It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not sure how to handle this "ghost"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Alright, so I posted a thread a while back detailing what has happened in my apartment.

I have had several instances of water randomly showing up in places, almost constant sounds of "walking" around from the ceiling, figures being noticed, and overall feeling as if someone is there.

I had no worries at first really, just curiosity as nothing felt "malevolent", but as of the last 2 months, the walking around has transformed into stomping, rolling, and falling. I have also felt more and more uneasy.

Each night, over the past 2 months or so, when I go to bed and shut the door, within 5 minutes, it sounds as if something has run into/hit the door, not very loud, but enough to take notice and for me to think it's more then normal apartment noises. Part of why I think that is if I go in there and close the door without intention of going to sleep, the noise doesn't happen. I have had to pass most of these off to my girlfriend as the neighbor upstairs, and just creaks and such, but she notices the eerie feelings.

She has told me of several weird dreams, all involving me bailing on her, or me getting harmed. She always says she can't really remember them, which I believe, but they have gotten more frequent. I am also aware that this could just be her insecurities/fear, but feel it's part of the story.

On the same note, I have had ZERO dreams that I am aware of. This is odd because I've never gone this long without remembering a dream. Furthermore, I have woken up more then normal in the middle of the night, and feel as if I have not slept during the day.

Needless to say, I am starting to get very paranoid that this could be something more then a ghost, or if that, a ghost that isn't too happy anymore.

For clarification purposes, I notice the noises when my upstairs neighbor is not home. I checked with the office, and he has no registered pets or tenants. I waited one day until he had left for work and went upstairs and pounded on the door. No sound of animals, no sound of dog, no one came to the door. There was even a slight slit in the window that I could see through, and no one was in there, I could see into the bedroom and nothing there either, only place left to hide would be the kitchen, but I watched for quite a while.

I then thought maybe it's just sound transfer from HIS next door neighbors. So I waited until all 3 were gone (took 2 weeks of paying attention). I knocked on all 3 doors, no answer and no pets.

Last week, me and my girlfriend were watching a movie during the day and heard a loud door slam followed by the sound of stomping on the porch walkway upstairs. I looked out my window expecting to see someone storming off, but nothing. Then I heard it again. Followed by pounding. I went outside and no one was out there. I was really confused at this point. I went inside and got settled back in and again the same door slam and loud stomping. I jumped up ran outside, looked up, and again nobody was there. I knocked on the 3 doors closest to me (the noise led me to believe that was the only places it could come from) Two had been woken up by me,(college student and the guy over me who works evenings) and the other swears up and down it wasn't her and she didn't hear a thing until I started knocking on doors. I then went to each door in my building and no one heard the loud slamming.

I'm starting to think this is isolated to me, and I am either crazy, or there is something going on.

From the suggestion of others, I turned off and unplugged every appliance in my my apartment a while back, including the fidge, and still felt as if something was there. It was considerably weaker, but still there. At that point I put it off as ghost and didnt feel the need to continue bugging ATS with it.

But with these recent events, it's gotten me freaked again.

So, anyone have any idea what I can do? I'm not talking ouji-ing, but a way to figure out if this is just some POed ghost, or something more. I can deal with living with an angry ghost, but something more I'm not so sure of.

Thanks for reading, and in advance for any help.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
How old is your apt, and I wonder what the wiring is like. Go look up 'fear cage' and read up. What tipped me off to this was when you said you had turned everything off, but there was still a presence- just it was weakened considerably.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hey superman,

I replied to your orgional thread on the subject. Interesting to know that the experiences are still occurring.

I dont really have any advice for you, but as I said in the last thread, I have been/am experiencing very similar things in my apt. All the way down to the door slams and dreams.

I wish I could advise you, but at the very least I can say, I dont believe you are crazy(or at least if you are, so am I
)

[edit on 2-3-2010 by captaintyinknots]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Wow interesting same things here but 90% of the time ignore the sounds until I fall asleep.
I have blinds which lead to my balcony and I hear them move while I'm laying down but I know they aren't being moved by someone in this physical realm.
I was told I have an overactive imagination.

"try this when you feel the presence laugh and I mean it like laugh until you cry"

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Rebuke it in the name of Jesus Christ..that will send it on its way.

2nd option is just move. Good luck

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

From what you've desribed I would guess that it's a poltergeist. From Unexplained Mysteries of the 20th Century (Janet and Colin Bord, 1989):

"A rough literal translation of 'poltergeist' is 'noisy spirit'..."
"A poltergiest might first announce its presence by rapping or banging on the walls."

This book gives many accounts of experiences like this; banging sounds, objects moving by themselves, etc. Interesting book.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies.

cap'in, thanks for reading this one too. It settled down for a while but then all came back in spades.

wylekat, my apartment is pretty old, turns out my girlfriends mother lived there when she went to the college in this town. I'm guessing upwards of 40-50 years old. That's part of why I have been putting this off as just an old building creaking, it's just getting to frequent now.

I checked up on a fear cage and it is a very real possibility. I'll have to figure that one out. But does that account at all for the noises?

I'm about to really look into the history. It's a small town, so it's possible I could find stuff...also this used to be Indian country (still is in my book..but that's for a different day) I've often wondered if that could be the case.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Sounds very much like a Poltergeist. How old is your girlfriend? Does she have her sleep patterns disturbed in the night at all? Have you run an EMF Tri-Field meter throughout your apartment to see if there is shoddy wiring somewhere? It really does sound like a Poltergeist to me, but without being there to experience the feelings that you are having, I cannot say for certain. Try getting a hold of an EMF Tri-Field meter, and see what comes up. If it starts spiking consistently in the same place, then you have a wiring problem, and you may need to move to have this stuff stop.

One more suggestion: Maybe try going to a hotel with your girlfriend for a night, and stay there. If the sounds continue, try the same thing another night without your girlfriend, and if it still remains, you may have something latched on to you. In that case, you will probably want to contact a professional Medium/Psychic/Energy Worker come in and cleanse you and your apartment.

To the poster that said to use JC's name: It only works if you believe in that sort of thing. Those words have no weight if you do not believe. Besides, we all have the innate ability inside of us to rid our space of unwanted "guests." No supernatural zombie who is his own father is needed.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain Reynolds

Good point. Colin wilson's book Poltergeist is a good read but he does mention water patches. I have seen it flow up a wall once.

Get help and do not try anything by yourself. Also try for a quiet mind, be it praying or meditating accordin gto your personal belief system

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
Rebuke it in the name of Jesus Christ..that will send it on its way.

2nd option is just move. Good luck

Riiiiiiiigggghhhhttttt!

Because it's obviously a demon, right?

Sorry, but this kind of thing might work 'Paranormal State' (who seem to have an exorcism every other episode), but it's all for show and perpetuates outdated religious baggage that is totally unhelpful in these situations.

Just tell your ghost/spirit that you need to live without their interference. Works 99% of the time.
Seek the advice (it's free) from a local spiritualist society (preferably a non-Christian one). They'll listen without judging you or weighing you down with religious ritual and 'demons'.

The dead are not dangerous. It's the living you have to worry about.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

I starred you on that. Great post.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

First of all you need to come to the realization that you are not dealing with a ghost but a demon or demonic spirits.

When did all of this started happening? By finding this out perhaps it can help to isolate the cause of it. If a demon is in someone home because of an object in the home they won't leave until you get rid of it because they feel they own it. I would suggest that perhaps you do a little background research on the home to see if you find anything that stands out to you. Some demons are very territorial and if they feel they own a particular house or land they will try to compel the person to leave. I highly suggest that you also pray and ask Jesus Christ to protect you from all demons because he is the only one that can protect you. I have other suggestions in mind but I will wait until you respond back.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Ya know usually i dont agree with your angles have seen ya around however nothing personal at all. This i do share common ground with ya on ghosts seem to be real or at least something stays behind at my house by the stove i often see out of the corner of my eye what looks like heat escaping into cold air i catch it so often that my wife doesnt even think twice she tells freinds dont worry triples just looking at his ghost in the kitchen NO the oven is never on LOL have caught it in the hallway a handfull of times and feels as though its happy and lives with us when we first moved in it felt kinda like a stranger was watching.
At my shop we all have seen something coooky now and then when i stand in the service area i have often felt someone walk up on me my co worker hears childrenlaughing after hours and i tell ya theres one ghost here that definately seems pissed you can feel him stare you down when your in the wharehouse the other day i saw it KINDA and walked through it towards the door i got so cold and my feelings were that i walked right through something real.I dunno maybe i should get checked out.

Be Well

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Demons are a religious creation, like Satan or suchlike. They're not real. Praying to whichever deity you like isn't going to help. It might help you feel better about yourself, but it won't solve your problem. If you have faith, great. If not, oh well, no problem.

Poltergeists are not spirits (despite the translation), and they are definitely not demons. They are a manifestation of kinetic energy, usually from a young girl/woman.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

This must be driving you crazy and freaking you out, I dont know what to say really apart from I hope whatever it is, it goes away soon. I have had a few paranormal experiences over the years and am gonna share one of them with you all that happened to me a good 11 years ago. I was living at my mums at the time, and got into bed lay down shut my eyes and no more than 1 minuete later something grabbed my foot ( my feet were hanging out the duvet ) I kicked my leg it let go and I sat up so quick to see wtf was going on and there was this all black thing at the end of my bed just there it was big had the outline of a human I could see the head and shoulders no facial features or anything 5 seconds after I sat up it dissapeared right in front of my eyes I was freaked out and the thing is I didnt call to my mum or anything what came into my head to do was to ask god and the angels to protect me and its never happened since, for the record my feet have never hung out a duvet since, how I managed to go to sleep that night is beyond me, all I know is that I am in no doubt that beings from other dimensions exist, I am not crazy dont drink or take drugs never have, I know something grabbed my foot I dont care if people dont believe me or think I am mad let them I know what I felt and saw and know that reality is not all it seems and there are other beings out there.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
LOL. This isn't nessecarily demonic in nature. I tend to think that's unlikely. Instantly making the assumption it's supernatural much less demonic is irresponsible. Most of the occurrences are easily explained. Plumbing issues. Heat/ac issues. People walking outside of the apartments. It could be everyday mundane occurences coupled with EMF sensitivity. I'd like to see what the EMF levels are in your home. It could be supernatural, but most of these things can be explained away. If it makes you feel better find some items which you are 100% certain can't have a rational explanation. And lets work on that.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by climb

First of all you need to come to the realization that you are not dealing with a ghost but a demon or demonic spirits.

When did all of this started happening? By finding this out perhaps it can help to isolate the cause of it. If a demon is in someone home because of an object in the home they won't leave until you get rid of it because they feel they own it. I would suggest that perhaps you do a little background research on the home to see if you find anything that stands out to you. Some demons are very territorial and if they feel they own a particular house or land they will try to compel the person to leave. I highly suggest that you also pray and ask Jesus Christ to protect you from all demons because he is the only one that can protect you. I have other suggestions in mind but I will wait until you respond back.

Please refer to my first post. Invoking JC's name will NOT have ANY weight if you are not a Christian believer (and what if the spirit isn't a Christian or you don't believe the words you're saying? The spirit gets pissed off and throws a set of dishes at you). We ALL have the innate ability within ourselves to protect and shield ourselves from this phenomena.

And how are you so sure that it is a demon? Is it because the Bible says so? I am not going to get into a theological debate with you because it will inevitably become a stalemate. I have 20 years of experience dealing with the paranormal from simple residual hauntings all the way up to demonic. My experience holds a lot of weight in many paranormal circles, and the fact that people just default to it being a demonic haunting is ludicrous. Demonic hauntings are very, very, very rare and even when they do happen, it is easily remedied through a use of willpower and inner strength to rid the house of said demons (and maybe the help of a skilled Energy Worker/Medium/Psychic).

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaz490
Wow interesting same things here but 90% of the time ignore the sounds until I fall asleep.
I have blinds which lead to my balcony and I hear them move while I'm laying down but I know they aren't being moved by someone in this physical realm.
I was told I have an overactive imagination.

"try this when you feel the presence laugh and I mean it like laugh until you cry"

Exact same thing happening at my home. Wife and I watching tv and the blinds jerk suddenly and both of us witness this. It sounds like someone has run into them. Same room, a table suddenly jerked and moved with the sound that it had been run into. Our little girl says someone is poking her in the back while in bed. We have heard her through her monitor telling them to stop. I feel that I am being watched. Checked the windows, vents ect. Nothing to explain it. My wife said she saw a shadow bolt from over me when she walked in while I was sleeping. We tried the JC thing and its not working.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by liveandletlive]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
First of all, I really don't care what anyone's religious beliefs are, but, as it is on par here at ATS, I'm going to say this...don't attack them. My thread, I don't want that here. I know nobody has yet, but in the end, we have zero solid proof as to the existence of a deity.

Saying that, I am not a believer, so I would never invoke something I don't believe in, it is immoral and would be an insult if that deity exists. It'd be like only calling on someone when you NEED them.

Ok on to the responses.

Cap'in Reynolds, I will look into that, thank you very much.

truthseeker, I have spent nights at other places (family, friends, the normal couch hopping when I can't drive home) and I have no experiences there. But, I will do it again. I have a trip planned in a few weeks already.

She is 21. Any idea how I can get my hands on an EMF thing? And if it is a wiring thing it will really ease my mind.

climb, why do you feel it is a demon?

Badgered1, if it does continue after I make changes, I definitely will. I have a coworker who has an acquaintance that is a ghost hunter in the area. Apparently he does it for free/donations. I've considered getting him involved, but I also wanted to be more sure before hand. (I guess that is where I can find an EMF Meter. Also, when things were active before hand, I hand a "talk" with it while I was alone. I told it that, as long as it was a friendly spirit who hasn't moved on or meant zero harm to me, or anything else, now or in the past or future, that I didn't have a problem with it. But please stop freaking us out. At that point everything cooled off until recently.

triplescorpio, Indeed we do not always agree, but thank you for your post and recognizing we are all people under our opinions, no matter how wrong we think the other is. (BTW, love the SN and avatar)

restless genius, Your story reminded me of a part I have tried to forget because it is rather freaky. (I know I'm at risk of criticism of embellishing, but I forgot/blocked it out, take that as you will). About 3 weeks ago my girlfriend told me she had woken up in the middle of the night but couldn't move. She also says that the duvet was moving off the foot of the bed like it was being pulled. It stopped, but she was insanely freaked. I told her about sleep paralysis, and ensured her that it was probably gravity pulling the duvet. She didn't buy the gravity part though.

Again, thanks everyone. I'll be checking back periodically. Any questions or suggestions just post.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You can get an EMF Tri-Field meter by checking on Amazon, Ebay, or any other sort of wholesale website. Ghost hunters use them to detect the presence of spirits. While that claim has yet to hold water in the real scientific community, it seems to work.

The meter is actually used in the detection of electromagnetic radiation, and many electricians use them to ensure that they have wired a building properly, or if there is a problem, to find out where it is coming from and fix it. In this case, you're going to want to go with the Tri-Field. They are expensive, so if you know a friend that is an electrician, or know a science teacher, chances are they may have one. Otherwise, you can buy a simple EMF meter called the "ghost meter" on ebay for like 20 bucks. It's not as accurate, but it will at least show you if there are spikes in EMR in your house.

Good luck to you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join