It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J. Patrick Bedell's ingfoeng work. What is this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I was looking up John Patrick Bedell, the guy who tried to take on the Pentagon this morning, and I found an article from mediaelites that had a brief history of his criminal record and work.

The article mentions a project he was working on called infoeng, which was described as "software for digital financial instruments (information currency) representing information". I went to the sourceforge link to the program, I looked at the abstract/proposals for the project, and to me, it didn't seem to have anything to do with software or finances. It seemed more about creating hardware or chipsets using DNA as some kind of anodizing catalyst molecule.

Here are the two abstracts that I found that were related to the infoeng project. I have no experience with or knowledge of genetic or electrical engineering, but these abstracts seem to be related to both. Mentioned in the first extract was the 'Smart Dust' project seeming to have something to do with creating nanomachines.

(these links are .pdf from sourceforge.net)

Aluminum Anodization for DNA Integrated Circuits by J. Patrick Bedell

The Capillary Electrode Array: A CMOS DNA Separation System by J. Patrick Bedell

I'm interested in learning what these abstracts are really proposing, but I lack the technical understanding to figure out for myself what this technology is or could be used for. If anyone with particular knowledge could take a look at these and tell me what you think, that would be appreciated. I'm going to go look up Smart Dust.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This is a bump. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Wow, bump.

The aluminum one I think has to do with integrating circuits to work like cyborgs with our biology.

Very interesting, will be picking at these papers for a while. Not enough time right now, but very very interesting.

Star and Flag.

edit to add: the aluminum paper, actually, I think has to do with using DNA for information processing. Much the same way Quantum Non-locality is being researched for superluminal data processing in computers. I am still unsure, haven't read enough yet most likely.

The goal of the proposed research is the demonstration, characterization, and optimization of
DNA adsorption on aluminum, in order to effectively utilize this phenomenon in commercial
integrated circuit systems.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by beebs]

[edit on 6-3-2010 by beebs]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
don`t let bedell and joe stack sory go away,there`s more to it

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It's been substantiated that he did indeed request for a governmental grant from the DIC for $30,000 for 1000 hours of work for "Anodized aluminum bonded to DNA" or some such. He was denied.

Check this Wiki that he made for his project which gives more info:
en.wikiversity.org...

His video explains it here:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 6-3-2010 by seattletruth]

[edit on 6-3-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

That is an interesting video. I have to say it could be explained better, but even so the idea is genius.

Not sure if he is the only one to have thought that, but it is pretty much my first time hearing the idea to make information into a currency.

It already kind of works that way, but still the bad information holds the biggest market shares.

Definitely doesn't seem like a guy to flip out and try to go shoot at the Pentagon...

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
As I read the abstracts, I could tell that there was nothing there that could even be considered sensitive enough to make someone dead over, so this particular thread has absolutely nothing to do with conspiracy theory.

However, I still think the guy was a little too smart to try to attempt such an ill conceived plan as a frontal assault on the Pentagon.

Bedell had some good ideas. He was obviously a smart man. It seems he did have some paranoid leanings, and I think it's been firmly established that he's done some drugs in his time. Not to say that smoking some pot could push someone to do what it seems he did, but if he smoked it pretty frequently, he could have convinced himself of some strange things. Like maybe he could single handedly take on the Man.

It's obvious that he had what was necessary to achieve academic success, but when it came to action, particularly in a tactical sense, he just didn't have it.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The Information Currency thing is a bad idea, if such a thing came to be it would be used and abused. The other stuf though is intresting especially the DNA integrated circuit. After reading more abouth him, it looks as if his conceptions of the world was out of tune, but he was not crazy or deranged he seems normal and passionate about his ideas, and some are very good ideas. Its sad he died for a misunderstanding.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DeltaChaos

CNN's talking about smart dust today... edition.cnn.com... A+rss%2Fedition_technology+(RSS%3A+Technology) Saw it on my RSS feed and immediately came here, searched posts to see if anyone had posted about it yet and there's plenty of mentions but no one started a thread about Smart Dust, but I'm going to share here where we're already talking about it. Feel free to start a thread about smart dust if it's necessary, just give credit where credit is due =)

top topics

join