It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hugo Chavez demands Queen returns Falkland Islands to Argentina

page: 26
<< 23  24  25   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6
Right now Britain would win a conflict against a South American coalition. Though Brazil is building up its armed forces so in the future maybe not. I wouldn't be surprised if American companies win some contracts in the Falklands which would pretty much mean Britain keeping sovereignty for the forseeable future.

You have no idea about he size and power of Latin American countries
in terms of armed forces.
If Vietnam was a hell , it would look like a trip to Disneyland if compared
to an invasion of Brazil .
Some sites shows Brazil in the top ten armed forces of the world, in the 8th place more specifically .
We are a lot more powerful than Vietnam ,Iraq or Afghanistan for example and they were not easy to invade or keep under control.
Try to google about Brazilian special forces and armed forces but look for updated sites OK?.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Max Devoe

Don't get your nationalist panties in a twist. No-one has even suggested an "invasion" of anywhere, we're talking about defending the Falklands.

So, with that in mind and regardless what some websites tell you, Argentina and chums would be slapped silly back to their homes.

In all of South America, you can muster one 60 year old ex-french Aircraft carrier, a handful of ancient and sub-standard home made Frigates and hardly any amphibious capacity.

How on earth do you propose going against the UK, which can best you in EVERY field and "take back" the Falklands?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I do not believe that any military action will take place, and I do not know of anyone who thinks that way either.

HUgo Chavez is the only one mentioning military might that I am aware of. He does however have a considerable arsenal. Remember his fleet of highly advanced Russian Sukhoi S-30s. They are extremely capable modern Multi-Role fighter jets. Even the RAF after engaging in a training exercise with them stated that they were very impressed with their superior maneuverability. They can literally perform

a somersault maneuver, the aircraft makes 360-degree turn in the pitch plane without any loss of altitude
They can also stop on a dime in mid air, turn around 180º, and take off at a high rate of speed in the opposite direction.
Wiki

Video
Some here on ATS have called them The Number 1 Fighter Jet in the World

In addition, as was alluded to earlier, Brazil has the eighth strongest military capability in the world according to Global Firepower.com They have a very skilled military force that is quite capable. I have seen them in action and they are no joke.

If things were to get ugly, and the leaders of other nations jumped in to help Argentina as some have indicated they would, it would not be so easy. Ultimately Britain would probably come out ahead as they have more to bring to the game, but it would be very bloody indeed, and there would be no real winners. Just a lot of dead.

[edit on 2/3/10 by Terapin]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It's just a storm in a glass of water, isn't it? Sometimes they need such things, because it is boring to be in power and you have no one who tells you, how powerfull you are.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I have an idea.

Stop running the oil fields you have already stolen into big piles of crappola.

Then you won't need to pull out the big man steals oilfields bit so often.

How about educating more of your people to run them properly?

I know I know......that's no fun.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hans kammler

To any South American individual that calls for any nation to return land artefacts or resources to them or a neighbour I say 'SOD OFF". Lets not forget that all of you who now run these countries are descendants of people who went there is ships from Europe to pillage the land for gold and to convert all the nature loving people to your own paedophile run religion.

Argentina is now run by the sons and grandsons of the escaped NAZIS. So as far as i am concerned SOD OFF. If you go anywhere near the Falklands as they are called!!!! then you will get another arse kicking. Only this time we will do it USA style and wipe a million people from your country without anyone giving two hoots!

p.s I am a realist I know we wont beat you in the football, so good luck!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Max Devoe

The Navy is what would count in a conflict over the Falklands and Brazil couldnt stand up to the British navy.Army is of little use in a sea battle. Lets have a look first Brazil:

Ships of the Brazilian Navy total 52:

1 aircraft carrier (São Paulo)
5 submarines
9 frigates
5 corvettes
6 minehunters

And of course royal navy ships total 714 ships:

3 Invincible-class aircraft carriers
2 Type 45 destroyers
5 Type 42 destroyers
13 Type 23 frigates
4 Type 22 frigates

1 Amphibious assault ship (LPH)
2 Albion-class landing platform docks
131 Landing craft
4 Griffon 2000 TDX
13 LCU MK9/10s
30 LCVP MK4/5s
81 ORCs, RICs and IRCs (81)
3 SDVs (Swimmer Delivery Vehicles)

4 Vanguard-class submarines (SSBNs)
6 Trafalgar-class submarines (SSNs)
1 Swiftsure-class submarines (SSNs)

8 Sandown-class mine countermeasures vessels
8 Hunt-class mine countermeasures vessels
18 Fast Patrol Boats
5 amphibious ships
30 patrol boats

So id have to say the British can more than handle anything they meet at sea. And if by odd chance which would never happen the rest of south America entered the frey the British would still win a naval battle but you could bet the United states Atlantic fleets would be involved as well.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Vitchilo

Aren't you always ranting against the UK though?

The rest of you post is just garbage, to be honest.

You say the "english" (I hate in when only the english get the blame, their are other nations in the UK too) people should stay home on our crappy island, then what say you about the Spanish people who live in Argentina who, ironically, are claiming the British people on the Falkland Islands are colonisers and they want their island back?

Talk about hypocritical. Colonisers telling colonisers to stop being colonisers! Sod off, Argentina.

The people of the Falklands want to stay British. End of discussion.

Chaves is a shame for South America.
I am Brazilian and I know people of the Falklands are British and they don´t want to be Argentinians.
Next year he will start to annoy us if our new president will not be a leftist
like Lula.
By the way the armed forces of Argentina are a joke at this moment.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
People here are confusing my old comments.
I did not realize that this was an old tread, I thought it was a new tread about the stupid idea about the entire South America fighting a war against UK for the Falklands ( note that I never said even Malvinas in my comments ) .

I have been always pro UK in my comments. Someone make a joke about
the Brazilian armed forces months ago and I just said Brazil was not so weak as he thought.
Then some people started with arguments like : mine is bigger than yours Lol!

I see in the distant future, Brazil in a war perhaps against Venezuela or Bolivia and any other leftist country that think we are the imperialist of South America.
Even the small Paraguay is showing it is teeth against us from time to time.

top topics

<< 23  24  25   >>

join