It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travel- change the future by describing the past.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Can you predict the future by describing the past. There is a quantum theory that states that once something is observed that it changes forever. Could this be true of the future by describing it as the past? Could doing so alter what would have been the future to the one that is described as the past? Let's find out in this test and come back in a year or so and see what happened. This is the fictional account of "Future-man-0". It is an interview between him and an un-named talk show host.

Q: So how is it you claim to have arrived here in 2010 ?

Future-man-0: It was done from what was learned at CERN with the LHC. The "looking glass" experiment was a great success.

Q: Describe Looking glass for us.

Future-man-0: It was an experiment to see if a bridge could be made between time dimensional shift where one could peer into the past or future. From there is was a matter of fine tuning it so that if one were to step into that bridge they could travel to any time period. It's not perfect though because after some time passes you get pulled back to the exact time point that you left.

Q: Can you describe for us your past, or rather our future?

Future-man-0: Sure, I'll start from this year. In 2010 a war started in Iran which lasted about three months. It caused the price of oil to skyrocket sending most of us, that is, the western nations into a great depression, greater than the one often talked about in the 1930s. China was also hurt bad and so they sent a lot of military to try to control the oil for themselves. Russia defended Iran with it's own military and a peace was agreed to. Iran is now two separate nations.

Q: What about here in the US ?

Future-man-0: In late March President Obama tries to force his hand with his healthcare plan. He gets it through and it doesn't do what he claimed it would and that angers a lot of people. In an attempt to save their party, his own people impeach him and make Joe Biden president. In November of that year they suffer a nationwide setback and the New Republican Party takes power back.

Q: You say, new Republican party?

Future-man-0: Yes, they were actually made up of conservatives, independents and a lot of disaffected democrats.

Q: Tell us more about everyday life?

Future-man-0: After healthcare was passed the government basically controlled everything people did and ate. Even vitamins were regulated and once the big Pharma companies got a hold on it they changed them so that they were manufactured. They were useless really. But the big event was the impact in January the next year. A large asteroid came down near Australia and hit the water.

Q: Go on..

Future-man-0: Ok.. I'm not comfortable to tell you this because it hasn't happened yet for you.

Q: It's alright..

Future-man-0: People were scared when they found out. It was about two miles wide and came in at almost 90 degrees. First came the flash and it could be seen even from the opposite side of the planet like when the sun comes up just before dawn except from all around you. Then the noise which went around the world many times over. The wave was horrible. Every continent got some of it. A wave almost a mile and a half tall swept into the west coast. Nothing survived. After that the sky got really dark and it rained for weeks almost all the time, then it snowed for another month or so. It got very cold and a lot of people died, perhaps two billion or more. Almost every nation ceased to be what it once was. And after two years of cold and death only about a billion people remained. The new government is the same even today. It's called the "Global Alliance".

Q: Describe your life as you now know it.

Future-man-0: We have one government based in Arizona which is the world capital. One money system and no political parties as you have now. Life is agricultural and simple and people live in small communities. Each community sends a representative to vote on things. They serve for one year and can never serve again after that. There is no industry to speak of except in the East coast area and it is robotic in nature as humans are forbidden to work in plants.

Q: Robotics ?

Future-man-0: Yes, they serve humans. I can see you want me to describe them. They are bipedal and have brains that are self automated and they can think by use of logic and neural networks, only that can also link into the mother database. We're still having some issues with them wanting individual status as beings but so far that has not been granted. The dispute has been on going for about five years now.

Q: What prevents them from simply taking over ?

Future-man-0: That's a good question. I don't know. Up till now there has not been any conflict. But then no decision has been made as to being declared as individual beings yet. I suppose once a decision is made, well, I don't want to talk about it right now. I have to go back, I feel the pull coming, excuse me. ( visitor gets up and then the host gets up and when looking up, the visitor is gone).

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Mind blown?
couldn't the account of spoke of say a huge asteroid of chocolate which fed the starving nations and in the end the starving became the obese?

It was quite convincing though.

Also about the war in iran part there is a facebook app called "World at War" and it is set this year when Iran nukes NYC, when important countries then strike Iran and other nations and you choose the country to play.

A lot of talk about an event like that now.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
Mind blown?
couldn't the account of spoke of say a huge asteroid of chocolate which fed the starving nations and in the end the starving became the obese?

It was quite convincing though.

Also about the war in iran part there is a facebook app called "World at War" and it is set this year when Iran nukes NYC, when important countries then strike Iran and other nations and you choose the country to play.

A lot of talk about an event like that now.

We'll have to wait and see. This is a sort of long term test to see if describing the future as a past event has anything to do with the course of time and what actually unfolds. Passage of the healthcare bill by force of Obama's will would be the first indication that it does. I know there's talk of it, but it would have to actually happen that way to be correct at all. So we'll wait and see what unfolds.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I don't believe that stuff. Scientists say that things can be both true and false until observed. They also say that something changes when observed. Sorry, I don't buy it for a second. I think these people have no idea what they are talking about and are point blank wrong. I think scientists are obsessed with some kind of word semantics that just don't really make any sense when you really see whats going on.

For example, a scientist will say a photon cannot be observed without changing it. False. The proper thing to say is that scientists have not figured out a way to get a lot of information about a photon without changing it. It sounds to me like they can't handle their own failings so they make stuff up to compensate like "x is impossible because otherwise I'm stupid... I'm not stupid therefore x is impossible". No, the scientist is stupid, impotent, or both.

Scientists make statements like "its both true and false"... okay well I don't know when putting on a white labcoat made blatant contradictions okay but it doesn't fly with me for a second. No nothing is both true and false... sounds like Quantum physics "experts" are generally smart but have obvious mental deficiencies at some level.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by truthquest]

new topics

top topics

join