It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Mum the aliens are coming'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

A NINE-year-old UFO spotter yelled "the aliens are coming!" when he noticed strange lights hovering near his home.

Eagle-eyed Tom Cooke snapped the disc like objects on his mobile phone near his Eccleston home on Tuesday (February 16) at around 9.45pm.

The Bleak Hill pupil’s pictures come at the same time as files released by the Ministry of Defence, which suggest thousands of UFO sightings across England over the last 20 years.

Tom, who admitted to being excited and a little scared by the experience, explained: “ It was about 9.45pm and I spotted the first over Kiln Lane. I shouted to my mum the aliens are coming!

Wow!

I've mentioned Ufo's over merseyside a few times, now one of the local papers are reporting yet more...

I have relatives in the very area.

www.sthelensstar.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Very interesting, indeed. Props to the boy for confidently and without doubt or hesitation saying "I think they were flying saucers." Pictures aren't of the best nature due to the poor quality of the camera phone, plus distance (through window as well?), plus the light glare, although interesting nevertheless. If I knew how, I'd try to embed those photo's into this thread somehow.

Very interesting and thank you very much for finding/posting

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I don't know if they have the same sort in britain, but those "UFOs" look just like street lamps viewed through a moving car at night. Good for the kid to say right out what he thought they were, but I"m going to have to guess that he's mistaken.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
I don't know if they have the same sort in britain, but those "UFOs" look just like street lamps viewed through a moving car at night. Good for the kid to say right out what he thought they were, but I"m going to have to guess that he's mistaken.

Maybe you're right - but these sightings are becoming more and more common in my home area.

Red orbs, orange orbs, silver triangles etc etc...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
That has to be the worst UFO picture I have seen in ages , totally agree with Solasis on the street lights , right colour and height .
Nice story though

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
You know what the worst part is?
Its this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe, just maybe we may have had an opportunity to catch some pics of our own but decided otherwise.
S+F for the thread tho

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

G'day mr lizard

Here's the picture.......of the streetlights.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af471344952c.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

G'day again mr lizard

Whilst I'm at it, I'd like to post this picture of some UFO's.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7ade772a407.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

G'day again mr lizard

Whilst I'm at it, I'd like to post this picture of some UFO's.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7ade772a407.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

G'day Mr sarcastic - if you bothered to read my post, i was commenting on the recent sitings that have been spotted above Sthelens in the last few years.

I didn't post the pics because they aren't that good, if they were good i would have posted them..

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

G'day again mr lizard

It's Mr Sarcastic back again

......good on you.....that's hilarious

In my opinion, you would have established a more credible thread if you'd taken the time to find better quality material to enhance your commentary.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 20-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Wow! I just feel touched by that pic. Its not the disc in the background, its the triangle formation of ufo orbs that gets to me. Exactly the same as I filmed in my footage

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
When I first saw the pictures I did think yeh street lights but then I thought are lights that close to eachother then thought about editing.

If they were street lights where are the poles,coz they clearly show on the proper street lights ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2aa77161a458.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bcdae54b0da9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Alienmindflare

G'day Alienmindflare

Are we to assume the only witness to this is 9 year old Tom Cooke?

If so, the report is as "dodgy" as the pictures.

Even though the report seems to indicate the sighting & the pictures only involved the 9 year old child, let's assume the pictures were taken by his father, thereby indicating some level of adult involvement & making the "sighting" more credible.

Not only is the picture lacking useful information, the commentary is brief in the extreme..... quote “They were silver and orange with about ten or eleven little ones close by. They hovered for about ten minutes, then jetted off.” unquote.

Surely a 10 minute sighting of more than 10 "extraterrestrial spacecraft" would elicit a more detailed series of comments.

If this "sighting" of more than 10 "alien spacecraft" lasted for 10 mins, why didn't anybody else report anything?

One might also wonder why a 9 year old is out in the street with a camera phone at 9.45pm.

Here is the article in full.

'Mum the aliens are coming'...boy (9) snaps UFO above Eccleston
9:08am Friday 19th February 2010

A NINE-year-old UFO spotter yelled "the aliens are coming!" when he noticed strange lights hovering near his home.

Eagle-eyed Tom Cooke snapped the disc like objects on his mobile phone near his Eccleston home on Tuesday (February 16) at around 9.45pm.

The Bleak Hill pupil’s pictures come at the same time as files released by the Ministry of Defence, which suggest thousands of UFO sightings across England over the last 20 years.

Tom, who admitted to being excited and a little scared by the experience, explained: “ It was about 9.45pm and I spotted the first over Kiln Lane. I shouted to my mum the aliens are coming!

“They were silver and orange with about ten or eleven little ones close by. They hovered for about ten minutes, then jetted off.”

Asked about what he thought they could have been, Tom was convinced, saying confidently: “I think they were flying saucers.”

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 20-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Hey Maybe...maybe not

yeh I agree with you about the comments and I also think their should have been more witness's/photos.
Like I said I did think they were lights but after seeing no poles,,that got me thinking.

I guess with alot of pics that cant be authenicated we'll never know for sure.

I like to think they were UFO's as Im a firm believer but also dont jump straight in and say yep def 100% UFO everytime I see a pic.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Alienmindflare

G'day again Alienmindflare

I just posted some more comments (above) with a view to explaining myself more clearly.

It seems this all rests on the word & "dodgy" pictures of a 9 year old kid.

Maybe the kid was getting his butt kicked for being outside so late at night & he made this up to try to get out of trouble.

What's the bet that he confesses he made up the story?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I think its possible he made it up,,I'll have a look tomorrow see if there anything else about it,well or tonight,but right now I gotta go watch heroes

ps..also possible UFO

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmindflare

I think its possible he made it up,,

I think everyone knows nine year old children do not lie.

Ever...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
thing is here on ats users are so tired of seeing fakes that they will say fake even if a real ufo shows up. Even if an ET would descend from his ship it would be considered as fake,cgi, a publicity campaign.etc.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Originally posted by Alienmindflare

I think its possible he made it up,,

I think everyone knows nine year old children do not lie.

Ever...

G'day Mr Mask

After my last post, I was thinking about what would motivate a 9 year old to make up such an elaborate story.

It would be interesting to know:

- If his parents are "into" UFO's, thereby providing the kid with material for the story & a reason to think his parents will be excited enough to "excuse" his late-night wanderings

- If there have been any other similar stories publicised in that area that could have provided that "inspiration"

As is the way with such reports, we cannot state as a 100% fact that he did not see something.....however prosaic or exotic that "something" might have been.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Only now the Aliens have got the message about Liverpools vibrant culture, Which is quite diverse.
So expect to see Marvin the Marshon parading up the mersy in his ufo.
Still, its good to have diversity with the storys.
Sometime's, as adults we tend to over look things, so who knows what it really was..?
At least there is a picture we can debate about, which is far better than some other storys without.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join