It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist's disappearance a mystery to colleagues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Scientist's disappearance a mystery to colleagues

www.cbc.ca

A scientist who disappeared from Deep River, Ont., in mid-January showed no changes in his behaviour in the days before he vanished, say those who worked with him.

Lachlan Cranswick, 41, who worked at the National Research Council's Canadian Neutron Beam Centre, based at the Atomic Energy of Canada Limited Chalk River Laboratories, has been missing since Jan. 18 from the small community 200 kilometres northwest of Ottawa.

He was last seen leaving work that day.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
For those of you who don't know, the Canadian Neutron Beam Centre is the equivalent of NASA materials research. It's there where top Canadian scientists research and develop high-tech materials used for space missions, and other purposes.

So this scientist has just completely vanished off the face of the earth. The article notes that there was no change in his behavior at all, and that he is a very stable, conscious, and down-to-earth nerdy guy who would never leave his house without his cellphone or GPS.

Any ideas on what happened to him?

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hard to even speculate really, anything could be the answer from some hotty picking him up and he took a spontanious trip to mexico, to aliens abducted him, etc...

What projects was he working on, or just finish...or was trying to start, Has he ever caused a stink about something, was he a bit too good, etc...

I personally blame tiger woods.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This does not sound like the kind of person who would disappear out of the blue. I'd imagine they are checking closely to see if anything else is missing.

Good find and thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Isn't this like the fourth scientist involved in nuclear-related work to recently disappear?

I wonder if one of those 'colleagues' from around the world who he helped with using the facilities, discovered something, or let drop some info that he shouldn't have done and scientist guy had to be 'vanished'

[edit on 22/2/2010 by Dagar]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
My CTist's brain says he zapped himself with some kind of laser and is in parallel dimension, or the Iranians nabbed him or something.

But I fear his car just left the road, and a decade from now his vehicle will be pulled from a ravine or a river.

Any way, I hope he's OK and just needed a time out.

We always have to remember that behind each story, is a real human being, family, friends etc.

Hope he turns up safe with a Thai bride on his arm!!!

All the best, KF!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This makes you wonder, if the right people want you to disappear can you fight them or even leave a trace of what happened?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
was a blizzard coming through? that could happen to anybody

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This is realy not very good at all. Potentially very bad. Whats the latest?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
Any ideas on what happened to him?

WEll my first unrealist idea that came to mind was he was attacked by vampires. (i've been reading too many twilight fan fictions).

The second would be suicide?
Third.... Murder?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
My bet is that this scientist went either...

A) To a top secret test site
B) Used extremly unstable new science gear and killed himself and now they are covering it up
C) He invented something important and they will kill him for it so hes on the run.
D) There is miscommunication at work and he is taking his much needed vacation time
E) Hes in a hospital from a complete accident.
F) He contacted ET on his 12 Billion Radio, and they took him hostage

Dunno but i hope he wasnt important for anything that was really going somewhere and now its dead

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I personally blame tiger woods.

Good thinking. Maybe that's why Tiger's been so apprehensive about speaking to the public. He knows we'll detect his guilt and knowledge relating to the scientist's disappearance. He needs to submit to a lie detector test immediately.

The whole sex rehab thing was a distraction. I'm sick of his LIES!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
He may have learned about something he was not supposed to know and was dissapeared.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Unplugged]

top topics

join