It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FREEDOM FRIES ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I've read in a news paper that a governor in california made a decret to turn the name of FRENCH FRIES into FREEDOM FRENCH.

What a shame that a so powerfull country can be so ridiculous !

[Edited on 2-3-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I hate to say it, but I agree with nans... however, I think French Fries will have to stay... Immoral militaristic armsdealing fries is a little too long to fit on most menus...

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 04:52 AM
link   

...add to that: 'Green Peace Ship bombing Innocent Crew Member killing Act of Terrorism doing Pacific Poluting' Fries...

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Well... if we want to keep it simple, yet still nod in the direction of pom frits:

smelly fries
arrogance tatters
surrender fries

um... any more?

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
ummm .... hairy legs and armpits fries

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Or Coward Fries

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Cowards Fries is a very good choice.

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Nans DESMICHELS,

Could you please give me more information about this article you found and if I can find it on the internet?

I need to read this for myself. California governor Gray Davis could not possibly be that moronic. If in fact he dedicated even one minute to this absurd idea, then he should be docked a days pay and someone should supersize his dumb ass.

deleted

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
How about "wish we were still a world leader fries"
or "I'm taking my ball and going home fries" but if we are going to still call them french fries I guess we will have to change the name of vegetable oil Iraqi oil to deep fry them.

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
we lost the name French out of our fries EONS ago.

they are now officially shoestring fries..Personally I like them anyway crinkle cut straight cut shoestring extra large with a touch of salt and the old horse..

Chris

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by deleted
Could you please give me more information about this article you found and if I can find it on the internet?

BEAUFORT, N.C. � You can get fries with your burger at a restaurant here, but just don't ask for french fries.

Neal Rowland, the owner of Cubbie's, now only sells his fried potato strips as "freedom fries" � a decision that comes as Americans watch French officials back away from support for possible war in Iraq.

"Because of Cubbie's support for our troops, we no longer serve french fries. We now serve freedom fries," says a sign in the restaurant's window.

Rowland said his intent is not to slight the French people, but to take a patriotic stance to show his support for the United States and the actions of President Bush.

"It's our way of showing our patriotic pride," he said, noting that his business has a lot of local military troops as customers.

Rowland said the switch from french fries to freedom fries came to mind after a conversation about World War I when anti-German sentiment prompted Americans to rename German foods like sauerkraut and frankfurter to liberty cabbage and hot dog.

src: www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
echelon,

Thanks for your assistance. The post you provided expained everything and my concerns of a prior post on this thread were unfounded.

Nans DESMICHELS,

It was not the governor of California but the owner of a greasy spoon on the opposite side of the country. Please try to be a little more accurate with your postings as people should not be required to validate supposed facts put forward in this forum. Thanks.

deleted

top topics

join