It's a regional newspaper owned by DMGT plc, director Paul Dacre, who is also the Editor of the Daily Mail newspaper.

They have been sent a debit note as a 'lean' on their business - for payments out monthly to the solicitor's client account for knife crime homicide victim's families and those seriously affected by knife crime, if they do not pay, I am sending the company a bankruptcy petition.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
From the document 'Metaphors and Metaphorical English', part of the Waylink English website:- "With a metaphor, because the comparison is not explicit, it can lead to confusion. If the comparison is not recognized, the expression may be taken literally instead of figuratively."

That's the difficulty.

TO ANYONE FROM 'THE MEDIA' WHO HAPPENS TO VIEW THIS THREAD:-

Please cease and desist from the use of knife metaphor idioms in your article text and/or headlines with immediate effect, in the interests of the prevention of 'knife crime' and violent crime. For published research between the link search for "Knife Metaphors" in Google. (please do not commit knife crime).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join