It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important Issue Here, and it Involves All of US...MIND POWER.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
And just before it gets away, I'll go ahead and say that nobody, I mean nobody, can "bend a spoon with their mind". We should be extremely wary of these pseudoscientific hucksters lest we find ourselves believing in whatever kinds of nonsense they push our way.

Although it seems you are trolling this thread because you can't see past your own ignorance, I am going to reply to you anyway, even though I know in the future all I am going to get from you is half thoughts and lazy conclusions.

What the OP is talking about is a REAL effect that has been known for centuries. Yes everyone has put their own twist to it, but it has always been and will always be a REAL effect.

You said "nobody can bend a spoon with their mind"..... but the REALITY is, "nobody can bend a spoon WITHOUT their mind".

Of course you were expecting a magic trick, and probably had memories of The Matrix playing in your head of someone bending a spoon with their mind ONLY..... However, technically, if you bend it with your finger, if you bend it with your arms, or feet, or you use another tool to bend it, NO MATTER WHAT, YOU USED YOUR MIND TO DO IT.

Your mind controls EVERYTHING you do. This is obvious, and true.

"What happens now is a result of what you were thinking in the past".

This knowledge deals with the very fabric of reality, and how it works. Unless you can see past your own ignorance, you are just stuck in your own action and reaction world that you probably believe is uncontrollable, even though the masters of the universe have been controlling it with their minds for many years now.

If you run, walk, crawl... if you talk, scream, sing... if you cry, laugh, or smile... if you hate, love, care... all of that, obviously, is your thoughts and your mind at work. All of those things above effect physical reality in the most basic sense, and MUCH MORE.

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

Faith (not related to religious sense of the term) as in 100% belief is the key. If you 100% BELIEVE you will find a $20 bill tomorrow, you will ...

I would have to strongly disagree. Strong sense of belief or "100% faith" does not make money come your way.

That is why you are stuck in ignorance.

1: You don't know how it works.

2: You don't even try to know.

3: You deny it.

4: You probably didn't even try it.

What the OP is talking about is both super complex and super simple logic based knowledge.

Have you ever heard of "seek and you shall find"??? It's a quote from the Bible, but also a very well known universal phenomena.

You see, when you "believe" something, or you have "faith" that something will happen, or you prepare your mind for something, you have greater chances of that thing happening, or coming true, simply because your mind was ready to see it come true. Sometimes it will come true, but only in your own eyes, because thats how much you wanted to see it.

This may sound like a "yeah right" moment, but it really does have a basis in reality, and how the mind works.

You see, when your mind is constantly thinking about something, that something actually becomes more visible in multiple ways.

For example: When you buy something new for yourself, like a new car, or new shoes, or new shirt.... all of a sudden you start to notice all these people with the same car, same shoes, same shirt, or same whatever you got. This is because your mind is thinking about that object, and it makes that object become more visible around you. Those objects were always there, you just didn't notice them until you started thinking about it.

The "POWER" that the OP is talking about and the knowledge about it originated from this VERY REAL EFFECT that I described above. The trick is learning how to use the effect to your advantage.

If you told yourself for weeks straight that you will find a $20 bill on the floor somewhere, chances are your mind will actually notice a $20 bill on the floor a lot faster than if you didn't use your mind at all.

No, this doesn't make $20 bills magically appear, but it does make you magically find them faster if there was a $20 bill around because your mind is ready and willing and "searching" for it.... sometimes on it's own.

If you master this "seek and ye shall find" effect, you might end up questioning to yourself if you actually made "it" happen. You will question your involvement with the $20 bill you found on the floor. This is where the knowledge gets really deep.....

The following is true:

We are all one object. All of us are a small part of something much larger. All the knowledge that humans have, and all the knowledge that will ever exist, is inside of this large object. Although everything appears to be separate, that is an illusion, and everything in the universe is connected to each other by invisible forces. You ARE the larger object. You ARE the knowledge within it.

Knowing the above is the first step in "bending spoons".... Most people are not enlightened enough to understand the full logic behind such statements, and what knowledge comes from that logic, but I can help you by saying one sentence: The universe is a part of your body.

Like your hair.... It is a part of your body. It grows. You can't move your hair like you can move your fingers, but you can cut it and not feel it.

The universe and everything in it is like your hair. It is a part of your body, it grows, you can't move it like you can move your fingers, but you can cut and manipulate it and not feel it.

The spoon is a part of your body... but you have to learn how to move it like a paralyzed person tries to learn to move their legs again.

The knowledge is much more deep and complex..... and you would be surprised about how close to truth it all really is.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by djbj597922
Show me some scientific fact that says the observer doesn't change things. Because I can show you the double slit experiment that proves it does.

There are all kinds of experiments that display and reveal the mysteries of quantum mechanics and I'm not here to debunk them. I will however demand citations and proofs from those who exploit such mysteries to validate their mystical claims and beliefs. Perhaps you were confused about my posts.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sailormon

Thank you for your reply, I can identify with some of what you are saying...I have tried several such mind power techniques which don't always work the first time but work fairly fast for others...So yes, I am still in the trial phase. I do however believe that ANYTHING is possible if only you could apply your mind. I have difficulty with meditation as I am predominantly right brained and find it difficult to focus on only one thing at a time... and clear my mind. But practice makes perfect right?

Again, thank you for your well written reply. And good luck with your future endeavors.

reply to post by ALLis0NE

Thank you for your well written reply..I could not have said that better myself. It is extremely difficult to get this point across to people who just do not want to know, understand or explore. Personally, I do not see the harm in this research, everything at one point or another was just a theory, until proven correct or false.

Look at everything around us... machinery, your utensils facebook, internet you name it. It was all originally a thought, an idea...put into action.

[edit on 23/01/2010 by jinx880101]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Very cool post! How interesting, I just completed an independent study on a quantum theory of mind since I am a math/physics and psychology major and I'm trying to get 20 posts so that I can post it. I even talked with Dr. Wolf a bit over e-mail. Anyone interested?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

[edit on 21-2-2010 by darkbake]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I just completed an independent study on a quantum theory of mind since I am a math/physics and psychology major

Hi, and welcome to ATS.

That is interesting...Feel free to post whatever information is relevant or in relation the topic at hand..(which is quite a broad topic).

Looking forward to reading your threads in future..

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

The spoon is a part of your body...

No it is not. But thanks for the review on the effects of positive thinking and mental conditioning mixed in with the insults. The guy claiming the "money trick" (his words) did not seem to be referring to mental conditioning and if he were, his "positive thinking visualizations" only amounted to correlating two unrelated events as I had already stated. The claimed power of belief or faith even by your own explanation still has no tangible effect on the actions of the external world and serves only to make a self-conceived correlation more plausible. Also, spoons are not part of anyone's body, nor can they be bent using simply the power of the mind. And you know what I was referring to since I referenced Uri Geller and there was no need to make the point that your mind has to affect your hand and fingers to actually bend one. I'm uncertain what the point of that statement even was.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

Faith (not related to religious sense of the term) as in 100% belief is the key. If you 100% BELIEVE you will find a $20 bill tomorrow, you will ...

I would have to strongly disagree. Strong sense of belief or "100% faith" does not make money come your way.

agreed. You can believe all you want to thats not going to make it happen. What if someone believes 100% that there going to find 20 dollars so they just sit in an armchair and wait. . . . 20 dollars will not materialize out of nowhere.

You can indeed effect the world around. . . but through actions not flights of fancy. You can believe your going to get 20 dollars tomorrow. If you want that 20 dollars however your going to have to go out and get it.

You can sit and wish for your 20 dollars all day long. I, however, am going to get up go to work and earn a bunch of 20 dollar bills.

"What the Bleep" my Bleep

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

For example, if a metal plate sprinkled with sand is vibrated by a tone matching one of its resonant frequencies (matching the pitch at which the plate naturally rings when struck), then standing waves arise in the plate. The sand collects in areas where the waves are zero and helps visualize what the standing waves look like, which gives rise to interesting patterns unique to the tone applied. Here are some examples: Which pattern forms depends on what resonant frequency is vibrated, which in turn depends on the physical characteristics of the plate itself. Anything that vibrates will contain standing waves. This includes bells, tuning forks, resonant chambers, stones, etc… As long as the applied frequency matches the object’s spectrum of resonant frequencies, standing waves will result.

montalk.net...

We are talking on a much smaller scale here...I agree though that money is not going to appear magically by siting in an arm chair, because you are not observing as such anything else other than the room you are in...

Even if it's just for a laugh, give the page linked above a read though.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
to master this effect, we must master oursevles, and that can only be done through evolution, homo sapian isnt full evolved not even close.

We change each and everyday, our minds grow, and continue to learn, however i do not understand why the goverment would constrict such a movment, they are inferior, thier first move will be violence.

So ours must be peace, more violence doesn't solve anything.

My mind is growing, i can see the future, and hear others thoughts (which leads to awkward converations) you state something someone is thinking, one thought after the other, yea it does lead to awkward converations, especilly when there is a number of people.

I am currently trying to learn how to move objects with my mind, its like the instinct feeling that i know how to do it, but then i will think too hard on it, then it fails, but in the moment the instinct feeling, dont let other thoughts cloud your mind, keep to that same feeling, the feeling of you know how to do this.

It is natural, we are not freaks of nature, we are a product of it. There are people who would wish for us to forever learn, and become one with every modern day idiot out there.

I guess they will have to kill me, because i will never lower myself to such demening standards

for example, celebrities, so many people waste thier time obssessing about them, trying to be like them, when you shouldn't worship false idols, you should BE YOURSELF, or doing hard drugs to be "cool"

Realtiy check: "being cool" doesnt exist, there is no gain asides from false popularity, they are not your friends, merely pretenders.

It doesnt matter how many friends you have, how rich you are, or how powerful your family is, it all ends the same for you, i aplogize for those who didnt not wish to hear that, but its true, grasp this and hopfully you wil learn from it

for those who understand, continue to grow the way you do, just because someone says something negitive about you , doesnt mean its true, dont let others lead you away

and for those who are skecpics, you did not create the universe, thus you do not know all the answers, do not pretend, you are just as unaware as the majority of the population

talks about this will become very public in 2-3 years, just you wait, in the mean time, learn

and remeber "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT RELGION YOU ARE IN, WHAT NATION YOU ARE FROM, WE ARE ALL THE SAME, AND ONE DAY IT WONT EVEN MATTER WHAT PLANET YOU ARE FROM, WE ARE ALL THE SAME"

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Perhaps all of you who like to throw around the "observer effect" and the double slit experiment should take a moment to learn what is actually meant by observer. The human mind isn't some magical "observer" and it is certainly not the only "observer"

I posted this in another thread a few days ago but I believe that it is pertinent here aswell. . . .

If everything was in superposition at the beginning and there has to be an observer to collapse the wave function then how did the original observer arise?

Thats the problem most people have when trying to interperate the "observer effect". The thing is that "observer" doesn't necessarily mean a person or his measuring equipment.

Interactions between individual particles effects a change in a physical system making the individual particle in this instance the observer. It is not some magical effect where by a consciousness must be presten to make reality solid.

I call it the "What the Bleep Effect". It is when people watch that garbage then think they have an understanding of physics. From a physics stand point there is little to no accurate information given by those charlatains. If you are interested in real physics I suggest the lecture series on youtube by Leonard Susskind.

A common lay misunderstanding of the term refers to quantum mechanics, where, if the outcome of an event has not been observed, it exists in a state of 'superposition', which is something like being in all possible states at once. In the famous thought experiment known as Schrödinger's cat the cat is supposedly neither alive nor dead until observed — until that time, the cat is both alive and dead (technically half-alive and half-dead in probability terms). However, most quantum physicists, in resolving Schrödinger's seeming paradox, now understand that the acts of 'observation' and 'measurement' must also be defined in quantum terms before the question makes sense.

How can the observer be defined in quantum terms? Well other particles become the observers, no mind needed.

edit to add

Conciousness can effect the world around you but only by compelling you to take actions towards a desired goal.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by constantwonder]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138

and for those who are skecpics, you did not create the universe, thus you do not know all the answers, do not pretend, you are just as unaware as the majority of the population

Since I've seen this point brought up several times, why does skepticism get chalked up to the belief that skeptics "know all the answers"? I have not seen a single skeptic ever claim to "know all the answers". If anything, skepticism brings everyone closer to finding answers to what we don't know.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

Wow, awesome.

What you say rings very true to me. Here is a link for you to read...although, I would not be surprised if you haven't already read it. Ego - The false center

Enjoy, and thank you.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138

Yet you claim to have it all figured out. . . . Why don't you not pretend to know what yur talking about. . . .

How can we take you seriously when you go on a rant about how to master this effect and control your own little patch of exsistance and then turn around and say that the skeptics are wrong because they did not create the universe.

I'm guessing you did create it and thats why your understanding is so much greater than the skeptics. Give me a break!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Right...the 10% brain thing is not correct as mentioned.

a simple understanding of this is...I have tons of stuff plugged in at my house, but chances are, at any given moment, I may have only 10% of my stuff using power. This does not mean the other 90% is never used...its just used when I need to use them.

Similar with the brain...the brain is not being used all at once because it doesn't need to.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Simplest answere and solution is practise of Transcendental Meditation from His Holiness Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
Explanation: when You create a situation in your brain of an high coherence the outside influences of whatever kind are not goin in , Meisnerr effect of a conductor , magnetic influence on the wire, but WHEN temperature reduced , the magnetic field does NOT enters the vire and do not influences the inner flow of electricity. Reduce the "temperature" in your brain functioning and out side waves will not have or at leest have less influence on the inner values. ( The most ideal state is achieved in state of Enlightenment when 100 percent right and left brain coherence is spontaniously effortlessly achieved) Best regards

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
well i enjoyed the OP. what the bleep do we know is pretty old now if you ask me, i think there are a lot better things going on now.

thread totally derailed by traditional d-bag. he's lost, and he wants others to be lost with him.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yes label people "d-bags" just because they don't buy in to your belief system.

Since when was healthy skeptisism a bad thing. . . . With out it the earth would still be the flat center of the universe. Without it cars would not go over 30 mph. Without it we would still see the universe as newtonian (which would mean you have no free will at all.)

Without skeptisism of what real physicists are doing your own theory would not even exsist. So when you go and label the skeptics as the bad guy you must also label yourself for being skeptical of the skeptic.

"d-bag"

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

So if we only use 10% of our brain power, how do you suggest we activate the other 90% ???

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart

thread totally derailed by traditional d-bag. he's lost, and he wants others to be lost with him.

Requiring proof and citation of fantastic claims and providing due criticism thereof is not derailing a thread. Not so surprisingly, instead of actually getting any proof of such claims all I can seem to get from the posters here are the kind of droll insults like the one you've delivered up.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join