It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can YOU buy "Loose Change" DVD in YOUR Walmart?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I recently noticed in my local (Canadian) Walmart that I can buy "Loose Change" on DVD.

We Canadians do seem to get a lot of "Conspiracy" material on our CBC News channel. They show several repeats of more reputable Docs about 9/11 a year and usually produce one or two original specials on the topic per year. We also seem to have a slightly more liberal media, (but only slightly.) (And by "liberal" I mean, not "politically Liberal" but liberal with information.)

Still, I was surprised to see the "Loose Change" dvd at Wally World. Picture of the two towers interspersed with Mr. Bean Compilations and "The Postman" for $6.99

Not so much because Loose Change is "pushing the envelope." It's pretty tame in terms of wackiness, obviously. But because, it seems to me, Walmart is part of the same machine. To me this is the same as putting an eternal flame over someone you have murdered. It's like a sign, but the sign is a big middle finger.

Or is it?...

Is the message of the culpability becoming mainstream?
Are people in America ready to point fingers yet?
It's happening here, it's happening in England.
You can be damn sure it's happening wherever there is oil.
Our conspiracy theories are getting accepted as conspiracy fact.
That's because some of them ARE.
The game is afoot and some of you are going to be very unhappy indeed.

Can you buy "Loose Change" in YOUR Walmart?

[edit on 8-3-2010 by briantaylor]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
A better question is: would I really want to?

Loose Change pretty much ruined any hopes of a serious re-investigation of 9/11, and turned the whole thing into a joke/circus. It doesn't surprise me that Walmart might carry it for sale, right next to other fictional works.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I live in Michigan, and I have never seen Loose Change available commercially at all.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure the copy I got was for FREE and it said to give it to as many people as I could... FOR FREE!

wtf is someone selling it for?

Are the loose change guys makin money on it behind our backs?

Or is someone behind there's?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
I'm pretty sure the copy I got was for FREE and it said to give it to as many people as I could... FOR FREE!

There is a topic worth of a thread of it's own. "Who's the money behind "Loose Change"?".

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles

And I'm sure when you tell people they can pass it around, that you can also record it on to a disc, and sell it yourself. If anything, it sounds like someone is making money off of their work.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If I had to choose between Mr Bean,The Postman and Loose Change, I am going
with Loose Change. Why is it for sale though? I have a feeling that these maybe licensed from the owners so that they could be distributed and promoted outside of the U.S. I think I read that funds from Loose Change are donated to families etc of 911 and used to keep spreading. I doubt those 2 guys are at the Playboy mansion rolling cigars with 100 dollar bills.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

why do you consider loose change to have ruined any real chance for a re-investigation?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

There was a sticker (attached to the shrinkwrapped case) that stated that proceeds from the sale of this DVD would go to "such and such" 9/11 charity.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TravisT
And I'm sure when you tell people they can pass it around, that you can also record it on to a disc, and sell it yourself. If anything, it sounds like someone is making money off of their work.

That is exactly what is sounds like to me. I cannot be sure at the moment but it seems to me that if they tell people to distribute it on their own for free then it must be public domain. Anything that is public domain is FREE.

Now, "Night of the Living Dead" is actually public domain. There is no need to pay for it. You can download it, copy it, pass it out, and SELL IT. Every Halloween a different company starts churning out copies for sale. George Romero who made the film never sees one dime of that because he does not own the property rights. No one does. People make money by selling his free public domain film and the filmmaker gets jacksh1t for it.

This sounds like the same thing to me. "Loose Change" is free. Besides, $6.99 is not really much of a profit after production, packaging, and distribution costs so whoever is making money off of it is not exactly raking it in "GGW" style.

YUP!

Director: Dylan Avery
Producer: Korey Rowe USA
Production Company: Louder than Words www.loosechange911.com/
Audio/Visual: sound, color
Keywords: 9/11; September 11th,terrorism,USA,
Contact Information: www.loosechange911.com/
Creative Commons license: Public Domain

Dylan Avery is not making a dime off of the Walmart editions for sale.

source

[edit on 8-3-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by briantaylor
I recently noticed in my local (Canadian) Walmart that I can buy "Loose Change" on DVD.

We Canadians do seem to get a lot of "Conspiracy" material on our CBC News channel. They show several repeats of more reputable Docs about 9/11 a year and usually produce one or two original specials on the topic per year. We also seem to have a slightly more liberal media, (but only slightly.) (And by "liberal" I mean, not "politically Liberal" but liberal with information.)

Still, I was surprised to see the "Loose Change" dvd at Wally World. Picture of the two towers interspersed with Mr. Bean Compilations and "The Postman" for $6.99

I have been saying from day 1 that the con artists behind Loose Change were only in it for the money. Even if they only make $1 per copy, they're still making a huge killing becuase Wal-Mart buys everythign by the ton. Between that and the $14.95 t-shirts they're selling off their web site, Avery must be pulling in close to six figures.

When you start seeing, "investigate 9/11" dog food and "investigate 9/11" back scratchers, that's when you'll know they went too far.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
I have been saying from day 1 that the con artists behind Loose Change were only in it for the money. Even if they only make $1 per copy, they're still making a huge killing becuase Wal-Mart buys everythign by the ton. Between that and the $14.95 t-shirts they're selling off their web site, Avery must be pulling in close to six figures.

When you start seeing, "investigate 9/11" dog food and "investigate 9/11" back scratchers, that's when you'll know they went too far.

Dave, please check the facts that I just posted for you. If you have any facts that contradict what I have posted, I would love to see them.
admin edit removed snide remark

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Springer]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
Dave, please check the facts that I just posted for you. If you have any facts that contradict what I have posted, I would love to see them. Otherwise you are full of crap.

What facts are you looking for, that Dylan Avery is making a buck off the gullible truthers by running a virtual shopping mall of Conspiracy trinkets on his web site? All you need to do is look at his web site-

Loose Change 2nd edition: $14.95

Loose Change: An American coup: $17.99

"Investigate 9/11" bumper stickers (per 100): $49.99

"Investigate 9/11" t-shirt: $12.94

"Investigate 9/11" baseball cap: $10.47

The Loose Change Soundtrack: $7.48 (on sale)

Loose Change: Final cut poster: $3.45

Loose Change (dubbed in German) 10 pack: $49.50

The Loose Change trilogy (including the two earlier, "bad" ones): $22.48

Simply hand over your money to them for no reason: $5 (min) to $1000 (max)

Dude, all I can do is show you the facts, so unless you can show me how you're "exposing the secret gov't plot" by buying the soundtrack CD to Loose Change, the facts show that Dylan Avery is a con artist. You're going to have to open your eyes to what the hell is going on around you on your own, so if you still can't comprehend the idea that Dylan Avery is a con artist, then I can't help you.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by GoodOlDave]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Let's not be too hard on Avery here. A guy's got to make a living somehow. His cash cow dried up a little over a year ago, when he became useless for furthering their agenda.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
No "Loose Change" video. But I found "Popular Mechanics" in the magazine section.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Dave, please check the facts that I just posted for you. If you have any facts that contradict what I have posted, I would love to see them. Otherwise you are full of crap.

What facts are you looking for, that Dylan Avery is making a buck off the gullible truthers by running a virtual shopping mall of Conspiracy trinkets on his web site? All you need to do is look at his web site-

The fact that he is not making a dime off of the seven dollar walmart dvd. Nice attempt and altering the discussion but I was not talking about his website. I was pointing out that his movie is public domain which means it is free and means that since he is not selling it at walmart, someone else is. Try sticking to the topic and see if you can have an actual discussion.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

why do you consider loose change to have ruined any real chance for a re-investigation?

Because it was a juvenile, irreverent video that focused on the more questionable or laughable 9/11 conspiracy theories and made tons of factual errors, even as Avery has admitted such. The video became popular, overshadowing more serious, legitimate queries and questions. Ultimately, attracting and promoting the lunacy that seem to be the main course of 9/11 truth nowadays.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The fact that he is not making a dime off of the seven dollar walmart dvd. Nice attempt and altering the discussion but I was not talking about his website. I was pointing out that his movie is public domain which means it is free and means that since he is not selling it at walmart, someone else is. Try sticking to the topic and see if you can have an actual discussion.

Actually, I was going to abandon this discussion becuase, if it hasn't sunk in by now that Dylan Avery is a con artist with his blatant, "everything you know is wrong and I'll tell you 'the truth' if you give us your money" agenda, then there's nothing else I could possibly say that would make any difference. Then, I went back and noticed that it was Loose Change second edition being sold. THis is one of the BAD versions I.E. the earlier editions which Dylan Avery reedited to remove the conspiracy stories he doesn't support anymore. He's gone on to market the "Final" Edition and the "American Coup" edition after that so his breaking even from unloading his old stock onto Walmart is still a win-win scenario for him.

So what we have here is a college kid making internet videos in his dorm room, spreading every screwball conspriacy claim from "pods on the passenger jets" to "flight 93 landed in Ohio", who sells everything from baseball caps to t-shirts to asking for handouts outright on his web site, and who's now dumping obsolete copies of his flick that contains information that HE HIMSELF ADMITS IS WRONG onto Walmart. And yet, we're supposed to admire Avery becuase he's "interested in learning the truth".

My friend, you have to be one real hard core Kool Aid drinker to think THIS is how someone "interested in learning the truth" should behave. Sheesh, wake up.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Actually, I was going to abandon this discussion becuase, if it hasn't sunk in by now that Dylan Avery is a con artist with his blatant, blah blah blah blah

Yeah yeah, I get it. You have a problem reading thread titles. This thread is about a dvd of loose change that is for sale at walmart. Sorry you could not discuss the actual topic. Maybe start a new thread or just go away.

top topics

join