It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage Is Legal in U.S. Capital

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
tell me 1 thing ... is it thought to you?
is it local group view?

wtf is wrong with you people with all these topics about gays ...

"gay agenda" - how did they come up with that one
etc.

all you refusers should be tested for mental heath

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
So on behalf of most straight guys who think this constantly, I'm just going to say it - two gay women: fine, whatever. Especially if they are good looking, most guys don't care.

Two gay guys - it's just nasty. Seriously. Two guys holding hands and snogging each other out in public? It's just seriously nasty. In Texas you will still get called out by people for that kind of public behavior to take it to the bedroom or to a house or something.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
So on behalf of most straight guys who think this constantly, I'm just going to say it - two gay women: fine, whatever. Especially if they are good looking, most guys don't care.

Two gay guys - it's just nasty. Seriously. Two guys holding hands and snogging each other out in public? It's just seriously nasty. In Texas you will still get called out by people for that kind of public behavior to take it to the bedroom or to a house or something.

and you'd be ok with your personal sexuality and libido determining the civil rights of other human beings? i think the answer is evident, just sayin'

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Two gay guys - it's just nasty. Seriously. Two guys holding hands and snogging each other out in public? It's just seriously nasty.

Just because you're not attracted to something doesn't mean it's nasty.

I'm not attracted to other men, but I don't find their love disgusting. Different people prefer different things. Surely you don't think we should all conform to the majority? I believe that would be called fascism.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Okay ----, first did I say anything about "determining civil rights" based on public shows of affection? No. It's an opinion. Mine.

Second, I know damn well my opinion is shared by a good many straight guys out there so if that truth hurts your delicate working parts then I'm truly sorry.

Gays may have be gaining the same civil rights but that doesn't make two men making a public spectacle of themselves any less disgusting to look at and I sure as hell wouldn't want my children seeing that crap. If they want to marry, fine - whatever. But take the PDAs into a private place. Just because something becomes socially acceptable doesn't mean all aspects of it are acceptable for public viewing.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by sos37]

[edit on 5-3-2010 by alien]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Two gay guys - it's just nasty. Seriously. Two guys holding hands and snogging each other out in public? It's just seriously nasty.

You know, for some of us, what you say here is "offensive" to hear and that's OK. But you have a real point. Most straight men are very uncomfortable seeing gay guys' PDAs or thinking of them having sex. But that has nothing to do with marriage. Unmarried gay guys can have PDAs.

But the point I wanted to make is my husband has a theory about WHY it's so disturbing for straight men to think about gay guys having sex or "snogging".

And that is, there is a component to the way guys' minds work: when presented with a sexual situation, men's brains automatically and unavoidably inject the thought that they could be involved in some way. This "I could be there" thought is not necessarily conscious, but it is there. This is why men in general are more turned on by erotic images - their minds go to the "I could be there" place. This is also why men in general are quite OK with the thought of two women. This "I could be there" thought is really pretty attractive. But when it's 2 guys, this thought repulses them.

This holds true when a straight man is presented with sexual situations involving gay men. Their minds still go to "I could be there", even though it's not a desirable thing. We can't always control our thoughts.

I thought that was very interesting and understandable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join