It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist in Chile Earthquake: When the earthquake happened "the sky was changing colors..."

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
I never knew earthquakes could cause thunder like sounds until the small quake in the Chicago area.
[edit on 27-2-2010 by Daughter2]

Last April there was a small quake here in Roanoke...about 5 miles from where I am. It happened at night...early morning if I recall and it made a noise like the slamming of a door or a single peel of thunder. It woke me up.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, I saw plenty of reports of lights being seen over China and Haitai about half hour before they had their respective devastating earthquakes. I've been keeping my eyes on the skies a lot for these past couple of months because of that.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What if a meteor hit offshore?

-Big quake

-Tsunami

-Sky changed colors.

Just saying.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by iMacFanatic

OP post the youtube link in your original post so people can find it right away, when they click on your thread!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Yep..I saw the same interview with that lady on CNN where she noticed the sky change colors and she thought it was the end of the world. It was really short, but I didn't miss it.

Maybe this will help...

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 27-2-2010 by blue_fish]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Please post it ASAP. It sounds like HAARP!

This sounds like the weird lights in China when that huge earthquake hit last year!

HAARP! Chile HAARP! Earthquake! HAARP! WeirdLights.HAARP!

If HAARP is in any way effecting the set (if you will) gravitational parameters between the earth and moon, by offsetting normal rhythms then Rock and Rolll happens!

CREATING AN OUTSIDE AND UNNATURAL GRAVITATIONAL WAVE SET. THE MOON CANT DO ITS JOB RIGHT. EARTH CRUST EVEN SLIGHTLY WILL MOVE TOWARD TO NEW GRAVITY OR BE DISRUPTED. THE EARTHS SERFACE COULD CRACK APART.

just saying. just a thought.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I mean too many scientist trying to explain that phenomena too many theorist and I choose to have it as UNKNOWN,
it can be HAARP, it can be the magnetic waves, solar activity etc.. who knows, how to know which is the answer so unknown I will say

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
SKY CHANGING COLORS OVAR CHILE BEFORE QUAKE

www.youtube.com...

www.proxywhore.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

This sounds like the weird lights in China when that huge earthquake hit last year!

CREATING AN OUTSIDE AND UNNATURAL GRAVITATIONAL WAVE SET. THE MOON CANT DO ITS JOB RIGHT. EARTH CRUST EVEN SLIGHTLY WILL MOVE TOWARD TO NEW GRAVITY OR BE DISRUPTED. THE EARTHS SERFACE COULD CRACK APART.

we don't KNOW... we don't know everything there is ... I mean we can't assume it can't be possible that an outside gravitational wave set could be at hand here..it is just another thought, just another theory, just like science always wants to explain everything

[edit on 27-2-2010 by kolta]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

we don't KNOW... we don't know everything there is ... I mean we can assume it can't be possible that an outside gravitational wave set could be at hand here..it is just another thought, just another theory, just like science always wants to explain everything

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So I'm just wondering...IF...it really is HAARP...what would be the real purpose in creating these Earthquakes? To kill our economy completely?
To set up the NWO? Control purposes?
I have no idea..but my mind runs off into many rabbit trails.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm not surprised that geological activity causes optical phenomena in the sky. It probably is a disturbance in the magnetic field in the effected region.

There's a continual optical disturbance in a small spot in Gold Hill Oregon. They call the place The Oregon Vortex. Light waves are bending by an unknown source which creates an optical illusion. Objects appear taller on one end and smaller on the another. I've been there and witnessed the measured phenomena. It is no trickery. They ask people on the tour if they brought their own level for the experiment. Some people do bring them. The group I was with did not have one, so the tour guide used his. In the vortex there are two posts installed that are of the same hight but one appears taller than the other. A level and a square prove the posts are on the same level and the measuring stick proves they are the same height. When you look at them from 20 feet away they are definitely different height.

www.oregonvortex.com...

The earth does stuff we don't understand.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by lostinspace]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kolta

SERN

we don't KNOW... we don't know everything there is ... I mean we can assume it can't be possible that an outside gravitational wave set could be at hand here..it is just another thought, just another theory, just like science always wants to explain everything

Dude not a scientist here but even at that if youer trying to say its God and it may be, just remember that Gods not going to factor into you walking out into traffic. Go run full blast into a wall and you will come to know science and then God if it kills you.

Not a theory that CERN (not harp forgive me) could create an extra, 3rd, set gravity center on earth. Read the two links on my other post if you can and get back to me. If you cant roll with that basic science then get your knowlege on. Anything spinning creates a field. Just 101 my freind. Just cant say I have enough info to measure the field strength and how it would conflict with the earth and moon joint fields. Now if you think that is theoretical science your not real bright.

The assholes working on CERN PROJECT- Hadron Collider could know this but are gone mad and may put us all in a jam trying to find the God. partical.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

So your saying that as a result of gravitational conflict between the Sun and the Moon, and what with the Earth being in the middle, we'd see - as a result of an Earthquake, diffushion of light? That may create, well.. Any colour of the spectrum and cast it onto any low clouds?
In thoughts of this, it may sound all very well, and in most case's that portray Earthquake lights, there is low cloud's in situation too the event.
Yet, in arguement to your statement answer me this,
- How can a reaction below the Earth's crust which create's a flash of light which can travle 'THROUGH SOLID MATTER?'

And im aware that the Earthquake in question was located out at sea. Yet, it was still below the ground in the Earth's crust.
The movement of the Nazca Plate which has a destructive boundary and give's way to the South American plate was caused by the Plate's colliding, not a discrepancy between the Moon and the Sun. If that happend, we ALL would have felt it.
Earth's orbit would have probably shifted too, if the amount of gravitational pull had increased. As well as a huge tidal surge in what ever direction face's the Sun (assuming - and i hate that word, that it was the cause of such an event, thus making the movie 2012 something of a reality.)
Most people tend to say Earthquake's are caused by techtonic movement, brought on by as you said, ''pressure below the surface'' -which inturn expand/contracts Faultline's.
Sunspike's are a most likely plauseable explanation to Earthquake lights, look at the Aurora for example although, that's caused by constant bombardments from the Sun's particle's in the Ionisphere and lighting up the sky.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Would like to ask her, if she did saw the same color changing like it's been seen in China.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Folks,

Earthquake lights (in the sky) have been reported for a long time. They were first photographed back in the 1960's and documented in the 1930's. There are many other reports of Earthquake Lights (throughout history) so I think HAARP can be ruled out.

I recently watched a BBC documentary called "Why Can't We Predict Earthquakes" where this phenomena was discussed (possibly as a way of predicting an imminent quake). The documentary stated that scientists are not clear on what causes the lights, but they do have some theories. One scientist demonstrated that when you put a rock under a large compressive load, it releases energy as an electric charge. One theory is that this energy interacts with the Earth's magnetic field and results in lights in the sky (like aurora).

Sounds feasible to me.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
A Chilean reporter, Cecelia Lagos, was just interviewed on CNN and said when the earthquake happened the sky changed colors. She said she was afraid it was the end of the world and that she saw the whole buildings crumble into giant cracks in the earth "just like in the movie 2012". So... are there other reports of changes in the color of the sky during an earthquake?

It might have some merit.

Earths crust and internals is a piezoelectric circuit of sorts, that possibly in large shifts and friction and different electric excitement of underlying elements may produce huge currents that should be able to alter even the magnetosphere just like CME's from the Sun are doing.
I don't really want to know what would happen if a CME effect is active during a solar storm on earth's atmosphere and it meets with such a large hypothetical piezoelectrically generated earth current from below. Could a portion of the atmosphere blow off near such an occurrence?
I believe the particular question has never been asked.

Our habitat operates within some kind of balance we probably know very little about and if it gets upset all kinds of crazy things might start happening in a chain reaction like a domino.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
have any one checked the Magnetosphere and stuff like that ?
If it was high activity as with the Haiti quake !! ??

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrom

Yes, i belive ive seen the same documentry too.
One of the scientists done a simple experiment of crushing a small cube of Granite in a machine, in a darkend room. When the pressure was too much and the cube fractured, it gave off a Light/Flashing reaction. (Not too similar to the way when two pieces of Flint strike, they give a spark.)

This theory has also been used to try and describe some UFO phenomena.

But the same question remain's, how can a light source derived from friction below grownd show up in the sky? And actually last minute's?
Obviously, there would be the idea of some static charge, but then again, we would feel it.
Also the thought of Earth being some sort of Electromagnet? Hmm... I dont know about that... Wasnt that the last thing Einstein was going to work on, Unifiying Electricity with Gravity..?

[edit on 27/2/10 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire] uuggh.. My spelling and grammer is rubbish today. Edit again..

[edit on 27/2/10 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by Phage

Thank you Phage. We all wished you were around all night to walk us through this.

This is incredible, but i have to say its also a learning experience!

What's incredible about devastating natural disasters? Not to be rude but you seem to speak with some sort of awe or admiration for the quakes.

Maybe it's the smiley at the end of the post I don't know.

I will agree though that tectonics is to blame. As for the "earthquake lights" I'm not sure there is a definitive explanation in any cases.

Earthquake lights occur before, during and after earthquakes. They are cool and quiet, colored white or blue or red. They are usually dim, but sometimes are brighter than moonlight.

They take various forms: globes, bands, rays, sheets, clouds. They tend to rise from the ground. They have been reported at sea. They may flicker or shine steadily. They may be silent or accompanied by a crackling or bristling sound. Sometimes light boils from the ground like flames. They may be as brief as lightning or glow for several minutes.

Earthquake lights have been accompanied by low-frequency radio noise in the 10 to 20 kHz range.

Earthquake lights have been seen weeks before or after earthquakes and hundreds of kilometers from the epicenter. They are more common in areas of hard, crystalline rocks and near dip-slip rather than strike-slip faults.

It is clear that somehow, subterranean stress in an earthquake zone is transformed into a luminous phenomenon in the surroundings. Most of the theories proposed are unconvincing.

•Heat: Friction on the fault might heat particles or ignite ground gases. But the heat would not move swiftly, nor would it occur without earthquakes, nor is there enough gas (such as methane) in most places.

•Radiation: Radon gas is released by fractured mineral grains and could ionize the air, but the quantities are too small.

•Triboluminescence/triboelectricity: Some minerals respond to mechanical strain by generating light or electric charge—but not enough of either.

•Piezoelectricity: Quartz crystals generate voltage under strain—but not enough, and the resulting currents cancel out in real rocks, and besides rocks are electrical insulators.

•Streaming potentials: Moving fluids in narrow cracks tend to become electrically charged—but not strongly.

The best theory of earthquake lights comes from mineral physicist Friedemann Freund, who took a frustrating fact and made it the cornerstone of a new hypothesis. Under the conditions of most earthquake faults, lab experiments show that rocks are electrical insulators. But the experiments are very frustrating because rock samples conduct electricity well along their surfaces. This swamps the effects being looked for, unless the samples are first roasted in vacuum. But at that point you don't have realistic rocks.

Freund realized that mineral grains in ordinary rocks are naturally full of flaws; specifically, oxygen atoms in imperfectly ionized states. There are millions of oxygen atoms in every piece of silicate mineral with one electron short, bound together in peroxy bonds. When such a bond is broken for whatever reason, the result is a pair of "holes" of positive charge, or p-holes. Anyone who knows the physics of semiconductors knows about holes. They carry charge, in their way, just as effectively as electrons do.

In the lab, rock surrounded by vacuum or air naturally has its p-holes move toward the surface, where they generate the unwanted conductivity. In nature, holes tend to stay put unless activated by rock stresses. Then they move readily through most igneous and metamorphic rocks, unlike electrons. Freund conducted experiments that impacted rocks to activate clouds of p-holes. Calculating that the charge clouds might trigger optical and radio waves, he added sensors that in fact detected light and radio noise on sample surfaces.

geology.about.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join