It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bond With Dog Helped Girl Survive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Bond With Dog Helped Girl Survive

www.kpho.com

A faithful dog kept a 3-year-old girl warm in freezing temperatures when she was lost overnight, authorities said.
"As soon as (the helicopter) got here … they spotted her," said Yavapai County Sheriff's Office Sgt. Jeff Newnum. "They saw movement -- she (was) with the dog as we had hoped. She (was) huddled up with the dog and was keeping warm."

The medic who spotted the little girl, Eric Tarr says,"I think the dog was initially apprehensive of me I was a little concerned he might bite me but as I just walked right past the dog the dog realized I was there to help...you could see te dog's expression almost turn to a smile it came right up to the helicopter and jumped right in no problem at all."

[edit on 20-2-2010 by Yummy Freelunch]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I apologize if this has been posted, I didnt see it in search. Mods, not sure where this belongs, feel free to move it.

Its just a "feel good" story that really is fantastic to hear! It goes to show you, after you read it all, how animals really are amazing.

This dog treated this child as if she were part of her pack..kept her alive and warm, never leaving her side..I just love happy endings!

Not all the news is depressing..lol

www.kpho.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b470259b8490.jpg[/atsimg]

pic of the girl and doggie

[edit on 20-2-2010 by Yummy Freelunch]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
If there is such a thing that extends beyond unconditional love, it would belong to dogs.
There's a reason why they are considered Man's best friend.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
If there is such a thing that extends beyond unconditional love, it would belong to dogs.
There's a reason why they are considered Man's best friend.

I have to agree with you there! I have cats, and if I was lost "out there" with one of my cats..I guarantee you they'd say.."im outta here"..lol

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Awsome post! Dogs can be so smart and usually want to protect you at all costs. More people should have dogs especially when you have little kids. She was very lucky to have a dog.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by (C2C)]

[edit on 20-2-2010 by (C2C)]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Thank You for this thread, i love storys like this

top topics

join