It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Career criminal racks up 126 arrests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Career criminal racks up 126 arrests

www.krqe.com

Albuquerque police said they're outraged at the justice system after they arrested a man for the 126th time on Thursday.

[Kevin] Garner’s first arrest in Albuquerque dates back to 1985.

Garner’s long list of charges included aggravated burglary, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, auto theft, extortion, kidnapping, false imprisonment, assault on a police officer, bribery of a witness, child abuse and drug-dealing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Even in a state where some people have dozens of DWI arrests, this is something of shocker.

One hundred and twenty six arrests in a 25 year period and not just petty crimes. This guy ranks up there with some of the nation's most prolific and notorious criminals. I guess you have to have robbed a bank at least once to really make the bigs.

How does this happen? Well, in New Mexico, we have judges who have been arrested for drug possession and all manner of corruption charges, so that might be something to explore, but as yet nothing has been revealed to suggest that this guy got special treatment, so we'll have to see how this shakes out.

One thing is for sure, this guy had no business on the street. He was cooking meth in a neighborhood of families with young children and his business was attracting a large clientele.

Those who think that drug use is a victimless crime should consider the collateral activities that drug use and trafficking engender and how those activities affect the innocent.

Everyone interviewed expressed outrage, but where was the outrage 100 arrests ago?

I don't know, but this guy is not the only recidivist roaming our streets even if he ranks among the most prolific. Here in Albuquerque, the new mayor, Richard Berry, has put a high priority on property criminals, whom the left often dismiss as not worth locking up.

I'm not sure that this case is related to this latest crackdown, but I'm glad that someone is finally acknowledging that those who commit property crimes really are criminals and deserve punishment.

Is there a conspiracy here? I think so. Even if there was no concerted effort to shield this man specifically, he is the beneficiary of a trend toward leniency in the judicial system. That trend constitutes a conspiracy against the public and one that the public should demand change.

www.krqe.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2010/3/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I think, say...after the 60th arrest, someone should mention that the whole arrest/crime/punishment thing isnt working very well for this chap and start handing out mandatory max sentences...or get him some therapy...or at the very least pen in a new fetish in the wiki...Arrestarotica

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
While I don't condone this man's behavior, I have to say that to me he doesn't fit the bill of a career criminal á la Soros, Geithner, Buffet or the Bushes.

Now those are career criminals, and this chap is a mere street criminal.

Sure he's an anti-social a-hole, and he endangered the lives of his neighbors with his meth lab, but c'mon, this is hardly a criminal compared with many other (respectable, nobel peace prize winning) people.

In my opinion, something can be a crime even if it has the official backing of the Law.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Pianist

Now those are career criminals, and this chap is a mere street criminal.

Surely, you jest.

N'cest pas?

Oh, I get it.

You just jump at any opportunity to make a irrelevant political comment.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

he should have a career change, 126 and he still doesnt realise that he is just rubbish at crime

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I wonder out of all those arrests how many convictions they had. Something is seriously wrong with the DA.

I could really use his attorney.

I am not sure how long stories like this will continue and at the same time people who are busted with small amounts of drugs in some states spend 25 plus years in Prison.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I lived in Albuquerque. The best weather in the US I think. The WORST crime.
That is why I moved out of there. It was bad. I was shot at on the freeway,
broke into, tires slashed, car shaving creamed, you name it. Not to mention all the arson out there.

Suspected a meth lab in the apartment next door, called detectives and they would not do a darn thing . They finally got evicted and the plumbing was trashed as it was a meth lab. My apartment always smelled like cat Pi** , from the vents at night. I knew what it was.

It does not surprise me one bit. They know they can get away with it there, so they flock there.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by amatrine]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
I lived in Albuquerque. The best weather in the US I think. The WORST crime.

You're right about the weather and while the crime is bad, it is nowhere near the worst. I just hope Berry's initiative makes things better.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Surely, you jest. N'cest pas? Oh, I get it. You just jump at any opportunity to make a irrelevant political comment.

My comment was about the definition of crime. I think it's a crime to have personal wealth of billions hoarded up in bank accounts while people starve to death, even though by Law it's legal.

I was trying to point out the irony and hypocrisy of using "the Law" to bring justice when that Law is unjustly viewed as the will of the people to begin with.

Sure this guy is out of line, but what are his crimes compared to those of the Super-Rich?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
its pretty ridiculous and absurd this guy can get arrested 126 times yet some people with a few traffic tickets can have their lives ruined by thousands of dollars in fines and license revocation

the governments of the world have completely failed miserably

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by THELONIO

he should have a career change, 126 and he still doesnt realise that he is just rubbish at crime

Haha
That made me laugh!

On a more serious note however how on earth a man can commit 126 crimes and still not be in prison is beyond me?!?!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Y u crying about me being arrested 126x's?? Im the one that has to eat bologna every time I go to jail waiting for them to post bail on some bogus charges!! How about being accused of having a chop shop and not one stolen car on my property...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Stand up for your gay rights and realize that just because the news reports there was a "meth lab and chop shop", doesn't mean meth lab and chop shop it means they are harrassing a tax paying citizen that has already done time on his past crimes. I will be posting photos of my house as soon as the city take their thumb out of their a-hole! Then maybe you would appreciate a house visit from these story tellers and their cheer leader Darren White "the queen of public safety".

new topics

top topics

join