It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's most powerful atom smasher restarts: CERN

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow
www.physorg.com
First beam of 2010 circulated in each direction by 04.10 CET (0310 GMT),"
[edit on 1/3/2010 by SilentShadow]

So Sunday was 28 Feb - and how close is the timing between the re-startup and :

MAP 8.8 2010/02/27 06:34:15 -35.846 -72.719 35.0 OFFSHORE MAULE, CHILE

Coincidences! Gotta Luv 'Em!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Science rules....

BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

People need to start getting the stories straight. Was this earthquake that occurred in an area of the world that is prone to large earthquakes and was expecting another one caused by HAARP of the LHC? Or was it both? The world has become so confusing now that every natural occurrence has been taken over by Man. It's so hard to keep all of these devices in order.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
you don't get black holes by smashing atoms together

sheesh

you use red matter and fire it into the planets core

Duh, didn't you see star trek?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'm just waiting for a Bagel from the future to bring CERN crashing to it's knees again. Perhaps this time they will use a twinkie!

IRM

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I am torn between thinking it would be a bad thing if the world were devoured by a black hole we humans created, and thinking it would be funny as hell for that split second before we went *poof.*

Although how long we would perceive the end of the world could be interesting in and of itself. I guess that would depend on how time and consciousness behaved in or near a black hole.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwiffler
Black holes are purely theoretical. It's kind of masturbatory to carry on as if they are a proven fact.

And..............what precisely is wrong with masturbatory behavior? Some people find it pleasurable, and stress relieving.

And what better to fantasize over while doing so?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
What if the hidden shadow folks arn't really trying to smash atoms togeather. What if there really trying to open a vortex portal to one of the other multiple dimensions of reality. This way they can get the old ones to come back through the zone which has been closed. And closed for a good reason. yeah I know that sounds out there but you never know. So relax about black holes. If they get that to work it will make black holes look like childs play.

::points a the big lite then one of the scientists screams as a tendril of anti-matter creature reaches through and pulls the scientist in and you can hear munching sounds::

( scientist 2) well that was different...
(scientist 3) put up the blast door!!!Put up the blast door!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

Finally, its about time!

We need experiments like this to learn about the fundamentals of our Universe. I'm still curious as to why so many think its a doomsday machine or that it will go awry and destroy us all. Those that built it believe the possibility of a mini-blackhole is remote and the possibility of a blackhole large enough to even effect any of us is even more extremely remote.

They've done the calculations, I trust them much more than the speculation and superstitious ramblings of the rest of the populace.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
It's not that I'm scared of machines like these, but it all seems very interesting.

And isn't the biggest black hole in our galaxy about 2 inches wide, width, lenght???

top topics

<< 1   >>

join