It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Aliens are here" says Queen advisor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

ALIENS could be among us - but we just cannot recognise them, Britain's top astronomer has said.

Lord Martin Rees said the visitors might be in a form beyond human understanding.
Lord Rees, president of the Royal Society academy of science and also astronomer to the Queen, said: "They could be staring us in the face and we just don't recognise them."

The respected professor went on: "The problem is that we're looking for something very much like us, assuming that they at least have something like the same mathematics and technology.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

the sun

This is a rather interesting statement being released. He is a respected gentlemen and never had a history of commenting on this subject matter.

He made this comment, after he hosted the Royal Society academy into aliens and visitations to Earth.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I think this more suits the public psyche and opinion on the subject matter rather than evidence of the same. While 30 years ago it was scientific suicide to publicly admit beliefs in ET's, now it is almost fashionable in the scientific world to prove your intellectual ability to acknowledge our insignificance.

I wish he did say "Aliens are here".. I still don't think the vast majority of the world would be able for it though..

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I think he is grossly underestimating most people. If the aliens had actual physical forms and weren't using any sort of camouflage, people would be able to see them. They might be shocked or amazed, but unless they had an extraordinary tendency toward self-delusion, they would recognize them. Now, if they were the pure energy sort that have no ordinary body as we understand it, then yes, they may be passing right amongst us unnoticed. People are more observant than most scientists and intellectuals give them credit for.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Lord Martin Rees said the visitors might be in a form beyond human understanding.
Lord Rees, president of the Royal Society academy of science and also astronomer to the Queen, said: "They could be staring us in the face and we just don't recognise them."

So maybe he's talking about the Reptilians, the Queen must be a reptoid. David Icke was right all along

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I'm glad he isn't saying They Are Here because this is coming from The Sun and I'm not sure I would believe it in that case.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
"Aliens are here" says Queen advisor

Errr, no he didn't...

The title of the URL on The Sun's website, quoted in the title of this thread, is misleading. The article does not contain any purported quotation of any remark that aliens "are" here.

The Sun's articles on SETI and UFOs are often over-simplified or exagerrated.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story...

This is a rather interesting statement being released. He is a respected gentlemen and never had a history of commenting on this subject matter.

He has commented on SETI and ET life repeatedly in the past, both in print and on television, e.g. in the videos below:

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 22-2-2010 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I think that the oprative word here is "could". The many good scientists are open minded but only expect rigours proof and enquiry.

Rgds

T

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Yes,there are those of alien descent,on this planet and they are unrecognised by most people.

Have you ever noticed that the only aliens the media ever seems to refer to is the slimy little grey things. Can't say I've ever come across those and I would question whether they are in fact a naturally evolved life-form.

On the other hand this planet has a long history of certain bloodlines which did all they could to keep their blood as "pure" as possible by marrying their close relatives, including siblings. It is only recently that the Bluebloods (copper based rather than iron /haemaglobin based) have changed from this course of inbreeding....are they worried the (recently) educated general population finds such behaviour genetically unhealthy (not to mention that the bible has clear instructions against incest). Just this week the media was saying that King Tutankhamen's bones were inferior/weak because his mother was his father's full sister. Time to wake up folks and take our planet back before these psychopaths destroy us all in their soon to come World War 3.

If Lord Rees has inherited his title then he carries a preponderance of reptilian genetics and would be attempting to lead people up the proverbial garden path.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Can this quote be found anywhere else...?

The Sun isn't known for its highly accurate truths and facts. Mainly just page 3!

[edit on 22-2-2010 by noonebutme]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

yeah, I know what he means. I might actually live among aliens

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
He spoke out shortly after hosting the first conference on the possibility of alien life in the Royal Society's 350-year-history

Read more: www.thesun.co.uk...

The event on aliens that the Royal Society organised is a much more interesting given than what the advisor had to say about it....I think.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Not necessarily new info, but thought-provoking. I wish the source had been other than the Sun, but we get it where we can, right?

For example, "others" that we characterize as aliens could be of a form that has a different speed or vibrational energy than us. Much as a plant might not be ultra-aware of us, so we could be for them.

Imagine if you could slow down your awareness to be on the plant level ..... life would look like a constant battleground, continual wars for domination of one square inch of soil, one cubic foot of sunlight, etc., and every plant having its own strategy for survival. I would look incredibly brutal.

Sounds familiar, huh?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Heard of Jin? They been around longer than us, not specifically earth but around. They are created from supposedly made of fire, don't know how to make sense of that but hey maybe that gives us the true reason behind global warming lol

Maybe too many of them are coming to earth and heating earth.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Honestly? I just dont believe they are among us.
If anything, we are actually among them!

But, if they were freely coming here, if they were living amongst us, why wouldnt they just come out and say something.. They obviously know us, and would have no problems entering a tv studio to declare themselves to the world.

Considering that they fly in these visible vehicles, why hide yourself on Earth?

I believe they exist, but are just too concerned about how human relationships lead to conflict. So they watch, in vehicles akin to our Stealth Jets, purely because they know we just can’t catch em up there.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Yeah, folks should read the article before thinking this guy said they are here. He is merely thinking out loud on one of the many, many different possibilities...not saying he knows any more than you or I about this subject.

Calm down, this isn't "disclosure", lol.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

probably, if it becomes accepted and common knowledge that aliens are coming here, it would spoil whatever they are using the earthlings and its society for. who knows, maybe the secrecy is an integral part of it...maybe those things we see is some kind of quality control

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Well we have number ET's posting threads so anything is possible! But for the life of me I can see any self respecting alien wanting to come to this loony tune planet, Unless it was a dare !

But I can just imagine aliens regaling each other with tales of riding the subway and surviving "It make a hell of a lot of sence when you come to think about it!" Alien thrill seekers

[edit on 22-2-2010 by MOTT the HOOPLE]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
If they can travel such great distances then they must have some type of dematerialising technology, which would allow them to be invisable, and possibly yes, be right next to us.

I think what Martin Rees is saying is something similar to what Stephen Hawking said recently, about the universe not having a start or end point, but our human brains like to see everything in an orderly sequence even when their is no sequence to be seen, and thus we seek to give the universe a start and end point, when its more likely infinate. The same applies to possible aliens and their technologies, and its obvious that we, as humans, see everything with a very human bias and interpretation, and the real facts are proberly beyond our comprehension, and that if we were created or modified by them, then our understanding of such matters is proberly inherently limited by our way of thinking to ensure we never became a threat to their existence.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by randomlynothing]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomlynothing and the real facts are proberly beyond our comprehension

I like that thought. Whatever is going on up there is just beyond our comprehension for sure.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
How about illegal aliens?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join