It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visual Black Out: Who tripped the sun for a second?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hello I created my account for the sole purpose of replying to this post.i am 23 yrs old and it happened when I was in elementary school at recess. I would say I was in the 5th grade. I live in in NEW YORK!!! The whole class was outside during recess and for a few seconds everything went black...and I mean black black. It happened so fast and everyone especially the teachers were just in utter disbelief at what just happened . It lasted no longer than 2 to 3 seconds tops and it went from a sunny beautiful day to pitch black to the point where you were basically blind..you couldn't even see arms length from your body. It was by far the craziest thing I have ever experienced..I switched schools plenty of times never kept in touch with my childhood friends ,teachers Etc so anyone who I tell this story to has no clue what I'm talking about..as if it never happened..so I searched Google and this is the first thing I've seen even slightly similar to what happened when I was younger. People can joke and say what you like about everything I've said but I know for an undeniable fact that this really happened ( but if you say it was a plane you better come with hard evidence including an explanation on how a plane can completely cover the entire sun swallowing all light and I mean ALL LIGHT)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This phenomenon finally happened to my daughter and me on January 6 of this year in the Mid-Atlantic region. My daughter was home during the day. It was around 11-ish. She was home from school with a cold and we were in her bedroom playing a board game and suddenly it was pitch black for just a moment for both of us. She gave a startled exclamation asking me what just happened. I told her I had no idea but I certainly had heard of it before thanks to this forum. It was about the span of an eye blink but in a very bright room lit by two large windows set into two different walls. If you blink your eye normally you still experience brightness through your lids. We experienced pitch blackness. So much so that it was startling even for such a short duration.

I'm more inclined to believe there was some phenomenon that interfered with how our brains process sensory input than that there was some natural phenomenon involving the sun or the atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
This happened to me within the last few days during the heat wave here in San Diego, I think it was Monday Jun 20. My incident was almost exactly like that of the original poster, and is also why I created this account. It was late morning/early afternoon and I was sitting in the living room with my roommate. As we heard what sounded like a loud plane going overhead we suddenly saw the entire house go dark from all windows. It was as though the sun was blocked completely by a gigantic passing vessel, and the entire sky thrown into shade. This only lasted a second. We both immediately acknowledged that something weird happened as we were facing different windows and they all got dark simultaneously. A second later everything was bright again. I ran out front to look up and while I could still hear what sounded like a loud plane, I could see nothing in the sky but it sounded like the "plane" was already passing and on the back side of my house. We went out to the backyard but still were too slow to see any plane-- though we could hear the noise of the vessel fading quickly away. There was not a cloud in the sky.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JessicaJane
About how dark? It's not unusual for planes to cause sufficient shadow that can make a room seem very dark. I lived under the flight path for an Air Force Base and two airports for many years so I know planes can make things go pretty surprisingly dark indoors.

What most of us are talking about is true pitch black absence of all light from anywhere from a split second to two seconds. It's like suddenly going totally blind for a moment.

I have two bathrooms lit by sola-tubes. They are like tunnel shaped skylights. Sometimes a bird or plane will fly overhead and the bathroom will go very dark for an instant. But not that unmistakable pitch black that's confounding us on this topic.

It sounds like you're talking about the same thing as the rest of us but I wanted to confirm that.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I'm relieved to see that this has happened to other people since I posted my experience on here almost a year ago.
Am I the only one who finds it odd that there is nothing else out there that talks about this? Maybe I just don't know where to look? All I know is I'm still very curious about it, and probably always will be.
It seems to have always happened at or around the same time, no matter where it took place.

I might also add that while it happened to my two friends and I, we had the tv on (the only thing on in the house, no lights, just a lot of natural light) and were watching a show on Netflix. WHEN it happened the tv "went out." (Like everyone else said, EVERYTHING was pitch black.) AFTER it happened, the screen was on the Netflix user profile page. I don't really know if that matters, I just find it odd that everything outside and inside went dark. Not like something blocked out the sun. More like the sun and everything else ceased to exist for the second/seconds it happened. And we all three witnessed it. And we all felt a little weird afterward.

Anyway, I hope there are more posts about this in the future and maybe some answers.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: staceylenny

We didn't have any tv or electronic devices on at the time so I can't say if anything else was disturbed beyond the momentary complete loss of light. It's like you say, more like a momentary ceasing to exist.

Once when I was a teenager my mom and I experienced a similar blackout but we ended up in another part of the house instead of where we were. That was disorienting to say the least. It was like teleporting. I don't think the two phenomena are related though. The sensations and overall experiences were different.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Jimjolnir

I know this was an old post but I wanted to reply because I have experienced this 'visual blackout' a few times myself. I'm so relieved to hear I'm not alone on this strange phenomenon! I live in the south west of England, where I experienced this, about 3 times now I've noticed. The third being a couple of days ago. Was around midday, the other times I don't recall what time of day but was broad daylight. Same as Jimjolnir posted, lasted a split second, if you'd blink you would have missed it.

In addition to this, I have also experienced a couple of time distortion phenomenon, similar to a 'Groundhog Day' senerio. Would love to learn more on both of these weird oddities as they do question my sanity!!
edit on 7-11-2018 by Kohlstream because: Needed to add more info

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   
First of all im from Indonesia so sorry for my English.i create this account for the sole purpose of this.the blackout happened to me today.about 12.30 pm it all suddenly go dark for at least 2 second.i got 2 co-worker who also see it.i got my laptop in front of me and the light from it also goes dark,but when it come back all program and stuff still running.there no airplane when it happened and i think i losing my mind.it help to know that im not alone

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I too have experienced this several times over tne years, I even asked my parents about it when I was in primary school in the 80's. East of Scotland here...
edit on 8/5/19 by djz3ro because: Swapping a y for a t

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 06:25 AM
link   
You are not crazy and there is nothing wrong with your sight. For people to be on this forum mocking this makes no sense. I'm not sure why this happened but everything here blinked out for a millisecond. It was so fast you would miss it if you blinked at the time. We looked outside and only one guy on the street reacted and was looking up.
The same thing happened to me and a guest in 2019 march 31 around noon. I live right outside D.C

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Hercules4301
I also created an account to reply to this. This happens to me and my friend in 31 march 2019. Around 2pm. Sun blinked out for a second scared the crap out of us. I have been searching online or anyone else who seen this. It is not any plane and that theory is idiotic

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: staceylenny
You aren't alone and I think people are scared of this

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join