It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Transition of Venus over the Sun in 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This is just an effort to show all the ATS'ers a spectacular event on June 6th, 2012.
No conspiracy here. Unless you make a link with the Mayan Calendar...
But that's an entirely different thread.

Here is the crossing of Venus directly over our view of the Sun.
Link to Venus' transit in 2004 Venus Transit 2004
Very good site to get lots of information about the where-abouts with our planets, too.
There's a few good astronomy charts at that site.

Here's a picture from the event in 2004, shot in Alabama:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2adec31cd0a.jpg[/atsimg]
You can see the visible Venus on the right side of the sun.

Here is a map of the viewing area around the globe in 2012:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/833434b4f5d3.jpg[/atsimg]
Most of the globe will get a chance to see this event.
If you look at the videos and pictures you will see that this is a very strange event.
Everyone should take the time out to see it take place in 2012.

I, for one, will enjoy viewing this event, indirectly, thought a pinhole projector.
Here's a link and direction list on how to build one:

One of the easiest (and least expensive) ways to indirectly view the Sun is with a pinhole projector. The projector basically acts as a camera.

Here are a couple of different ways to create a pinhole projector:
•The easiest method is to get a piece of bristol board (or something similar that has some weight to it) and prick a tiny pinhole in the centre using a fine pin. (In order to create a really tiny hole, you may want to first cut a hole in the centre of the board, then cover this with aluminum foil and prick a hole in that.)
•Hold the board so that the Sun’s light can pass through the pinhole (but don’t look through the pinhole at the Sun – remember, you promised!) This is going to act as your lens. The Sun’s rays pass through this pinhole to form a circular image.
•Hold a second white sheet of Bristol board behind the first, and you’ll see a small dot of light. This isn’t just light coming through the pinhole – it’s an image of the Sun being projected onto the board. (Actually, it’s an inverted image of the Sun. Do you know why?)
•The further you hold the second board from the first, the larger the image of the Sun will appear, but the dimmer it will get, because you’re essentially spreading the same amount of light over a larger area.
•You can also create a pinhole viewer out of a box, but it needs to be fairly long to get an image of the Sun that is big enough to see. Make the pinhole at one end of the closed box, and create a hole in the side of the box near the opposite end so that you can see the projection of the Sun on the opposite side from the pinhole.

Source
The site I got the pinhole projector directions from is very informative on the subject.

DISCLAIMER
-PLEASE DO NOT LOOK DIRECTLY AT THE SUN!
-Use caution when making any kind of observation device!

This event is 2 years in the making, I'm just getting the information out!

In another thread I will show the connection with the Mayan calendar...

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
$100 says someone will post that it is Nibiru going across the sun on that day. And that we are all going to die. blah, blah, blah.

Nice informative post, by the way. Didn't want to come across as a thread killer, but feel it just has to be said so maybe no one will actually do it.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The symbolism is fun.

the morning star crossing in front of the sun(son) on the year of the supposed apocolypse. I would imagine christian astrologers are going to be going out of their minds with anti-christ themes around then

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

More than that, some early christian astronomers referred to Venus as Mary Magdalene. Oddly enough, the course of Venus's path across the sky is that of a pentagram. The only natural representation of that pattern. Given Peter's disdain towards women and that association between the Morning Star/Lucifer it is no wonder she gets a bad rap.

Especially odd when early Gnostics claimed her to be Jesus' wife.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
$100 says someone will post that it is Nibiru going across the sun on that day. And that we are all going to die. blah, blah, blah.

Yeah I get that impression too.
Even after the explanation of the event that day...
...many people will still believe its something other than ordinary.

The connection of the planet Venus being represented as a woman, and the Sun being repepresented as masculine energy is a weird one.

The Sun in astrology represents masculine energy and the principle life force in our Solar System. It's at the centre and from its position, it drives all the planets. In a chart it's your vital life force, the ability to give and receive, leadership, generosity and drive.

Venus is the female love principal in astrology. It's the primordial Yin energy of our system. It's harmony, beauty, sociability, co-operation, women and the goddess energy. So when Venus aligns with the Sun (from our Earth's perspective), the principle life force is united with love, female energy, harmony and the goddess principle.

Source

Hmm...

More to come!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the advance i didn't know about this, Can we see this in anywhere the UK?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar

Nice informative post, by the way. Didn't want to come across as a thread killer, but feel it just has to be said so maybe no one will actually do it.

OMG ITS NIBIRU!!!!!

Give me my $100

top topics

join