It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DACREGATE

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I have seen a massive decline in media ethics since the Millenium, and it's about time action is taken.

I would like to quote a friend of mine who recently posted the following to my 'facebook':-

"It is impossible to deny the media's influence on peoples perceptions and behaviour in today's society. The media has huge power, yet uses it very irresponsibly. I'm glad your highlighting the media money orientated monster that substitutes truths and morals for sales and shock tactics."

Some months back, I created the thread "I believe over 1,000 people were murdered due to the actions of a UK newspaper". I have created this new thread because that thread has become somewhat long, and I wanted to expand to discuss many other media organisations too.

Please, please, see my Youtube debut where I discuss the knife crime/homicide incitements of the Daily Mail newspaper between July 2001 and September 2009. If you think other people need to know about this, please tell them to find it on youtube, and let's get these matters known about worldwide by a lot of people! www.youtube.com...

Further serious allegations will be made later in this thread against:-

BBC TV, ITV, The Daily Mirror, The Daily Telegraph, The Daily Mirror, amongst others.

For your reference - Daily Mail actually published, where knife cacophemisms have been slipped in to the newspaper:-

"This coming week marks the first anniversary of Brown's premiership - and the knives are being sharpened."

"The knives are being sharpened for the Health Secretary."

"In the wake of the credit crunch, however, the knives are out."

"Also nowadays if a high profile person gets it wrong the knives are out for them."

"So the knives are out for him big time. Alistair Darling and Ed Balls."

"The knives are out, the blood is flowing. Won't be long, now."

"The knives are out: The knife-thrower throws daggers at Oksana."

(some time back):- "However, Labour and the Liberal Democrats said it showed the "knives are out" for the Tory leader."

"In the kitchen, temperaments are frying, knives are out in every sense."

"I think you'd struggle at the moment - the knives are out, polished, sharpened, and I think we are a lesser country for it."

City News headlines:- 'Knives are being sharpened', and 'Barclays' Knives'

Sport article body texts:-

"The jeers of the crowd were assailing his ears and, in the background, he could hear the sound of knives being sharpened."

"As the knives were being aimed at Avram Grant with the body of his side still warm, John Terry made a secret vow to breath new life into Chelsea"

"And the knives are out. Blood-letting is imminent, we hear, when the Government calls in British Olympic Association heads next week to demand an ..."

"Suddenly, the knives come out and the dimly lit, tree-lined streets around the Olympic Stadium become the scene for a sinister game of dare, ..."

"Watch the knives come out for him when Man City go through a bad run of results. The expectation to win something will lead to impatience.."

"Martin has seen the writing on the wall now so he should watch his back and have another job lined up when the knives come out again."

"I am not the most patient guy in the world." Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric after giving under-fire boss Alain Perrin the vote of confidence. Sharpened knives anyone?"

'Blair buddy puts knife in Brown' (Double Page spread)

'Doctors have knives out for kitchen tools.' The article explains that the tools referred to are kitchen knives)

'Who will wield the knife?' (Double Page spread)

'Knives are out' (The headline in Peter Hitchen's column printed mid knife amnesty, arguing that the amnesty would be a complete failure). Youngsters tell me that "knives are out" means "get the knives out".

'Knives are out for Orliath'

'After a week to forget, the knives are out'

'Why the BBC's knives are out for Osborne, Mandy is getting away with murder'

'Romeo and Juliet: Knives are out for a roving Romeo'

'Knives are out for marriage'

'The knives are out for Gordon after poll disaster in Glasgow'

'Usmanov's knives out for Gunners in Moscow talks'

'Now the knives are out for Mrs Obama'

'Knives out for Labour's 'golden couple'

'Knives are weapon of choice for violent criminals', new figures reveal (any surprise after all these headlines?)

'Knives are in youngsters' DNA,' minister warns [as it's revealed A&E treats 38 stab victims a day] (is it any surprise?)

'The abyss facing us on knives'

'Knives out for Ancelotti...' (similar headline was used by the Daily Mirror on the same day)

'Knives out: Delia Smith attacks 'foul-mouthed' Gordon Ramsey'

'Knives out for Brown's aide'

'Tom Parker Bowles gets the knives out'

'Labour loses as knives out for Tory leader'

'Day of long knives as jobs cut'

'Knives are out for Charlie'

'Knives are out for Goldsmith...'

'Knives and forks out for Ming'

'Record numbers found carrying knives'

'Knives are out for Lord Levy as Blair rift grows'

'Now the Whitehall knives come out for the honest general'

'Night of frocks and knives' [TV Showbiz]

'KNIVES OUT FOR CAMILLA'

'Knife deaths at record 6 a week'

'Day of the long knives at City Hall as Boris axes 120 jobs'

'Now they will stab him in the front'

'THE SHADOW OF THE KNIFE' (Front Page headline)

'KNIVES OUT FOR GORDON RAMSAY' (Double page spread)

'KNIVES ARE OUT FOR ALESHA' (Double Page spread)

'KNIVES ARE OUT FOR GORDON BROWN' (Front Page headline - it was the very first time that the Daily Mail used the knives are out metaphor in headlines, July 2001)

'Why no one (apart from Charles Clarke) is rushing to put the knife into Mr. Brown'

'Cameron plans his own night of the long knives'...

(Please do not commit knife crime)

I believe a heck of a lot of "knife crime", and other violent crime that did not involve knives, had been "created" in our country, and throughout the world.

I do hope you would like to watch my video which is at:- www.youtube.com...

[edit on 4-3-2010 by TheDailyPlanet]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
YouTube links will be provided soon. Will be posted before 1am - GMT. Sorry they were removed earlier due to technical problem.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by TheDailyPlanet]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The videos will be uploaded as soon as possible, sorry I let you down by failure to post by 1am as advised, due to technical difficulties.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
The Daily Mail surely must go out of business.

I phoned Lucy, yesterday, the PA to the Managing Editor of the Daily Mail, and I said exactly the following:-

"The link between knife metaphors and homicide and knife crime has been utterly proofed."

She replied, by repeating what I had said

that "The link between knife metaphors and homicide and knife crime had been utterly proofed."

She then said "OK, Peter. Bye", and I said "Goodbye."

Then, hours later the Daily Mail got the "knives out" in their article again.

So, I think the honourable thing is that they should consider something like paying me money to take DMGT plc. off their hands.

Martin Morgan has been incompetent in reigning in Dacre from inciting in his newspaper. Martin Morgan is the Chief Executive of this Company, Daily Mail General Trust PLC.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I think that it's just a figure of speech. A verbal expression to give an 'IMMAGINEARY' visual discription/statement of intent. A matter of opinion!
Or quite easily, a Metaphor.

I dont think by saying something like - "The knive's are out for Jhon Terry" would promote or even glamourise the use of knive's.
The only thing it does is use the word Knife!
On that basis, I suppose that saying "Man cut out of car" would make you have the visualisation that the Firebrigade would have attended a car crash, with a scissor's.

And I suppose all metaphore's should be banned, because they dont actually portray the truth?

Where as their used by writter's to get a discriptive point across to the reader.

This is making a mountain out of a mole hill... Hmm.., or should I say, there's a lot of feather's, but not much chicken.. Or there is a vacancy at the Grey Matter Hotel? Or wait, these are Euphemisms.. Should we try to get them banned also?

Just another example of the P.C. Brigade.

And I havn't seen many ''HOODIE'S'' walking around with knive's whilst reading the Daily Mail/Daily Mirror/e.t.c.
...Do they secretly read the tabloid's when their not out causing chaos? I was alway's under the impression they couldnt read, hence the theiving!?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Knife homicide now carries a minimum term of 25 years imprisonment as put in place by Government leglislation 3 days ago. This, despite the fact that Moira Stewart announced on the news in 1991, that the Government of the time was considering stiffer sentences for knife crime offenders in the wake of the murder by knife of a policeman. Now, finally, the leglislation has been done - it should have been done in 1991.

But, knife homicide does not happen anymore as is shown in my ticker-tape newsfeed.

Here is the link to 'notknivesout' at

"Murders by knife after deployment of knife metaphor"

www.dailymail.co.uk...

or search Google world results for "Murders by knife" and select the third one down in the displayed search result.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Posted to 'Murders by knife after deployment of knife metaphor' thread, and copy pasted below in case the post does not get through [moderated discussion]:-

Oh, "ha ha ha ha ha ha", but here's a piece of information - The knives have been put away in real life.

And here's another piece of information told to you in the interests of prevention of knife crime:-

The person was engaged in a plan to commit suicide.

One person had been reading the Daily Mail, and they were depressed, and they said they had seen several headlines incorporating knife metaphors, which they had misunderstood completely. The 16 year old proceeded to take a kitchen knife from his parent's kitchen, and wandered the town streets with the knife (at 10.30pm). The police then found him and arrested him, and he said the reason he was carrying the knife was because he wanted to commit suicide.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Esrom you said:- On that basis, I suppose that saying "Man cut out of car" would make you have the visualisation that the Firebrigade would have attended a car crash, with a scissor's.

Esrom, I know you are wrong. Because the man was not cut out with a pair of scissors, now was he. Knives are knives, knives had been established to refer to 'weapon knives' in my opinion by the headline "Knives are out for [kitchen knives] kitchen tools". So, when I see the knives headlines, and knife euphemism pepperings in article body text, I shudder.

Knives are out is for spreading on buttered toast is the solution - that's exactly what was said by George Alagiah on the BBC national news, for those who have become confused, after consultation with an expert on Angular Gyrus Disorder. That's what it said on the news last night.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by TheDailyPlanet]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Testimony was sent to the Daily Mail in June 2006, that these headlines were catalysts for knife crimes (from an ex knife crime criminal), but despite over 10 letters since July 2001, Mr. Paul Dacre, the Chief Editor still did not listen. Generally every time a special delivery complaint was sent in 2001, the complaint was ignored - knife cacophemism headlines were used MORE, and more people were murdered.

Here are the link to the videos, currently only available on facebook on a public access account (sorry currently unable to upload to the Youtube but efforts are ongoing):-

www.facebook.com...#!/video/video.php?v=1337585718720

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Quote from my letter to the Daily Mail on 11th January 2005:-

"With growing 'knife culture' problems in Britain, I believe it would be essential to stop all and sundry seeing this type of phrase as an acceptable use of the English language".

Sunday 16th January 2005, the Mail on Sunday then printed:-

NO 10 KNIVES COME OUT FOR 'POISONOUS' BROWN ALLY

"Knives come out" was printed no less than 4 times in the month of March 2005, including "Knives come out again" (double-page spread).

"Swords come out" was printed and someone was murdered with a sword within a week of this headline [Other information is on the internet about Woman murdered by sword after Independent newspaper cartoon sword murder graphic with Gordon Brown]

"Knives come out" was published on Thursday 1st February 2007, and a few days later a 15-year old was killed with a knife, again resultantly reported to Daily Mail readers.

"Now they will stab him in the front" January 8th 2006, the article by the editor of the Spectator for the Mail on Sunday. I wrote to him to say that these kinds of headlines normalize violence, but again the Special Delivery letters had no effect.

"Yet still the knives are out for marriage" was Peter Hitchen's column of June 4th 2006.

The 'record' was "Knives are out for .... " small headline printed on the far right column of the right hand page, just 4 days later, 6-7 people were stabbed to death with knives in a single day.

When I was at school, knife crime was not a serious, historically practically daily occurence. The late Sir David English edited the Daily Mail back then, and under his editorship the Daily Mail never used language such as "Knives are now out" - as quoted from a historical issue of the Daily Mail.

Quote from Robin Esser's letter of 2006 after receiving a letter before of obfuscation:-

"I will certainly put out a note to the effect that such phrases can be unhelpful in the fight against violence. We can but start to change."

But after a pause of a few months, the knife metaphors had returned with greater than ever frequency. Search "KNIFE OBSESSION OF THE DAILY MAIL" for more information about this.

The Evening Standard newspaper (still, like Channel 4 News, partly owned by Daily Mail General Trust plc.) printed “Knives come out for Michael Grade” in their article on the 7th December '06. Three days later a man was stabbed to death in Hackney, and it was reported on Sunday 15th February '07 how another 15-year old boy has been killed with a knife, only a few days after the Daily Mail printed its latest “The Knives come out” gleaming headline on page 12 on Friday 12th February '07.

I know for a fact from speaking to relevant people, that DMGT plc. is now "running on the overdraft", with their bankers NatWest.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by TheDailyPlanet]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The Independent has now moved into the same office building as the Daily Mail, so as to save costs, as the Independent too "runs on the overdraft" after about 5 defaults on bonds exceeding £100million to investors, subsequent to Sir Anthony O'Reilly relinquishing control of his newspaper conglomerate Independent News & Media to his son Gavin O'Reilly. Subsequent to Gavin O'Reilly taking over IN&M Global, the telephonist operators are now shared between the two newspapers, and occasionally when you ring the Independent switchboard, having been moved away from the Isle of Dogs, in the Docklands, you are greeted with "Associated Newspapers", which should be the greeting for callers to the switchboard of the Daily Mail on 0207 938 6000 or +44 207 938 6000. Gavin O'Reilly is based at Independent News & Media Dublin, the location of the holding company of IN&M Global. I had dealings with Ivan Fallon, the Chief Executive of Independent News & Media (UK) Limited, prior to Gavin O'Reilly's reorganisation involving the appointment of Roger Alton as Editor of the Independent but he retired, and now concentrates on his telecoms ventures etc. - I wish him well. Many of the Independent's unknown daily circulation are now copies given away free of charge, which is covered by the advertisers. We owed IN&M London about £2,500 some time back but took the decision not to pay, and they wrote it off after my correspondence with Mr. Fallon in respect of an unpaid £11,700 invoice owed to Vissure Media Communications by the Independent group - which they NEVER PAID. I sent their company a £11,700 credit note to save them the embarassment of their own then editor's failings, Simon Kelner. (He used my ideas as front page headlines of his newspaper, without bothering to credit me or pay me for them).

[edit on 6-3-2010 by TheDailyPlanet]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Please can I have some input from other forum users on this one:

The Daily Mail printed in it's newspaper "Sharpened knives anyone?" as a statement in a football context, which I saw lead to two (or maybe considerably more) murders.

If they had printed "Shall we stab him?" that would have been illegal.

Why is it that "Sharpened knives anyone?" is OK?

Or does ANYONE agree with me - that printing "Sharpened knives anyone?", and then printing about 2 subsequent murders (that's what my data shows) is NOT OK AND IN FACT HIGHLY ILLEGAL, due to it apparently (if I am to be believed), leading to 2+ murders (already committed).

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Daily Mail share price has leaped 2.7% in one day.

May I make something very clear - I am AGAINST knife culture, and stabbing, and if anyone is next to be stabbed for the Daily Mail readers, make it me, because I can't go on with a single further stabbing, and the alternative is Beachy Head, which I will not currently even consider.

If I am now told there is something wrong with me requiring eg imprisonment, or I am now "taken away", I swear to you I will commit suicide, without revocation on that oath. If not, my posts and mood will return to exactly as it was before.

I advocate that Mr. Dacre is a MONSTER.

Do you understand English? "KNIVES ARE OUT FOR GORDON BROWN" Front Page headline July 2nd 2001 - that is the day that knife culture was born in the UK.

Will I be the next to be stabbed to death?

Why not. Do I even care anymore.

Make it bloody, blood and guts of my body splattered all over the floor, to fulfil Mr. Dacre's vision (and it has been proved - Lord Rothermere's) of total world domination with knives.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
"Murder a prostitute" (Jeremy Clarkson, BBC1) - Two prostitutes were murdered.

"The Knives are out. Nick Robinson. BBC." - Led to at least 3 murders, possibly up to 6.

"Rape Girl, Stoned to Death" FULLY CONFIRMED Daily Mirror headline, led to rape of 14 year old, by group of feral youths, stoned on marijuana.

"After a week to forget, the knives are out" - FULLY CONFIRMED Daily Mail Page 11 May 1st. led to confirmed murder of pregnant woman and her unborn child.

"Spice girls are AXED from Live 8" by Richard Wallace, editor of the Daily Mirror - led to murder of Anthony Walker same day. it has been FULLY CONFIRMED that this is this case. (The word AXED had been printed in Red so as to create metaphorical ambiguation)

More cases to follow.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
PUBLICATION OF CORRESPONDENCE DURING THE LAST 8 YEARS WILL NOW BEGIN BEGINNING WITH SIR ALAN'S LETTER TO ME OF 5TH OCTOBER 2009

THE RIGHT HONORABLE SIR ALAN HASELHURST M.P.
Deputy Speaker, Member of Parliament for Saffron Walden, and Chairman of Ways & Means. House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA.

5th October 2009

P.Dew, Esq.

Dear Peter,

Thank you for coming to see me at my Surgery in Saffron Walden on 2nd October about your concern over the prominent use of newspapers of knife metaphors.

I understand your strength of feeling on this subject. Nevertheless, as I suggested to you, there are two principal points to consider. Whilst I recognise where you are coming from in terms of violent crimes appearing to follow knife headlines in the press, I do not think that you have sufficient objective and statistical evidence to demonstrate conclusively that the one follows the other [I HAVE ABOUT 300 PIECES OF SUCH INFORMATION. I'M "NEXT"]. Secondly, even if you could prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that what you are saying is right, I am not clear what could be done about it. [ER, DER, ENFORCE LEGLISLATION AGAINST INCITEMENT TO VIOLENCE/MURDER]. The expressions to which you object are part of everyday parlance [NOT TO ALL THE KIDS I SPEAK TO] and it beggars belief that Parliament would try to introduce legislation to enforce a prohibition of words being used in a particular context. [IT BEGGARS BELIEF TO ME THAT THE GOVERNMENT OF 1991 LOOKED AT INCREASING KNIFE CRIME SENTENCES, BUT THEN FOUND THEY COULDN'T BE BOTHERED] This would be an interference in free speech of extraordinary severity. [BUGGER THE HOMICIDE]

In any case many people might argue that, if we are to follow a restrictive path, there are many other things which might demand prior attention. Some content to be found on the internet and in video games come to mind. [NO, THESE SHOULD BE ADDRESSED IMMEDIATELY, CONCURRENTLY]

I am sorry therefore that I could not give you a great deal of encouragement. I recognise that you are trying to tackle a serious subject, but I honestly feel that to fasten on to the question of use of language is only a very small part of the overall picture.

Yours sincerely,

Alan Haselhurst MP.

Email:- [email protected]

Me to Alan during face to face interview "The headline 'Rape girl, stoned to death' " led to the "gang-rape" of a 14-year old by a group of feral youths.

"I think you'd have a very hard time indeed proving that", said Sir Alan, staring me straight in the eye, and, quite frankly, advising me to drop the matter.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
REF:- ONE OF MY TRADING DIVISIONS ADVERTISEMENTS WITH THE TIMES NEWSPAPER, LONDON.

Inter-Credit International Ltd.
4th Floor, South Point House, 321 CHASE Road, Southgate, London, N14 6JT UK.
Registered in London since 1970 No. 1024737

Mr. Peter Dew (Accounts),
Peter Dew - Music

March 25, 2009. Ref:- NIA996/4354804

Dear Mr. Dew,

Re: Our Client News International (Advertisements) Ltd
OUTSTANDING AMOUNT OF £11,181.08

Your failure to discharge the above debt or provide proof of payment has left us with no alternative but to take court proceedings to secure our clients position.

A copy of our file has today been passed to our solicitor with instructions to commence legal proceedings to recover the full outstanding account. Court charges, solicitors costs and interest will be added to our clients claim.

Proceedings are to commence seven days from the date of this letter.

Instructions will only be withdrawn upon receipt of payment at these offices before that date.
Telephone these offices upon receipt of this notice, quoting the above reference so that your intention to pay may be noted. [This is an important point to note to anyone who ever has bills to pay where there may be a delay, or where there is a dispute - don't bury your head in the sand].

If you have made payment directly to our client within the last 3 days, please also contact the above number with payment details.

Yours sincerely,

K.King (unsigned even on a matter of £11k!)

Litigation Officer

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Disputed account £11,500 (disputed in full) News International Ltd. (Dec'08) - sorry for delay in contact‏
Sent: 02 December 2009 14:35:42 (My 33rd birthday)
To: [email protected]
For the attention of Robert Anthony.

Dear Robert,

I am very sorry for the delay in communication.

Here are the summarized particulars of my dealings with News International Ltd. in respect of the full account of circa £11,500:-

£5,500 up-front was paid to the Times. £3,600 was spent on 2 adverts. The resultant turnover was £9.99.

I then shut down that business immediately, rather than continue advertising it, and launched "smokenotar.com".

"smokenotar.com" had turnover of £5,500 in it's first 10 days in business, so initially the Times advertising appeared to have begun to work.

However, a mistake by Scott Benfold (who otherwise was great) meant that a 13cm x 3 cols advert changed to a 13cm x 7 cols advert, and a corporate image change was thrown up in about 3 hours flat.

Then, advertising continued, and the phone response to our number 0800 0845 001 from Times readers, became less than 1 phone call per hour. Each day, the ad spend (now on account) was £1,000 per day, and turnover was average £70 per day.

Then, I contacted the Editor of the Sun, Rebekah Wade, re the link between her newspaper's (as editor at the time) headline on page 2 "MP'S QUEUE UP TO KNIFE BROWN", and the upsetting murder that afternoon of Stephen Bigby in Oxford Street, London.

Rebekah Wade then went onto my facebook profile (which she was welcome to do because it is public), and took our "Campaign to Stop Shanking on Facebook" of which I was Acting Joint Chief Officer to the front page of the Sun (two days later), without reference to the origination of the campaign or payment to me (newspaper physical copy sales c£1mil/per day and this was a headline from me) - which was the Campaign to Stop Shanking on Facebook. (a ghastly term which the Daily Mail said was a term youngsters have used for 'stabbing' - which I hope to God stops).

Back at the Times, we put together a "Christmas Spectacular" that was carefully planned, and the £1,000 per day ads - though yielding very poor turnover - were acting as a buildup to the grand Saturday (when the Times sells many more copies) when the "incredible offer" of "the equivalent of 1,000 cigarettes tar-free including starter kit" @ £69.98 was to be unveiled, carefully priced for the financial meltdown going on at that time, to yield maximum turnover at a still profitable price.

The grand day arrived, and the advert had been withdrawn, I was never given an explanation why.

I honestly estimate that this cost the business between £7,000 - £15,000 in lost revenue, and much more in goodwill.

I will gladly send Rebekah Wade, now Chief Executive of News International Ltd., an invoice for c£11,500 (nothing to pay) if the contra account will be helpful for News International Ltd.'s accounting, for origination of her front page story.

Furthermore, The Times withdrew my pre-paid 'open letter' to Mr. Paul Dacre, Chief Editor of the Daily Mail. Mr. David Chappell, Managing Editor of the Times, assured me on the telephone the Friday night 8pm before publication that as part of the deal for withdrawing my £1,800 open letter, Mr. Dacre would telephone me to answer the serious allegations personally, but he never did.

The allegations pertained to obsessive use of knife metaphor cacophemisms in newspaper headlines such as "Knives were out", and how the newspaper (The Daily Mail) should strive to print no murder in it's newspages.

Yours sincerely,

Peter Dew.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Peter, I think you know from previous posts that I absolutely agree with you, if you remember.

I admire your tenacity, and your intelligence, insight, and sensitivity in trying to call attention to this situation.

But most people are just simply not going to "get it".

"It's just words, just an expression". This is what you are going to get.

I don't know what else to tell you. You have tried. Nobody is listening.

I understand, I do, but at the same time I have no optimism that there is anything I can personally do to correct this, and God knows you have tried.

With this, literally slapping people in the face, they refuse to accept it.
What of the more subtle messages?
Sigh.

Don't let this grow into an obsession, or maybe I shouldn't say that. Just good luck to you, in however you intend to pursue these matters.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Ladyinwaiting, thank you for your brilliant, and kind post, which I found very useful.

Today's latest incitement in the nationals (amongst 5 others that I am having to deal with in my inbox) is from the Telegraph, by Will Greenwood, who writes:-

"Lose a match and the knives come out. Unfortunately, this week, I have to play Jack the Ripper."

And Charles Garside, Managing Editor of the Daily Mail, told me these expressions have been used by newspapers all the time. But the Daily Mail never used them as headlines prior to July 2nd 2001.

OK, so let's call up a newspaper from yesteryear - the Times of London, Wednesday, January 23rd, 1901, and have a look at their language, in a look at "language evolution":-

"While the history of the Queen's reign had to chronicle so many stirring and important events, the Queen's family life was a most happy one. Two more children had been born to the Royal pair since the Duke of Connaught's birth in 1850.........."

".......Of this marriage, as of the others in the Royal Family, it may be said that the first consideration which the Queen always took into view was the domestic welfare of her children. This is no mere conventional phrase. The private chronicles of the Court abound in examples of influential princes who came over to England intending to pay their suits to this or that Princess, but were rejected purely on their personal merits or demerits ........"

I've scanned dozens of old-school newspapers, not a knife metaphor cacophemism anywhere - not a knife crime anywhere either, because the phrase DID NOT EXIST IN EVERYDAY PARLANCE.

Why Telegraph print articles saying there is [was] knife crime every 4 minutes, wonder why - as far as you tell your readers, and then print (if the match is lost) "the knives come out", and that "this week", in the same sentence, "I'm playing Jack the Ripper", I quote tommorow's bloody Telegraph !

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
In what is believed to be a "fire sale" to avert bankruptcy, the Independent newspaper has TODAY been sold already to Lebedev Media Corp., a new player in the media field, however the price still has not been agreed even after the sale has been agreed ! That's what happens when you default on over £100million of bonds over FIVE times.

I am prepared to give Lebedev the opportunity of a fresh start subject only to 100% transfer of the assets of Independent News & Media (London) to Lebedev Media Corp., and incitement proceedings will STILL be filed against Independent News & Media (Global), owned by Gavin O'Reilly. If DMGT plc. retains a stake, then Independent News & Media (London) will still be sued, which means Lebedev's stake will already have been rendered worthless, after completion of our litigation which is now imminent.

The incitements relate to numeous knife metaphor cacophemism and dysphemism breaches, the homicide of several hundred people in a hotel by machine gun, and the incitement to murder a woman by sword, with cartoon graphic of Gordon Brown shown murdering a woman depicted half-naked, and a blank piece of paper slipped into the printing presses on an alternative page of the newspaper, which our lawyers will prove shows deliberate negligence or intention of (effective) incitement to murder by Mr. Roger Alton, (and, it may be proven, Mr. Simon Kelner, Managing Director, and Mr. Gavin O'Reilly, Publisher) resulting in the murder of a woman by sword (already committed) 2 weeks later.

Thread will be updated throughout the night with the latest developments, including releasing of more documents. Independent News & Media are locked in midnight talks right now to hammer out a deal on price for IN&M (London) before the UK stockmarket re-opens on Monday. Awaiting a call from one of my "moles" in London, off for Coffee break, and I'll be back later. Engineer advises that YouTube videos will DEFINITELY be up by 3am GMT

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join