It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmic Event on RSOE EDIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Anyone know whats going on here? Just seen this and thought I show it. Any ideas?

People in parts of North Hungary and in Slovakia have experienced unusual sound and light phenomena on Sunday night. The rhythmically repeating sound and light occurrences were heard and seen in the large area from Kassa to Záhogy, but the majority of observations were registered in the Ózd, Kazincbarcika, Miskolc and Putnok area. According to people's descriptions, authorities thought it was a meteor shower, but the area over these phenomena were experienced is too large and no craters have been found neither. Furthermore, people saw a white light, but the light that can be seen at the time of a meteor shower is red. Another possible explanation is that it was an unusual meteorological event, similar to Polar Lights, but that is never accompanied by any sound. As the explanations above do not seem reasonable, it is also possible that it was an UFO. The Disaster Management is still investigating and looking for people who have witnessed this mysterious phenomena.

Video

RSOE EDIS

[edit on 1-3-2010 by loner007]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
im not sure if it is relevant to this, but i do recall hearing somewhere that some people report hearing the northern lights and the belief seems to be that its something to do with how much energy is being discharged making the lights.
however im far from an expert so ill leave it at that.

interesting still.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I don't trust that news source;

Meteor showers do NOT create craters, and can be anything from green to blue in color.

I'm not saying it's a meteor shower, but writing it off using those explanations is just silly.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts

Meteor showers do NOT create craters, and can be anything from green to blue in color.

I'm not saying it's a meteor shower, but writing it off using those explanations is just silly.

Why is it you don't trust this site?
Can you give me a reason why?
I think this site is one of the quickest and most reliable sources on the net for world wide emergency's.
I have never seen them make a mistake or give false information.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by foremanator

I think this site is one of the quickest and most reliable sources on the net for world wide emergency's.

yes, i agree, i am surprised to see this on RSOE because its such a reliable, unbiased source.

what is REALLY interesting me is the sounds! strange.

and can't meteor showers create craters if a piece doesn't burn up in the atmosphere??? hmm...thought we had some pretty large craters on earth due to this?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

How can you say a meteor shower can't cause craters? If one of those bollides survives long enough it will strike earth.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
i can't hear sound on the video, am i supposed to? i want to hear what it sounds like!! it looks pretty strange. i've never seen polar lights, but i've seen a lot of meteor showers and they never lit up the whole sky like that. *shrugs* who knows. could be military? in the video i thought i saw something in the lower right quadrant of the screen shoot across before the sky lit up but it is probably a coincidence.

anyway, all these earthquakes lately and lights in the sky always takes me back to that thread by the d4rkknight (sp?) i know most people think it was bull, and maybe so. but its really suspicious that right when he said these things would begin occurring they do...like clockwork. i'm a wait-and-see person...so...we shall see.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Looks like lightening to me, from this video. There isn't any sound on the video. So if there is other footage of this with sound why isn't it on you tube or Google?

If its not posted to those two, it didn't really happen.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I've uploaded the video to YT in case get's 404'd:

VIDEO
Have fun!
Drax

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

It's a good site, though it has been mislead before. I think not too long ago there was a reported "cosmic event" in Russia or Turkey (I think), and it turned out to be a publicity stunt of sorts. Usually, they're on the money

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
the youtube video gives me the impression that the perfectly black night sky being lit up intermittently (a blue hued light) was not a series of 3 or more sky bursts of meteorites...
because you can note that the lit sky goes all the way down to the
ground/horizon...

If there's no delayed 'booms' from any craters, then i think we'd have to look into the possibility that a high beam of light was directed at that town
for what reason i couldn't imagine,
(propose a test;
to see if looking at a lighthouse beam of light actually produces the same result of what that video camera caught on tape; a sky fully lit from zenith to horizon)

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick

Originally posted by foremanator

yes, i agree, i am surprised to see this on RSOE because its such a reliable, unbiased source.

what is REALLY interesting me is the sounds! strange.

and can't meteor showers create craters if a piece doesn't burn up in the atmosphere??? hmm...thought we had some pretty large craters on earth due to this?

Meteor showers form when millions of grain-sized rocks fly into the earths atmosphere. They happen daily, and rarely to craters form from meteor showers.

Only when the big rocks come in do they make a crater; if there was a big rock meteor shower over a city, believe me, people would die.

Even the most common meteors that do reach earth only make craters the size of an inch deep hole; barely noticeable to the un-trained eye.

The pieces that reach are so small, that they are usually only found in deserts where there is enough contrast to spot them; both hot deserts, and arctic ones.

I've seen tons of meteor showers when I've spent summers up north; in the northern hemisphere, during August, earth passes through a mini-asteroid field, making a continuous meteor shower weeks long (of course, continuous meaning 2-3 visible meteors per hour).

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

After seeing the video, that is definitely NOT a meteor shower.

Meteors that make that much light are quite rare, and for 4+ flashes to be called meteors is extremely un-probable, and people would have seen them.

To get an idea of what it takes from a meteor to light up the sky like that, look at this one:

join