It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smokey SAM Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This small test site for the Smokey Sam rockets is very interesting and intriguing. The site is beyond Cedar Gate Road? The truth it seems to be that is in the middle of nowhere. Who's run the site?

I have also seen that there are small radar stations on the ground and some shacks.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Groomforce

Sorry?

What sam site?

I can't see it musky! (the link)

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Groomforce

Linkey? Lat / Long?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I been to the fence line next to the facility a few times.
cedar
I don't believe I've ever seen a radar truck (say a Roland) next to the smokey sam site. My guess is they just launch them visually, probably given a heads up from the radar sites on the "roulette" radio frequencies.

I have photos of planes flying by the smokey sams in my "flags" section, but I don't have those photos linked to the Cedar page. Another thing to do....

I've probably pulled 30 old smokey sam "remains" over the years. I have a few in the garage for yucks, but have given them away. I thought it might be fun to sell them on ebay, but I suspect it would be a hassle since technically it is government property (though I consider it waste), and they used to be explosive.

Note that they launch smokey sams at two spots by the Cedar area. I will follow up with some lat/lon.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This is the location of the one I photographed:
37.760469° -116.221173°

I think this is the location of the other launch site:
37.723878° -116.229636°

new topics

top topics

join