It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unsolved Problems In Physics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
www.sciencemag.org...
www.newscientist.com...

Even though it is wikipedia, it still is interesting on the amount of stuff physicists do not know. These articles are pretty old, but the answers are still unsolved.

Why is it that some cosmic rays appear to possess energies that are impossibly high (the so called OMG particle), given that there are no sufficiently energetic cosmic ray sources near the Earth? Why is it that (apparently) some cosmic rays emitted by distant sources have energies above the Greisen-Zatsepin-Kuzmin limit

What is the nature of the nuclear force that binds protons and neutrons into stable nuclei and rare isotopes? What is the origin of simple patterns in complex nuclei? What is the nature of neutron stars and dense nuclear matter? What is the origin of the elements in the cosmos? What are the nuclear reactions that drive stars and stellar explosions?

Here are just a few examples of what we really do not know about this universe.
Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
We don't no so many things.

I think we should keep in mind. Somewhere in the future we learn something new what makes our current knowledge useles.

Cool thread ! By the way.

[edit on 20/2/10 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
In many ways, every step forward in science is also 2 steps back.
This is what happens when you question things, you find out the answer, and render your previous world-view useless or, in the case of modern physics vs classical physics, useful only in instances where you're not dealing with quantum objects.

Also, I don't think we ever did find out the fate of Schrodinger's Cat....

[edit on 20-2-2010 by LususNaturae]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LususNaturae

So. This is not just what I see happening. Great !

But what is our problem with arrogance and pride and stupidity ?
Why are we always so full of our selves ?
Yet. Our history shows us, we can not rely on experience from the past.
We were wrong almost all the time. Look at those guys now with their perky smile and naive arrogance.

I love history and i love new innovative science. But I know I'm an uneducated idiot. This means for me any good explanation can make way to a better one.
Why can't they ?

top topics

join